Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got My New Focus Today...........

frostman83

59 plate 1.6 zetec 33k on clock. nice car.

however the bite is pretty high, not all the way at the top but slightly higher than what i say would be normal? is this something to be concerened about?

i also have reversed 7/8 times and 3/4 of these times the car made a clicking/grinding noise. i then put it into neutral and back into reverse it was fine. the other times it didnt happen.

am i worrying about nothing here? what do you guys thinks?

Hi :)

Yeah both of these things I have noticed on my car too. The reverse gear seems to be worse if you have been driving for a period of time before you try and reverse than when you start the car up. The clutch has always been high on my car, which is anoying as I tend to keep my foot on the pedal when driving and can cause the clutch to 'burn' if the pedal is depressed enough

Hi :)

Yeah both of these things I have noticed on my car too. The reverse gear seems to be worse if you have been driving for a period of time before you try and reverse than when you start the car up. The clutch has always been high on my car, which is anoying as I tend to keep my foot on the pedal when driving and can cause the clutch to 'burn' if the pedal is depressed enough

So it's not just me then!! Still a really decent motor though, I'm very pleased with it.

Bite is high on mine, always has been. Hardly ever had the reverse thing though, despite reversing every morning and the fiesta I learnt to drive in doing exactly as you describe about 70% of the time.

Is yours a petrol or a diesel? I thought perhaps mine didn't do it as it was a diesel and was something to do with it having a DMF.

Mines a petrol. Seems the consensus is that most models have a high bite? I will adapt my driving and in time I guess everyone gets used to it.

Coming from a 1999 1.2 Clio I'm sure I will be fine.

Reversed again this evening it was fine!

59 plate 1.6 zetec 33k on clock. nice car.

however the bite is pretty high, not all the way at the top but slightly higher than what i say would be normal? is this something to be concerened about?

i also have reversed 7/8 times and 3/4 of these times the car made a clicking/grinding noise. i then put it into neutral and back into reverse it was fine. the other times it didnt happen.

am i worrying about nothing here? what do you guys thinks?

I don't know how many cars you have owned, but a lot of the cars I have owned have done this. If it won't go into reverse first time, slowly release the clutch while putting into reverse and let it slip in. The reason it's making that noise is because you think you're in reverse when in fact your not properly in that gear. You'll get used to it, I did,

All Fords seem to have high biting points.

I drive a 07 1.8 tdci and a 09 2.0 tdci Focus and they are both the same.

The reverse gear is a characteristic say ford, its just a really picky gearbox, you might find 1st is a bit of a problem in cold weather, infact when its below 0 the whole box is pretty notchy, in their efforts to refine the gearbox they changed the oil for a thicker grade, when warm its nice when cold its like trying to stir jelly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club