• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigjock

• WelshAde

• rocky1722

• irononreverse

cool, after Xmas, getting me LEDS, the inetrior light does suck compared to the standard basic simple fiestas WITH the extra map lights.

uh oh....look out...rant coming up....

Pees me off having the ZS but not having simple things as standard, they now do but originally the heated front screen wasnt standard, the pouch behind the drivers seat doesnt exist in the ZS, neither does the two map lights OR the ambient lighting which personally is cooler and more sporty in the ZS than some cheaper Zetec/Stlye+!! Also, they don't do anything more with the TDci engine...so you get exact same power in the Titanium....or a Fusion!! Why not make it the 110ps/108bhp as standard, only a piece of ruddy software. The only thing that appears to be ONLY available with the ZetecS is a badge and seats. The suspension kit comes on the econetic, so that even aint exclusive to the ZS!!

Its annoying coz in my opinion they have made the best fiesta yet, looks amazing, inside and out and handles amazingly well...but its all those little bits!!!

ahhhh rant over...mmm...migrane going away a little :)

I agree the Zetec S should have more toys as standard, considering its price! At least side skirts, the heated windscreen and alloy pedals are now standard, all these options I paid for when I bought the car a year ago, £170+ for the skirts, 100ish for the heated screen and 50 for the pedals! The Zetec has more gadgets over the Zetec S, which I find shocking! And I'm guessing the only reason they put the 88bhp TDCi in the Zetec S is so that the average figures for the fiesta look good i.e the low emissions, high fuel economy and low insurance grouping etc. Either that or they're just lazy :D But the engine is easily capable, its the same engine as the 207 HDi GT and Mini Cooper D right? Both of them have 110bhp :unsure:

Arn't you getting your TDCi remapped? Be interesting to see the difference in performance :D

I agree the Zetec S should have more toys as standard, considering its price! At least side skirts, the heated windscreen and alloy pedals are now standard, all these options I paid for when I bought the car a year ago, £170+ for the skirts, 100ish for the heated screen and 50 for the pedals! The Zetec has more gadgets over the Zetec S, which I find shocking! And I'm guessing the only reason they put the 88bhp TDCi in the Zetec S is so that the average figures for the fiesta look good i.e the low emissions, high fuel economy and low insurance grouping etc. Either that or they're just lazy :D But the engine is easily capable, its the same engine as the 207 HDi GT and Mini Cooper D right? Both of them have 110bhp :unsure:

Arn't you getting your TDCi remapped? Be interesting to see the difference in performance :D

yeah, your right on the engine...its a french lump!!

Will look at remap in spring, let engine bed in first.

The Zetec S is another 400quid now tho, so they aint losing out! :lol:

yeah, your right on the engine...its a french lump!!

Will look at remap in spring, let engine bed in first.

The Zetec S is another 400quid now tho, so they aint losing out! :lol:

Engine isn't as French as you might think - it's made by Ford in Dagenham ;) Peugeot do use it in some of their models though :)

As for the 110PS version, as fitted to the Focus TDCi, that has a bigger twin scroll turbo as well as the obviously different engine map. But a simple remap on the Fiesta 90PS TDCi should see >110PS, easily. Just a matter of paying for it, and the fact that it will invalidate warranty, unless you can get a Bluefin or Dreamscience map in a handheld re-flash unit which allows quick and easy removal :( (fingers crossed these come onto the market in the new year, cos i'd buy one!)

Its french all over buddy....why do you think when its in the Fords it has no engine cover?!?! Just four lil holes where the Pug and Citroen covers and badges should go.

Look at the oil cap...its french, the wiring, the whole engine look and design, its all been developed by French, the Pug/Citroen used them well before Ford got on the wagon!!

Regarding Bluefin/Dreamscience....already spoken to them...needs a first victim/customer to go to them for them to develop a handset! :)

Just ordered some new bulbs for mine, can't stand the creamy colour of the lights I think they are terrible at night. Will post pics when they arrive and I get time (and some form of nice weather) to fit them ^_^

Rookie question I know, but have never changed headlights before, and was trying to follow the instructions in the manual to replace lights with my philips blue visions, but I cannot work out how to get the headlight off! Any quick tips?

Rookie question I know, but have never changed headlights before, and was trying to follow the instructions in the manual to replace lights with my philips blue visions, but I cannot work out how to get the headlight off! Any quick tips?

just remove the screws and the plastic plug then the power clip, you have to pull with a kinda twist just keep trying to pull in various ways and it will pop out. you may have to try and pull the bumper a little, the more you remve it the easier it gets.

Yer the manual is sh*t! Underneath the light is a big clamp sort of clip that holds it in, you have to pull up from this..... dosen't feel nice feels like your gonna break it but once it pops out you can see properly what was holding it then its easier

Can any body tell me where to get a good quality HID Kit for the car? i dont want any tacky blue lights, just high quality pure white light. Cheers, also merry christmas :D

Thanks for tips guys, was top screw that was giving me probs, had to reach under and do a little pulling about let the clip thing out ^^

Philips blue visions now installed, nice crisp white light :P

Thanks for tips guys, was top screw that was giving me probs, had to reach under and do a little pulling about let the clip thing out ^^

Philips blue visions now installed, nice crisp white light :P

Do the fogs while the headlight is out{H11 blue zenon} ,makes it much easier. ;)

How do u remove the mirror caps i cant remove them ?

There is I think three clips and you have to press at either side of it and it pops off :)

There's a sh*t description in the manual

• 2 weeks later...
Done the front headlights as well now.

Detango'd front indicator bulbs with Philips Silvervision PY21W Offset pin bulbs.

Before

DSC03886.jpg

After

DSC03887.jpg

Philips Bluevision W5W sidelight bulbs fitted.

Original bulb on the left and Philips Bluevision fitted on the right. (Quite hard to see the difference on the pics but in real life the Philips ones are definately a whiter light compared to the yellow of the original bulbs)

DSC03882.jpg

Original bulb

DSC03883.jpg

Philips Bluevision W5W bulb

DSC03884.jpg

All done.

DSC03890.jpg

DSC03891.jpg

I have tried taking the headlight unit out but something seems to be stopping it coming out, is it any thing to do with this white clip, and where is it, all three screws are out and light socket i dont want to force it just incase something snaps

I have tried taking the headlight unit out but something seems to be stopping it coming out, is it any thing to do with this white clip, and where is it, all three screws are out and light socket i dont want to force it just incase something snaps

If you have taken all of the screws out then it will only be the clip holding it in, the clip is far more likely to snap in these sub zero conditions

mine snapped, no big problem the screws are more than sufficient on there own. don't really see the need for the plastic plug things anyway.

Done the front headlights as well now.

Detango'd front indicator bulbs with Philips Silvervision PY21W Offset pin bulbs.

Before

DSC03886.jpg

After

DSC03887.jpg

Philips Bluevision W5W sidelight bulbs fitted.

Original bulb on the left and Philips Bluevision fitted on the right. (Quite hard to see the difference on the pics but in real life the Philips ones are definately a whiter light compared to the yellow of the original bulbs)

DSC03882.jpg

Original bulb

DSC03883.jpg

Philips Bluevision W5W bulb

DSC03884.jpg

All done.

DSC03890.jpg

DSC03891.jpg

I just need to know if the 3 screws and elec plug is only thing to do before release of headlight, does the white clip have anything to do, or does it just clip in when returned to base

I just need to know if the 3 screws and elec plug is only thing to do before release of headlight, does the white clip have anything to do, or does it just clip in when returned to base

The white clip remains in the body .just tug light straight up and it should release.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club