Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new bulbs fitted to my Mk7

rocky1722

Daft question but how do you get the interior light fitting to clip over the small plate above it?

Sorry Nazblue, but I'm not exactly sure what you're meaning. :unsure:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigjock

• WelshAde

• rocky1722

• irononreverse

Sorry Nazblue, but I'm not exactly sure what you're meaning. :unsure:

I've got the Edge 1.25 which has the single interior bulb. You remove the whole lamp unit by pulling the edge nearest the windscreen down and then it all drops out. It has a couple of plastic clips on the front edge and three locating clips on the back edge.Inside the roof lining there's a rectangular plate which is loose. On refitting I got as far as getting the locating clips over the edge of the metal plate but when you push up the front edge to clip the whole thing in all it does is push the plate up. Sorry that's a bit long winded I'll take some photos tomorrow. Makes you wonder why they have all theses different fittings for what is basically the same car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got the Edge 1.25 which has the single interior bulb. You remove the whole lamp unit by pulling the edge nearest the windscreen down and then it all drops out. It has a couple of plastic clips on the front edge and three locating clips on the back edge.Inside the roof lining there's a rectangular plate which is loose. On refitting I got as far as getting the locating clips over the edge of the metal plate but when you push up the front edge to clip the whole thing in all it does is push the plate up. Sorry that's a bit long winded I'll take some photos tomorrow. Makes you wonder why they have all theses different fittings for what is basically the same car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just had a look at mine and the large rectangular plastic roof mounted facia is solid. Looks like the 2 torx headed screws to the left and right would be all that holds it on. :huh:

DSC05045.jpg

Stephen

Just had a look at mine and the large rectangular plastic roof mounted facia is solid. Looks like the 2 torx headed screws to the left and right would be all that holds it on. :huh:

DSC05045.jpg

Stephen

AAAH!....Yet another variation....Following are four pictures of mine....

Fiesta002.jpg

Fiesta003.jpg

Fiesta005.jpg

Fiesta006.jpg

The first two show the locating tabs, The third is the loose late which fits inside the hole in the fourth picture. I can fit the three locating tabs over the late but when you push up the two tabs that lock it in place all it does is push the plate up. I wondered if Ford have a magic tool that holds down the plate while the light unit is pushed in place.

Oh and I hope I'm using the right code to insert images.

today i've changed all my front bulbs de tangoed ,led side light, and ultra bright main and dipped...

Can somone give me a list of links for bulbs to buy for the number plate rear LEDs, front side lights and (dipped), and main lights?

Went threw the thread but previous links, linking to eBay sales are now no longer working, if anyone has links to a shop just?

Can somone give me a list of links for bulbs to buy for the number plate rear LEDs, front side lights and (dipped), and main lights?

Went threw the thread but previous links, linking to ebay sales are now no longer working, if anyone has links to a shop just?

My recommendations

SideLights

Number Plates

Main beam

Many thanks.....expecting the call to come any day now but the head lights and number plate seem very easy to do...I assume putting the actual bulbs in the headlights is a simple case of pull out a push in..dont have to worry about alignment or anything?

Umm what fitting do I go for in the main bulb? H1, H4 or H7?

Went for the H7's as these were mentioned being fitted in the thread earlier by BigJock, so hope ive read it right!

Anyone looking for new sidelights, or LED Bulbs in general i would strongly reccommend eBay seller jpwarden2002

Ive bought a good few bulbs from him and know others that have, and they are perfect, and cheaper than the ford parts link a few posts above. All manny of shapes, sizes and types.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/warden_jp2002/

For the record, I am not JPWarden and i dont know him personnally, i just know him from buying bulbs.

Thanks

When I get my Fez Im going for:

Dipped Beam H7 Phillips Diamondvision(I know there not legal)

Main/Full Beam H1 Phillips Xtreme Power

Sidelights- jpwarden2002, not sure if il buy some more or if il steal them from my mk6 fez, going to see how much space is in the sidelight slot in the mk7 headlights, I mite buy sidelights with more LED's In.

Numberplate + Interior lights- jpwarden2002 again- if i get them.

Il get around to detangoing at some point also.

Jay

Here's some pics of my new bulbs

cheap LED Bulbs off eBay (dont emit that much light but it gives the car a distinctive look)

4424693345_d4713e9e0d.jpg

for my diped beam i have some: H7 6000k HID link to site

really easy to install, i opted for the CAN BUS version £10 more expensive. this is what they look like:

4424693217_e340f0ed7b.jpg

4425458792_87d4b9db0c.jpg

and for main beam i have some RING Xenon Max H1 bulbs :)link to the bulbs

i would strongly reccommend ebay seller jpwarden2002

Ive bought a good few bulbs from him and know others that have, and they are perfect, and cheaper than the ford parts link a few posts above. All manny of shapes, sizes and types.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/warden_jp2002/

As Jay says, I too would highly recommend jpwarden2002, all my LED Bulbs have been from him. Excellent service and prices. :D

Can some take a quick look to see if ive ordered the right gear for the head units and rear plate for me, just reading some comments im not sure if I have all the bulbs required, and to make sure I have the right ones!

