Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side Light Led's

theduke

Hi guys im looking for a set of led error free sidelights and number plate lights as they are the same bulbs iirc, but ive seen a few posts saying they flicker after about 2 weeks any recommended LED Bulbs out there? or some bright white traditional bulbs

im wiring the sidelights to an ignition live so that they have the drl effect, but if theyre on with the ignition they need to be reliable

are cree the dogs dangleys then :)

Yes they are very good..

Most problems with LED in the side light position comes from the Heat from the other bulbs which breaks down the LEDS

Indeed they are.

They're brighter and more stable than standard LED.

thanks cree it is then

If you decide not to go for Creee I can recommend the ones I just bought, only cost a few quid and they work like a charm!

which ones did you get jeebowhite?

LED Bulbs that flicker? that is exactly how LED's work they are not constantly "on" or in the sense of halogen, burning. LED's switch on and off at very high frequency so they are always flickering this is why on video play back LED lights appear to flicker, the frames per second of the camera is close enough to the rate of the LED frequency giving the appearance of slowing down hence flickering.

Humans eyes cannot keep up with LED's frequency therefore it appears as always being on, if they flicker from the human eye it's probably a loose connection.

On my previous car i had a set like what james posted (The second link) worked perfectly for 2 years then i got rid of them as they were not e-marked... LED Bulbs cannot be E-marked therefore not road legal

I just fitted Cree'sin number plate, rear fogs and sidelights. They are really bright and I would definately recommend them. Just make sure you buy froma UK supplier not one in Hong Kong.

My son works for a company that makes the light untis for emergency vehicles and they use nothing but Cree LED's as they are bright and reliable.

:unsure: Drank beer and went on eBay last night bad combo was watching some cree ones and some cheepy ones bought the cheep ones ebay, Oooops!

Sometimes (I certainly find) its worth taking a gamble on these bulbs.

Most of my bulbs cost less than 7 or 8 quid each, and they do the job brilliantly. In fact my car was recently in with Ford and they never mentioned any negatives about the bulbs (not bright enough, not conforming etc) so I havent broke the bank and I have got the quality of light I wanted at the price I prefer :D

I look at it this way, just because its cheap, doesn't mean its rubbish! 5 years later, most the basic tools I bought from poundland are still in fantastic condition :p

• Like 1

Agree with the comment above :-)

I purchased some standard LED 501's a while back and mine are still fine.

However I didn't actually buy them for the side lights they was originally in my footwells but I upgraded them..

If didn't swap them I would have paid more for better and brighter...

But still they are fine and do the job of a parking light :-)

Well tried them out they look ok wonder if theyll last :wacko: and my headlights are surprisingly white

2013-08-09214535_zps235f8624.jpg

551daf31-a7b4-4576-986e-45e4d6f4f1cb_zps

• 2 months later...

quick update as i bought the cheapo ones they lasted 2 months and are now in the number plate, couple of flickers then two of the five smd's have failed on one bulb

off to buy some cree ones know :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club