Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how long ? ? ? ?

scottyboy

Right. I went to the dealership last night with my other half AND my dad :lol:

My salesman wasnt in and nor was the manager. So i spoke to another guy, another salesman. He tapped away on his computer and then told me that the car would be ready on Monday! (What?) i said that someone else had told me over the phone only today that the car wouldnt be ready until the 27th April! he didnt have an explaination for this.

I then asked why they had registered my car (as i have the log book) if it was not ready to collect yet. he told me that this was because the prices went up on april 1st and they needed me to have the lower price, so registered is in march - fair enough.

Then i told him that because of that, i have lost 2 weeks on my road tax. he proceeded to argue with me that they hadnt and nothing was wrong. then after my persistance, he agreed that i had "only lost 2 weeks" and yes, i know, its only 2 weeks, but that is not the point is it? so i told him i wanted the money back for the money i had lost.

Then i went on and complained about the non exsistant customer service i had received and he just apologised on behalf of my salesman for it. i said that i was fed up of doing his job for him in the sence of chasing for information about what was happening with the car. I also said that after i had paid my deposit, they did not want anything to do with me and i had been treated really badly. Its not my problem that there has been strikes at the factorys. if they had given me a call a month ago telling me that, i might have been a little happier. but they could even call me to keep me updated!

He then told me that he would get my salesman to give me a call tomorrow (today) to explain what was happening with the car.

So thats what im doing. Waiting for the call. im ment to be going up there tonight to sign the paperwork, but im not puting my name on anything until i have the keys in my hand. We did feel better talking to someone face to face.

My advise to all you waiting for your cars? KEEP CHASING!!!! dont give these salesman an easy ride!

oh, and sorry for the essay!!

Good on you Lucy. Making these people squirm is the only way to activate them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucy21

• Jonny87

• shabazmo

• jma78b

I then asked why they had registered my car (as i have the log book) if it was not ready to collect yet. he told me that this was because the prices went up on april 1st and they needed me to have the lower price, so registered is in march - fair enough.

As a generalisation after years of buying cars i find you should not trust car salesmen, there are liars, dam liars and car salesmen, sign the dotted line and you are history, they are just after their next sale. Apologies to the good salesmen out there, must be some, but as i said just a generalistion.

As for the quote above, as far as I'm aware you only had to order a car before the April price rise to guarantee the lower price, not actually register it, they were just after their bonus for the month......

I didn't pay a deposit and I was never asked too. My dealer did keep in contact with me and I suppose it's not ultimately their fault my car was sent to the wrong country.

John - I'd get chasing. Not providing with a delivery date at this stage is very poor.

Then i told him that because of that, i have lost 2 weeks on my road tax. he proceeded to argue with me that they hadnt and nothing was wrong. then after my persistance, he agreed that i had "only lost 2 weeks" and yes, i know, its only 2 weeks, but that is not the point is it? so i told him i wanted the money back for the money i had lost.

I think you really have lost a full month on your road tax because it will in effect have been taxed from march 1st ie you will need to renew at the end of February next year. If you do get it Monday, and they hadn't already taxed it, you would renew at the end of March next year.

It really is done so that their targets are met - my dealer has done the same, but at least they told me it was to meet quotas.

So I ordered my Titanium on 28th March, and the dealer still hasn't got back to me with a build date or anything. What should I do?

lol, mine was 6th March. Spoke today, it had been esculated and they got back to me saying ford say there are no problems, mine is just in a que with other peoples waiting for a build date to be confirmed.

Presume your's is the same... if not 3 weeks behind ;)

My salesman wasnt in and nor was the manager. So i spoke to another guy, another salesman. He tapped away on his computer and then told me that the car would be ready on Monday! (What?) i said that someone else had told me over the phone only today that the car wouldnt be ready until the 27th April! he didnt have an explaination for this.

Then i went on and complained about the non exsistant customer service i had received and he just apologised on behalf of my salesman for it. i said that i was fed up of doing his job for him in the sence of chasing for information about what was happening with the car. I also said that after i had paid my deposit, they did not want anything to do with me and i had been treated really badly. Its not my problem that there has been strikes at the factorys. if they had given me a call a month ago telling me that, i might have been a little happier. but they could even call me to keep me updated!