501 LED Extreme Power 1.5W 360 degree (White Pair)These have arrived today already actually!

"Osram Cool Blue"Fitting: H7

(actually the rear plate ones are just the standard LED ones so should be fine, but im lost as to how many bulds are for Side lights/ Dipped/ Main-High beam? :(

NOW UPDATED WITH FRONT AND REAR HEADLIGHTS NOW DONE

Fitted some new bulbs to my Mk7

2 pics of number plate lights before fitting new LED bulbs - creamy coloured :(

DSC03863.jpg

DSC03864.jpg

Now with a 5 x White LED bulb fitted to the drivers side number plate light - more of a crisp white, blue tinge :)

DSC03867.jpg

With both 5 x White LED bulbs fitted to both sides B)

DSC03870.jpg

Rear lights detango'd with Philips Silvervision PY21W Offset pin bulbs

Before

DSC03873.jpg

After

DSC03874.jpg

5 x White LED bulb fitted to interior light B)

DSC03878.jpg

Cheers,

Stephen.

On a similar subject, has anyone added interior lights to the rear of the car ? I am thinking of the round stick-on LED type at the moment on both door pillars to save any wiring.

Can some take a quick look to see if ive ordered the right gear for the head units and rear plate for me, just reading some comments im not sure if I have all the bulbs required, and to make sure I have the right ones!

501 LED Extreme Power 1.5W 360 degree (White Pair)These have arrived today already actually!

"Osram Cool Blue"Fitting: H7 These have arrived now

(actually the rear plate ones are just the standard LED ones so should be fine, but im lost as to how many bulds are for Side lights/ Dipped/ Main-High beam? :(

Can anyone help a little here?...only reason I bump is because I was putting in another order and wanted to know I had everything. :)

Hmm reading thru all the posts it seems I need a set of H1's then too.

After reading through all these useful posts, I am still a little unsure. Do you really have to remove the tail light cluster to change a bulb ? If so this is quite bad design and the first car I have had in which it was necessary.

After reading through all these useful posts, I am still a little unsure. Do you really have to remove the tail light cluster to change a bulb ? If so this is quite bad design and the first car I have had in which it was necessary.

Yes I'm afraid you do have to remove the rear light cluster to change a bulb. :( It's quite easy to do, not as bad as it sounds. This seems to be a common theme with car manufacturers now that light units have to be taken out to gain acces to bulbs, especially the fronts.

Seems to be another way for garages to get our money as the majority of people will probably put a car into a garage or dealer to have a bulb changed now and be charged a fortune for it. :angry:

Ive had a problem here guys, the LED Bulbs for the rear plate

http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/category-265/rear-number-plate-leds.html

I have the Titanium (Mk7) tonight when I went to fit them in the housing clocked out ok, but the fitting is totally different to the led ones, its a small slot in bulb I have in mine with one connection from the side, anyone any ideas please?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to remove the rear number plate housings to install led's

but was afraid that some of the surround was about to snap.

what's the safe way to remove?

To get the number plate bulbs out I used a long thin nail (covered it with some masking tape to protect any paintwork) and pushed it into the gap to the right of the bulb holder. If you look through the small gap you should see a silver bit of metal.

All you have to do is with the nail push gently towards the left and this should release the metal spring tab away. Gently pull the bulb holder away from the car, pull out the old bulb and refit with new bulb.

Hope this helps.

To get the number plate bulbs out I used a long thin nail (covered it with some masking tape to protect any paintwork) and pushed it into the gap to the right of the bulb holder. If you look through the small gap you should see a silver bit of metal.

All you have to do is with the nail push gently towards the left and this should release the metal spring tab away. Gently pull the bulb holder away from the car, pull out the old bulb and refit with new bulb.

Hope this helps.

Thank's matey i'll nail it on sunday!

help on the number plate led's desperately needed.

my car is in pieces, i've took all the boot trim (on the hood) off

undid 6 10mm bolts to release the exterior trim but this does not free it completely, something is holding it back

i would check how in my handbook but the nobs at dagenham have gven me a mk6.5 handbook... only just found out

Hope this helps.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i undid everything :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i undid everything :(

Whoops :o sounds like you've went a bit too far there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club