Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Mod Ideas

Rossostopher

On 3/27/2020 at 8:32 PM, Lenny said:

Just be sure the seats are from a 5 Door model,

And also to inform you that if purchasing ST3 leather Recaro you will lose the middle seat belt on the rear seat as the leather Recaro interior for the mk2 & mk2.5 only has two rear seat belts.

If theres some rust on the seat rails or sub frame then you can easily repair by swapping with the existing parts which you have on your existing seats as the rails and sub frame are identical; heres the process I've done recently; these seats were particularly rough in regard patina because they were sitting in a garage for almost two years; not in a focus, the material is in excellent condition and I'm in the process of full restoration by swapping out the nasty parts for fresh ones off my existing seats. 

Link: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-seat-rail-repair/ 

Ahhhhh just read your link and scared of seats after reading the pre tensioner being activated😂🙈I work in a car garage but just receptionist😂have seen a few recaro seats for sale though, just finding the right price and delivery. 

Now struggling with my side mirrors, I've got sequential indicators built for focus st mirror but can't find any mirrors with the colour tonic blue🙈or that would fit my focus🙈any ideas what the wiring is like to put the indicators in my mirrors whether its just plug in or wire it up from somewhere to the mirrors and just order black half covers to either leave as black and carbon fibre it or paint tonic blue🙈

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poppy_mk2 said:

Ahhhhh just read your link and scared of seats after reading the pre tensioner being activated😂🙈I work in a car garage but just receptionist😂have seen a few recaro seats for sale though, just finding the right price and delivery. 

Now struggling with my side mirrors, I've got sequential indicators built for focus st mirror but can't find any mirrors with the colour tonic blue🙈or that would fit my focus🙈any ideas what the wiring is like to put the indicators in my mirrors whether its just plug in or wire it up from somewhere to the mirrors and just order black half covers to either leave as black and carbon fibre it or paint tonic blue🙈

I've transferred both my existing seat belt sockets with pre-tensioners across to the Recaro seats everything is working 100% no ill fitment or errors on the dash.

I'm looking for the bottom section of the rear seat either from three or five door it doesn't matter; I cant sell my original front seats now though as there in sections although they would be an upgrade for those with mk2 ghia interior 🙈

The mk2.5 focus mirrors should be a straight swap to your focus, you would need to pop off the front door panel to have a look and see what wires are already in the loom of your specific focus,

The wires will be in the new wing mirrors (of course) but if the wires for indicators are on the door loom then that would be a bonus because then you could cut them from the loom block which is inside the footwell on both sides of the vehicle 

Then wire from the indicators in the side wings; run the cable in through the firewall grommet and on to the loom in both door,

If your not planning to change the side wings or flush over the existing indicators there are chrome "ghia" badges which pop in to the original indicator holes in the wings, as the ghia model had ST wing mirrors as standard, ford put badges in the wings to plug the indicator hole; like this one but try get them cheaper 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-Ghia-Side-Panel-INDICATOR-COVER-WING-Badge-Emblem-BLANKING-PLATE/254555668754?epid=1409739830&hash=item3b44b34112:g:EbkAAOSwVCJegi~2 

Might pick them up on ebay; could fill the "ghia" part, sand smooth and apply ST decals,

Just an idea 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

I've transferred both my existing seat belt sockets with pre-tensioners across to the Recaro seats everything is working 100% no ill fitment or errors on the dash.

I'm looking for the bottom section of the rear seat either from three or five door it doesn't matter; I cant sell my original front seats now though as there in sections although they would be an upgrade for those with mk2 ghia interior 🙈

The mk2.5 focus mirrors should be a straight swap to your focus, you would need to pop off the front door panel to have a look and see what wires are already in the loom of your specific focus,

The wires will be in the new wing mirrors (of course) but if the wires for indicators are on the door loom then that would be a bonus because then you could cut them from the loom block which is inside the footwell on both sides of the vehicle 

Then wire from the indicators in the side wings; run the cable in through the firewall grommet and on to the loom in both door,

If your not planning to change the side wings or flush over the existing indicators there are chrome "ghia" badges which pop in to the original indicator holes in the wings, as the ghia model had ST wing mirrors as standard, ford put badges in the wings to plug the indicator hole; like this one but try get them cheaper 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-Ghia-Side-Panel-INDICATOR-COVER-WING-Badge-Emblem-BLANKING-PLATE/254555668754?epid=1409739830&hash=item3b44b34112:g:EbkAAOSwVCJegi~2 

Might pick them up on ebay; could fill the "ghia" part, sand smooth and apply ST decals,

Just an idea 🤷‍♂️

I've managed find some cheap Recaro seats £100 for both front and rear on fb marketplace. Just trying get them with the lockdown🙈There's a few on eBay just the rears and rear bottom. Or facebook martketplace could be better as speaking to the actual person and might split them so you can have the bottom only😊

Do you think I would be able to splice the wires together from my side mirror to wing indicator at all? Ooooh that's shiny and pretty shame I've already got sequential wing indicators in place cost about £20 for the pair off eBay lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poppy_mk2 said:

I've managed find some cheap Recaro seats £100 for both front and rear on fb marketplace. Just trying get them with the lockdown🙈There's a few on ebay just the rears and rear bottom. Or facebook martketplace could be better as speaking to the actual person and might split them so you can have the bottom only😊

Do you think I would be able to splice the wires together from my side mirror to wing indicator at all? Ooooh that's shiny and pretty shame I've already got sequential wing indicators in place cost about £20 for the pair off ebay lol

I'm not on Facebook myself, 

Regarding routing cables from the side wings to the doors 

It is possible if you open the door and look down at the bottom of the wing panel; you may be able to fish a cable through to the front of the door panel.

There may be a guide for the process somewhere 

• 2 years later...

hi guys new here i have a 2010 mk2 1.6 TDCI zetec s that I'm looking to modify, what can/cant I do to her, currently looking at remap, alloys and new stereo as the on in it is pants!, but any other ideas send them here! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club