Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2013 - Eco Boost Performance Questions

Paulospanda

Hey Guys

I picked up my new Titanium X 2013 (125 ecoboost) Fiesta last week after a long wait without a car.

I just want to asked other people with the 100/125 Ecoboost engines for their experience so far, because i'm finding it weird to drive and Im not sure if it's me, an engine problem or something I just need to get used to. Because the car wasn't available when I ordered it for a test drive I actually went in a focus and TBH I think they are very different.

- How do you find the engine at low revs? - The car is rapid when you put your foot down but seems to struggle at cruising speed.

- In other cars I drive I usually race to 5th gear but with the Ecoboost I have to stay in lower gears much longer. Is this Normal?

- 3rd seems to struggle(Can hear the engine) with anything below 26mph. Do you find the same?

- 4th after about 40~42 but I can't really get into 5th until around 48/50. While in other cars I'd get into 5th around 40. Do you find the same?

Maybe it's a case of getting used to it. Everything else about the car is awesome so far. Sync, the heated seats and keyless entry are amazing. I've seen a lot of people talk about "Drive the deal" on here and I can confirm they are great. I got a very good price and everything when through smoothly.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

Hi paulospanda with regards to your question on the ecoboost engines I have a fiesta 1litre ecoboost with 900 miles on the clock now and I'm not sure if I like it, but this may change in time. This is my wife's car but have driven it a bit myself and there are a few things I'm not sure on. First is the engine vibrations and noise and yes I know it's a 3 cylinder but still takes some getting used too, and like you mentioned the gear ratio to speed? I have to drive in 3rd gear to keep the car at 30mph and if I shift to fourth it feels like it will stall? Anyone else have the same problem? And as mentioned the mpg is a bit low around 41 mpg but hope this will change when more miles are under the bonet. Otherwise the car is great, well equipped and fast, and an improvement on my 11 plate zetec 1.25 (82) but just wish the mpg, gear ratio/ speed will improve to tick all the boxes. P.s sorry if this post is in the wrong place or layout as I'm still trying to get used to the site! Which I think is great by the way.....later.

Hi paulospanda with regards to your question on the ecoboost engines I have a fiesta 1litre ecoboost with 900 miles on the clock now and I'm not sure if I like it, but this may change in time. This is my wife's car but have driven it a bit myself and there are a few things I'm not sure on. First is the engine vibrations and noise and yes I know it's a 3 cylinder but still takes some getting used too, and like you mentioned the gear ratio to speed? I have to drive in 3rd gear to keep the car at 30mph and if I shift to fourth it feels like it will stall? Anyone else have the same problem? And as mentioned the mpg is a bit low around 41 mpg but hope this will change when more miles are under the bonet. Otherwise the car is great, well equipped and fast, and an improvement on my 11 plate zetec 1.25 (82) but just wish the mpg, gear ratio/ speed will improve to tick all the boxes. P.s sorry if this post is in the wrong place or layout as I'm still trying to get used to the site! Which I think is great by the way.....later.

Vibrations? mine has just 700miles and is much smoother then my past outgoing mk3 mondeo tdci, (had three of them over the years) the engine noise sounds off beat but thats cause the 3 cylinder, but i think its just as smooth to drive as any 4pot i have driven, in fact i think it feels more like a 5cylinder tbh.

Ok yes have to be in 3rd to drive at 30mph, but only as i find its actually pretty impossible keep the speed that low in 4th its too easy to squeeze a little throttle to end up doing 40mph without knowing it (no increase in engine noise) Can use 4th as low as 25mph before it feels too much for the engine. mine will actually pull away at 30mph in 5th gear without feeling like its going to stall.

Mpg wise i am getting between 43-46mpg using the fill tank up and reacord milage, trip says 41.5. Which personally is what i expected from my routes.

Got a new White Zetec 100hp version and have to say i am surprised some people talking of lacking power in lower rev's. I have found mine to pull very easily in 4th at 30mph, properly equal to that of old mk3 2.0ltr tdci Mondeo which this car has replaced.

Been very amazed at how well this little car performs, did wonder if id regret getting something so small but so far the engine hasn't disappointed at all.

The 100Hp differs from the 125, the 125 seems to lack power at low revs, the 100 seems to pull better "on the road" in many driving situations and seems to be the better choice of the two for most drivers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club