Do Not Sell My Personal Information

19" Snow Flake Alloys Fitment To 1.6Tdci Will They Fit?

Lenny

Yeah, I think the standard shocks are fine when lowering the car 30-40mm (even though they probably will wear sooner), so only if you were looking to go below this would you need to look into uprated shocks or a full coilover set up.

Ive gone on eBay

And performance 3000 are selling the bilstein B4 shocks for

less than 250 pounds

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Mk2-1-8-TDCI-Hatchback-2005-2011-Bilstein-B4-Shock-Absorbers-Set-/230829632298?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4961189921568626324%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D230829632298%26

im tempted myself but i dont think i can afford those aswell lol

Yeah, I think the standard shocks are fine when lowering the car 30-40mm (even though they probably will wear sooner), so only if you were looking to go below this would you need to look into uprated shocks or a full coilover set up.

As Sal says, geometry and alignment is a must after any work like this, even for peace of mind...or in my case, before you destroy two brand new tyres in the space of a few weeks!

Hassen, I love those wheels too pal. I think it's still quite a high asking price second hand, but to be fair they are pretty rare to come across as he says, and they look immaculate in the photos. They've been up there for a while now too though, so there might be a bit of movement on the asking price. Seem completely bare too, without tyres, centre caps, valves or nuts.

They do look ace. Can't see myself spending that much though and I noticed as well it's been there for a while. Still not for me because my main priority is headunit at the moment, which might happen in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Ive gone on ebay

And performance 3000 are selling the bilstein B4 shocks for

less than 250 pounds

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=230829632298

im tempted myself but i dont think i can afford those aswell lol

That is a very tempting price. Been looking into shocks and springs myself but think it will have to wait. European car parts has a whole set of Bilstein coilover kit for 831 euro which is pretty good value. Even though, I think for most people's uses, it is a bit of an overkill.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but anyone has any ideas on how to make the Focus more stable in corners? Was thinking stiffer anti roll bars?

• Like 1

They do look ace. Can't see myself spending that much though and I noticed as well it's been there for a while. Still not for me because my main priority is headunit at the moment, which might happen in the next few weeks.

Regarding headunit mate,

Im a huge fan of "mightymods" videos on youtube.

And they recently done a guide on fitting an iPad to your car.

Would be 100% possible, they even show the speedo app looks excellent lol

Only downside i think is no FM radio.

I recomend watching every episode of mightymods.

But here is the ipad one.

That is a very tempting price. Been looking into shocks and springs myself but think it will have to wait. European car parts has a whole set of Bilstein coilover kit for 831 euro which is pretty good value. Even though, I think for most people's uses, it is a bit of an overkill.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but anyone has any ideas on how to make the Focus more stable in corners? Was thinking stiffer anti roll bars?

No problem hyjacking mate,

I wont be updating the main topic of wheels until febuary, and your question is about handling, which is part of the goal lol

Now to answer the question lol

Switching off esp can help it turn in sharper but if she slips with esp off, your on your own in terms of getting it straight.

From my understanding, lower suspension and lower profile tyres reduce tyre squat, which helps body sway on corners aswell as body roll,

Thats what im hoping ayways lol

White line manufacture sway bars for the focus, not too expensive neither

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200731812888?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Regarding headunit mate,

Im a huge fan of "mightymods" videos on youtube.

And they recently done a guide on fitting an iPad to your car.

Would be 100% possible, they even show the speedo app looks excellent lol

Only downside i think is no FM radio.

I recomend watching every episode of mightymods.

But here is the ipad one.

Mighty Car Mods with Marty and Moog! They rock. I have watched every single episode of that show. It's very informative and so funny at the same time.

The one about the Ipad is really interesting coz I was actually thinking of getting a Nexus 7 tablet. I think there was someone online that had a tutorial on how to get that fitted in a car with some pretty cool car apps. I will try to find that tutorial.

As for the anti-roll bar, I think that might go on the list as I can't find anywhere online that would deliver the Eibach kit which consists of front, back anti roll bars along with springs as well. They have it on their website but no retailers here. Any ideas on that front?

If and when I have the money, the suspension tweaks would include anti roll bars, sport shocks and lower springs. I would probably leave the tyres and rims the same as I quite like the comfort they provide. That's the future plans now ;)

• Like 1

As for the anti-roll bar, I think that might go on the list as I can't find anywhere online that would deliver the Eibach kit which consists of front, back anti roll bars along with springs as well. They have it on their website but no retailers here. Any ideas on that front?