He then told me that he would get my salesman to give me a call tomorrow (today) to explain what was happening with the car.

So thats what im doing. Waiting for the call. im ment to be going up there tonight to sign the paperwork, but im not puting my name on anything until i have the keys in my hand. We did feel better talking to someone face to face.

My advise to all you waiting for your cars? KEEP CHASING!!!! dont give these salesman an easy ride!

well at least you feel better. Took 3 phone calls today to actually speak to someone. I was fine/pleasent on phone. Just wanted an update, query why my car still has not build date when others seem to have.

He said from message of my previous phone call he has chased, it has been put on a priority build but It has been exceptionally long for a build date and should get one within the week (as said each week last 3 weeks).

There are no issues, just in a que waiting to be allocated a build date. Though as of all the extra's ive got it thats likely the reason for the delay.

So will wait a week and if hear nothing chase again. *sigh*.

Even though not a result, actually chattin to someone about it makes me feel better/looked after. why cant these dealerships see that?

So I ordered my Titanium on 28th March, and the dealer still hasn't got back to me with a build date or anything. What should I do?

Jar, I can't believe you haven't chased them up yet, do it, do it, do it :lol:

WOW my salesmans actually returned my call!! i nearly pasted out when i heard his voice on the phone! :o

His excuse now is that there is a problem with the heated windscreen. But it will be replaced on monday so i can pick it up then. Im going to take half day off work and go down there in the afternoon and pick it up. He then said if something else goes wrong, they will give me a courtesy car.

Im so fed up now, i dont think im even going to try for anything for free. a month ago i was so excited about picking up my new car, but now im drained of energy everytime i talk about it! :angry: HE has ruined my new car experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope my lovely new car is worth all this hassle!

x

WOW my salesmans actually returned my call!! i nearly pasted out when i heard his voice on the phone! :o

His excuse now is that there is a problem with the heated windscreen. But it will be replaced on monday so i can pick it up then. Im going to take half day off work and go down there in the afternoon and pick it up. He then said if something else goes wrong, they will give me a courtesy car.

Im so fed up now, i dont think im even going to try for anything for free. a month ago i was so excited about picking up my new car, but now im drained of energy everytime i talk about it! :angry: HE has ruined my new car experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Awwww poor you, once you pick it up the hassle will melt away.

When you see your gorgeous shiny new car winking at you in the sunlight, chrome gleaming, music blearing, interior all clean and smelling fresh, you will forgive it for taking it so long to get ready.

Remember as women, we know how much effort it takes to look this good ;)

x

Got a phone call from my dealer to say that the car arrived today and will be ready for my collection on sunday 19th. Just as promised and 2 days ahead of schedule. Seems like Lucy's and my car was built on the same day and on the same delivery truck.

When you see your gorgeous shiny new car winking at you in the sunlight, chrome gleaming, music blearing, interior all clean and smelling fresh, you will forgive it for taking it so long to get ready.

Remember as women, we know how much effort it takes to look this good ;)

"KEITH, my car's dirty"

That's all the effort my wife puts in. ;)

Got a phone call from my dealer to say that the car arrived today and will be ready for my collection on sunday 19th. Just as promised and 2 days ahead of schedule. Seems like Lucy's and my car was built on the same day and on the same delivery truck.

Ooooo maybe your right. Hopefully yours hasnt got anything wrong with it like mine!

x

Ooooo maybe your right. Hopefully yours hasnt got anything wrong with it like mine!

x

Meh, at least you have cars that can get dirty :P

Meh, im not bothered anymore, like lucy been worrying and loosing energy and fed up of stupid reasons/excuses and actually nothing changes. Its fine anyway, ive got about 2000miles worth of travelling to do this month, at least going on my part ex car and not my new'un!!

