Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2013 Titanium Auto Lights

elevonic

Hi all, seems a bit strange but when I have my lighting switch set to auto I can't get main beam, either to flash or use main beam in country lanes etc. The blue light comes on but the lights don't change. I can't believe this is normal?

Have you got the auto-high beam thing? I'm not sure quite how it works but could be a possibility :)

Hi Elevonic

I have a 2013 Focus Titanium with the auto headlamp dipping. I've just checked and with the auto dipping on and lights set to auto the main beam does flash. I try it again when its dark and report back!

Ian

Auto high beam still allows you to , manually cancel or select high beam , make sure your lens is clean on the front screen , even street lamps will turn high beam off , it sometimes gets annoying as it triggers on the motorway as well, and you don't know sometimes if your blinding the drivers on the opposite lanes

Hi, thanks for the replies. Mine hasn't got the auto main beam feature. The plot thickens, I've tried high beam with the lights on manual, blue light comes up on dash but no main beam, I've also tried it with the ignition off, something in the car beeps and the lights come on and stay on rather than as if you were flashing them, pull on the stalk again and they go off!.

With ignition off , this is Walk home feature , where lights stay on for about 30 seconds. You might need to speak to Ford , my high beam works when pulling the stalk to Flash

I've checked mine in the dark and it all works as expected. I can hear a click as the main beam comes on, presumably a relay somewhere but that might help you track down what's happening.

Also whilst we have a group of titanium owners together, anyone got the Traffic Sign Recognition? I'm having some strange experiences with mine - 60/70 mph signs are displayed for only 4 seconds and sometimes when I turn at a junction having just passed a 30 sign the displayed sign clears although it hasn't been on for the usual distance and I'm still in a 30 limit.

I've checked mine in the dark and it all works as expected. I can hear a click as the main beam comes on, presumably a relay somewhere but that might help you track down what's happening.

Also whilst we have a group of titanium owners together, anyone got the Traffic Sign Recognition? I'm having some strange experiences with mine - 60/70 mph signs are displayed for only 4 seconds and sometimes when I turn at a junction having just passed a 30 sign the displayed sign clears although it hasn't been on for the usual distance and I'm still in a 30 limit.

Mine also has thrown up some strange signs , even a 90MPH sign , i have not noticed the duration of the 60/70 i will look next time. As its just a display feature i'm not to worried , if the feature was tied into something else i might be worried.

Thanks, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know.

My problem is that when I did my test drive the car had Sony sat nav and used sat nav data to show the speed limit of the road on the sat nav map, I though this would be very useful so I ordered the sat nav and also the Driver Assistance Pack which contains the Traffic Sign Recognition.

Showing the speed limit on the sat nav map from sat nav data is a menu option, although I'm not clear why anybody wouldn't want it. As you say the traffic sign display is only a display but unknown to me, and apparently the dealer, when the Traffic Sign Recognition option is installed the option to show the road speed limit on the sat nav screen from sat nav data is removed by Ford. As you will have seen the Traffic Sign display is transient but from what I can see the sign is never displayed for more than 0.7 miles after it was recognized so in terms of speed limit information overall I'm left with less functionality than a cheap tomtom!

Thats a bit mean of Ford to remove it from the Nav screen if you have the assist pack.

i'm not sure if the warning still flashes up after the Sign turns grey or dissappears , i have not really taken much notice TBH , i never have it set on the Sign page in the menu , i always have it set on Trip computer so only the small signs appear.

I will of course check if there is any difference.

It gets worse - you've reminded me about the warning for going over the sped limit - I have mine set to +5mph, tried it tonight 55-60 on a 50mph open road and got nothing. Does the sign flash or something, the manual doesn't seem to specify what happens?

Thanks

Ian

• 3 months later...

I have Titanium X 62 plate. My main beam activates when I use stalk for temporary flash and permanent use (on Auto Lamps). Suggest you talk with dealer.

• 2 months later...

I've got a new Titanium 1.0 125

I had an ageing ST before. The ST did everything brilliantly. The auto lights worked 100%.

My 'new' 2013 focus appears to keep the headlights on all of the time.

I take it that the light sensor is the lump on top of the dash forward of the centre console screen?

Has anyone had problems with the auto lights being on even when it's a bright day.

I really miss my xenon headlights. :( Has anyone retro fitted these?

I think the lights sensor is one of the 'lumps' behind the rear view mirror. My auto lights seems to work OK but they do come on earlier than they used to on my 2008 Focus so I guess in this weather they may appear to be on all the time.

I agree about the xenon lights. I had them on my previous focus and missed them. Rather than go for a retro fit (too expsensive and apparently not compatible with the Ford warranty) I had some Philips x-treme vision bulds fitted by my dealer and I think they are very good.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club