If and when I have the money, the suspension tweaks would include anti roll bars, sport shocks and lower springs. I would probably leave the tyres and rims the same as I quite like the comfort they provide. That's the future plans now ;)

Before purchasing my springs, i tried to look for the Eibach sway bars or anti roll bars to fit the focus and couldnt find them anywhere,

Just kits for the mk1 focus and american models.

Would be nice to buy all as one kit though.

Before purchasing my springs, i tried to look for the eibach sway bars or anti roll bars to fit the focus and couldnt find them anywhere,

Just kits for the mk1 focus and american models.

Would be nice to buy all as one kit though.

Yea, that's what I kept seeing as they were mostly for the american models. Quite annoying actually as it would be nice to get the whole Eibach set.

Those Whiteline antiroll bars might just do the trick. I did ask at the local Ford dealer last time if there was anything they could supply to make the Focus 'sporty'. I know it might sound a bit ridiculous for a diesel but the wife's Seat Leon has a pretty cool suspension and it feels like a go kart. I would like some of that feeling in the Focus without compromising comfort. I don't want a rock hard suspension but one that just is a bit less wobbly round corners.

Would just uprating the roll bars front and back achieve that you think?

• Like 1

Yea, that's what I kept seeing as they were mostly for the american models. Quite annoying actually as it would be nice to get the whole Eibach set.

Those Whiteline antiroll bars might just do the trick. I did ask at the local Ford dealer last time if there was anything they could supply to make the Focus 'sporty'. I know it might sound a bit ridiculous for a diesel but the wife's Seat Leon has a pretty cool suspension and it feels like a go kart. I would like some of that feeling in the Focus without compromising comfort. I don't want a rock hard suspension but one that just is a bit less wobbly round corners.

Would just uprating the roll bars front and back achieve that you think?

I need to find out the diameter of the existing diesel sway bar before purchasing a replacment as the existing diesel one could already be the same size.

From my understanding of it all

The springs handle the load so lower springs is less sway/body roll on corners.

The sway bars prevent the wheel from lifting on corners.

And lower profile tyres prevent wabble on corners or acceleration.

Had a chat with the guys in the Ford dealership today and according to them, they had one customer only who fitted Eibach lowering springs. If I just get the springs and leave the rest as it is, I will not need to do anything else to the car. That is according to them now. Any thoughts about that?

I am so very tempted to start saving for a set of springs and maybe even better shocks. Lenny where did you get your springs from and how much were they shipped if you don't mind me asking? Any suggestions for shocks and where to get them? My only issue is whether the car will be too low to the ground and would scrape going over speed bumps. I reckon the car would look quite good as well sitting a bit lower.

• Like 1

Had a chat with the guys in the Ford dealership today and according to them, they had one customer only who fitted Eibach lowering springs. If I just get the springs and leave the rest as it is, I will not need to do anything else to the car. That is according to them now. Any thoughts about that?

I am so very tempted to start saving for a set of springs and maybe even better shocks. Lenny where did you get your springs from and how much were they shipped if you don't mind me asking? Any suggestions for shocks and where to get them? My only issue is whether the car will be too low to the ground and would scrape going over speed bumps. I reckon the car would look quite good as well sitting a bit lower.

Hi mate,

i purchased my Eibach kit from ford on eBay. Finis1358918 (for 1.6TDCi, 1.8TDCi and 2.0TDCi)

Buying from ford doesnt effect your warrenty if ford fit them or you have an invoice to say you bought from ford. Which you will have if you buy like i did, or from your local dealership. Ive void all my warrentys at this stage but its good to know ford stand by the product and supply it.

Here is where i bought mine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-Eibach-Lowering-Kit-1-6L-2-0L-Diesel-Finis-1358918-/150982398548?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2327409254

Deliverd by GLS but their not blue when they arrive their gloss black so will match your car even better.

I doubt your car will scrape since ford offer the kit as an optional extra but it will sit 40mm from centre wheel cap to centre tip of fender.

Their also selling ford focus 18" rims set of four 400 pounds in both silver or chrome finish, would match in well

But your existing alloys look good enough to me, and like you said the extra profile helps,

Id also recommend fitting the Eibach camber adjustment kit, from Performance3000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230625566464?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheaper than a tyre and will keep all four wearing evenly after lowering.

Also regarding shocks/Dampers

The bilstein B4 kit also from Performance3000 looks like a fantastic offer,

But im not sure if the B4 kit is a stock spec kit or an upgrade from stock spec

Great price though,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230829632298?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A great video regarding lowering the car is this one lol

Thanks for all the info Lenny. I think I will start saving now and see how it all looks on your car. I reckon it will look awesome and drive even better.