They cant say anything if they take so long to get my new one eh?! :P

So thats what im doing. Waiting for the call. im ment to be going up there tonight to sign the paperwork, but im not puting my name on anything until i have the keys in my hand. We did feel better talking to someone face to face. your car to makesure it's OK

So, a result of sorts at last--here's another tip for you:

Check and double check your car to make sure it's OK.

Insist on a cash discount for all your trouble--that's the least they can do.

Only when you are happy with everything should you sign any paperwork--remember that once you have signed that will be it--a done deal with no going back and they have already proved that your custom doesn't matter one iota to them.

If we were to have a hall of shame on this forum, I think your dealer would rank quite highly...................... :rolleyes:

I rang back today and the dealer wasn't in. However another man checked the system and said there was still no date, only that it would be built in May sometime.

I'm worrying that my dealer doesn't love me anymore. I handed over £500 cash as a deposit and signed to say I was confirming to the order - I presume your all going on about not signning acceptance of the car until it arrives right?

Also I was put through to the parts department who didn't know anything about the Y cable... I even told them the part number but they still seemed perplexed by it all. Idiots.

I want a delivery date!

John - say you will be considering cancelling your order if they dont get your act together.

Might quick them into shape.

I rang back today and the dealer wasn't in. However another man checked the system and said there was still no date, only that it would be built in May sometime.

I'm worrying that my dealer doesn't love me anymore. I handed over £500 cash as a deposit and signed to say I was confirming to the order - I presume your all going on about not signning acceptance of the car until it arrives right?

Also I was put through to the parts department who didn't know anything about the Y cable... I even told them the part number but they still seemed perplexed by it all. Idiots.

I want a delivery date!

Stop panicking. Your dealer is the same as mine, and my car is at the dealers and I am collecting it 2 days early. Focus on your exams. You will look back in 6 months time and wonder what all the fuss is about

"KEITH, my car's dirty"

That's all the effort my wife puts in. ;)

:lol::lol:

• 8 months later...

I was told they are factory built in order of colour...I could have had a Hot Magenta one 2 days earlier if I hadn't have picked the Vision Blue.

Out of everyone I know, I haven't met anyones who was built in Valencia like mine. Anyone on here?

[/qu

Yea mine is from valencia, currently waiting for it as it is being stored in liverpool, delayed by the bad weather.

Hi

My car was ordered from the vehicle holding centre on the 23rd of december. I the week after i was called in to sign the finance documents. After i signed the documets i was asked to ring for insure for the 7 days free insurance.

The reason for this is that the vehicle supposedly had to be taxed before the end of the month.

So basicly i still havent had my car and i will have lost a months tax by the time it arrives and i wont have any insurance apart from my own insurance.

So i wont have benefited from the weeks free insurance.

My car was being held in a holding centre in belgium.

It has been stuck in southampton for nearly two weeks.

There is no way for customers to track there orders you have to ring the dealer every time.

So to sum it up.

I have a fully taxed and registered 1.4 fiesta titanium in vision blue with bluettooth and usb that i cannot drive

Jamie

Hi

My car was ordered from the vehicle holding centre on the 23rd of december. I the week after i was called in to sign the finance documents. After i signed the documets i was asked to ring for insure for the 7 days free insurance.

The reason for this is that the vehicle supposedly had to be taxed before the end of the month.

So basicly i still havent had my car and i will have lost a months tax by the time it arrives and i wont have any insurance apart from my own insurance.

So i wont have benefited from the weeks free insurance.

My car was being held in a holding centre in belgium.

It has been stuck in southampton for nearly two weeks.

There is no way for customers to track there orders you have to ring the dealer every time.

So to sum it up.

I have a fully taxed and registered 1.4 fiesta titanium in vision blue with bluettooth and usb that i cannot drive

Jamie

Your dealer probably didnt have a choice due to the VAT increase. If you had signed the finance in the new year you would probably have had to either pay the increased VAT rate or you dealer would have had to take the hit. Thats my guess anyway. Could be worth having a chat with your dealer to see what you can do about though, the tax and insurance that you lost out on is probably worth about £20 and the month of your own insurance that you have lost maybe £30-£40. Maybe you can haggle some free accessory out of them if they're in a good mood...