What I found out in my little bit of research is that Eibach springs are well regarded as being one of the best value for money and quality. H&R and Apex do springs as well, but the Eibach ones always seemed to be more preferred.

Also, I was considering upgrading the dampers since the springs will be done at the same time. Found out that there is a kit, Bilstein B12 Pro Kit that comes with Bilstein B6 or B8 dampers and the Eibach Pro kit springs that you got. Realistically it would lower the car about 30mm front and back. This would suit me perfect that I don't want the car to scrape. Demon Tweaks online have it for €633 + shipping which I think is good value for money. Realistically looking at €100-150 to get it all fitted by a mechanic as this is well beyond my skills. Total cost of less that €790. I think I should start saving now so that in the summer time, I can get that done.

I am extremely tempted of a set of 18" alloys after seeing them on a R spec Golf TDI today that was factory lowered owned by a collegue of mine. I don't think it would suit me though with my high millage and bumpy roads. Still so very tempting!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info Lenny. I think I will start saving now and see how it all looks on your car. I reckon it will look awesome and drive even better.

What I found out in my little bit of research is that Eibach springs are well regarded as being one of the best value for money and quality. H&R and Apex do springs as well, but the Eibach ones always seemed to be more preferred.

Also, I was considering upgrading the dampers since the springs will be done at the same time. Found out that there is a kit, Bilstein B12 Pro Kit that comes with Bilstein B6 or B8 dampers and the Eibach Pro kit springs that you got. Realistically it would lower the car about 30mm front and back. This would suit me perfect that I don't want the car to scrape. Demon Tweaks online have it for ¤633 + shipping which I think is good value for money. Realistically looking at ¤100-150 to get it all fitted by a mechanic as this is well beyond my skills. Total cost of less that ¤790. I think I should start saving now so that in the summer time, I can get that done.

I am extremely tempted of a set of 18" alloys after seeing them on a R spec Golf TDI today that was factory lowered owned by a collegue of mine. I don't think it would suit me though with my high millage and bumpy roads. Still so very tempting!

Thanks mate,

Happy to be of assistance, the Blistein kit sounds good and sure to be well worth the spend.

You could always upgrade the alloys at a later date if you wanted to but big tyres and big mileage equals increased price when needing new tyres.

i have seen these fitted to a facelift st , and all i can say is they looked gorgeous

• Like 1

You could always upgrade the alloys at a later date if you wanted to but big tyres and big mileage equals increased price when needing new tyres.

Your right there Lenny , only 16,000 miles and i need two new front tyre's First quote from Kwikfit , was 197.00 each lol of course i declined , i have 0.4mm before i'm illegal on the O/S front and 1.6mm on the N/S , so when i take right hand corners i'm going to lean to the left :)

• Like 1

i have seen these fitted to a facelift st , and all i can say is they looked gorgeous

You mean the alloys or the spring kit?

• Like 1

the alloys i mean

kugawheels.jpg

They do look good mate,

But im more in favour of these ones in an 18" for comfort instead of the original plan of 19" although theirs only 80 pounds in the difference between four 18" and four 19" snow flake rims.

KGrHqJiYFCNMoYnyBQykjFKlUw60_58-1.jpg

Quick update,

Two rims orderd, will upload some pics next week when they arrive :)

Quick update,

Two rims orderd, will upload some pics next week when they arrive :)

Nice one. Can't wait to see the end result.

Btw, how are you going to get the springs fitted? You doing it yourself or do you have someone that you would recommend to do the job?

• Like 1

Nice one.

Can't wait to see the end result.

Btw, how are you going to get the springs fitted?

You doing it yourself or do you have someone that you would recommend to do the job?

Thanks mate,

Im going to get a quote off ford to fit the steering rack limiter kit, springs and camber bolts.

Very cautious of letting any mechanic near the car, and ford have known this chassie since 2005 so im sure they have changed springs in a few of them by now.

I dont want to be a mechanics first ford focus to change springs in.

Purchasing tyres from local tyre dealer aswell as laser alignment.

Quick update on progress,

First two rims arrived today along with blue centre caps,

All quiet now until march lol purchase another two and complete the set, here are a few pictures.

Image2665_zpsb0d2f00a.jpg

Image2666_zpsf605b4b4.jpg

Image2667_zps75cc54dc.jpg

Image2672_zps44002a1c.jpg

Image2670_zps6058b81c.jpg

Image2671_zps016c2554.jpg

Nothing beats the smell of opening packages!

Looking awesome. Roll on March :)

• Like 1

Wheels look ace. Lenny i hate you so much lol!

• Like 1