Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Build

Wheels93

I've got a powertec SL1 to go on. Not had chance to pay some real attention to under the bonnet and want to do it properly. I want to completely remove the box and ensure I've got Max airflow to filter. Found the SL1 had Max induction noise so that was my choice.

• Like 2

Cheap win tonight. Fitted some mist yets onto the focus :) cost me £25 off a fellow member on another forum. Work like a dream and love the spray!!

• Like 3

liking the zs front and rear add ons on the bumpers

• Like 1

Do the mist jets spray in the right place? The standard jets are pretty poor but I've read the mist onesdon't fire high enough on these?

• Like 1

Do the mist jets spray in the right place? The standard jets are pretty poor but I've read the mist onesdon't fire high enough on these?

I had the problem where it wasn't really a mist on my other mk6.. it just squirted the lower half of the screen. I increased the tubing width by 2mm and all was solved :) covers the windscreen in less than 2 secs

• Like 1

They do fire quite high. Whether they fire across the whole window screen I can't be certain but the wipers carry the water around too unsure how I can get a picture of the range

• Like 1

Been out and removed the wipers to try and show you the range before they catch the water.

post-54271-142995825251_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been a month since I've done anything .. Jesus .. Well I made good use of my bank holiday folks and fitted my zetec s side skirts so it now has the full kit on and is looking pretty swarve (I know im bias hehe)

Now the kits all fitted I am looking at getting some mud flaps on and a custom exhaust by the time ford fair comes along. As long as the better half releases my funds :P

Thinking about doing some detailing this weekend to get it back to the standard it should be. Unfortunately going to have to be gentle with the front. For those that don't know. I've had to have the front resprayed again as the paint started to flake. Apparently the previous bumper owner used poor paint when they coated it. My point to the bodyshop was it should have been rubbed down to nothing and then primed and painted. Needless to say I got it done for free ;)

• Like 3

Not updated here in a while. I have purchased myself some zetec s side skirts and a twin pipe exhaust that will hopefully be going on soon. Today I got the motor back after finally having my Zetec S kit on. Attached are some snaps. Hope you all like it :)

Looks excellent mate,

A clear fog light unit from a LHD focus would set the rear off nicely and when spraying the front grills you should do the rear wiper aswell; helps it blend in withthe window tint.

Ill take note of the rear wiper ;) would you suggest gloss or darker black?

I keep looking for a LHD fog but want to find one ideally with a red bulb. I don't want to do a dual reverse mod really as the car is in brilliant nick at the moment and I don't want to start Frankensteining anything lol.

• Like 1

Ill take note of the rear wiper ;) would you suggest gloss or darker black?

I keep looking for a LHD fog but want to find one ideally with a red bulb. I don't want to do a dual reverse mod really as the car is in brilliant nick at the moment and I don't want to start Frankensteining anything lol.

I've sprayed mine with holts Acrylic gloss black paint,

Had my grils done by body shop in what they called high gloss Taxi black,

You can purchase a cree red fog light bulb to fit the fog unit,

Its your car and choice mate the modification looks completely factory if time is taken, I don't feel I've Frankensteind mine in any way lol

Its more the cables under the bumper that I don't want to look untidy. I know you never see them lol but still. If I had the time to do it properly I would as I know I'd be anal about getting them trunked properly and ensuring that it looks tidy and OEM.

I'll take a look at those paints though. My fogs are in definite need of paint as they look so dated compared to the rest of the grills so might do it then.

Here's a photo of the motor now with the skirts on. Forgot to attach before.

post-54271-143288710663_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So tonight I did I cheap £4 in total mod that is completely removable if I don't like it.

I have introduced blue LED strips for front and rear foot wells through the use of 2 W5W adapters, 4 LED strips and loose cabelling I had in the garage.

What does everyone think?

All the cabelling is tucked under the dash and the strips for the rear are attached to the underneath of the seats. Cables have been tucked into the seat trim so they aren't visible or an obstacle for the runners.

post-54271-143388546086_thumb.jpg

post-54271-143388547085_thumb.jpg

post-54271-143388548032_thumb.jpg

post-54271-143388549006_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That looks awesome.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

That looks awesome.

Cheers buddy. Hardest bit was getting the cables tucked into the front seating so that they wouldn't be visible. I have got enough give to adjust the seating too :)

• Like 2

So tonight I did I cheap £4 in total mod that is completely removable if I don't like it.

I have introduced blue LED strips for front and rear foot wells through the use of 2 W5W adapters, 4 LED strips and loose cabelling I had in the garage.

What does everyone think?

All the cabelling is tucked under the dash and the strips for the rear are attached to the underneath of the seats. Cables have been tucked into the seat trim so they aren't visible or an obstacle for the runners.

Looks sweet mate,

Ive done similar in mine with red leds,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/page__fromsearch__1

Have you considerd fitting some ford logo puddle lights?

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46244-guide-fitting-ford-projector-puddle-lights-mk2-mk25-focus-05-12-front-doors/

• Like 1

How difficult are they to fit?

I'm not to keen on drilling panels and doing things that are irreversible or expensive to put right. You got the link bud? Doesn't seem to have come through.

• Like 1

How difficult are they to fit?

I'm not to keen on drilling panels and doing things that are irreversible or expensive to put right. You got the link bud? Doesn't seem to have come through.

Ive edit the post to include links there mate,

The install involves removing panels and windows in order to route in the power cables from the footwells,

Some drilling of rubber grommets is required,

However there is a new 5th generation of these puddle lights that are battery powered and don't involve any wiring,

Just fit unit to door and a magnet pad to the body,

Switches on when it loses contact with the magnet.

Bird bath illumination is also a nice mod,

Get a 3 led strip,

Remove the panel from rear of the arm rest centre console,

Drill 3 corresponding holes in top of "bird bath"pocket to allow light shine through and splice power in to interior lighting see here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28100-guide-to-fitting-smd-leds-to-cup-holder/?p=177171

Gives a nice constant ambient illumination at night while the footwells then fade on and off with doors, the centre stays constant.

• Like 2

Might take a nosey.. These are quite good cheap wins. Hopefully be able to get some of these done. The magnet ones sound good

• Like 2

Might take a nosey.. These are quite good cheap wins. Hopefully be able to get some of these done. The magnet ones sound good

Says there 10th Generation now lol

heres a link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111405718350

• Like 1

Great stuff. They look good. I like the magnet concept.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Week of big mods coming for ford fair!! Got a radio on order, which hopefully comes this weekend. Not telling which one but cost me an arm and a b100dy leg ;)

Having the seats all steamed within the week.

New overlays are on order which are carbon and chrome.

And finally alloys are being refurbed and resprayed :D

Stay tuned!!

• Like 5

Week of big mods coming for ford fair!! Got a radio on order, which hopefully comes this weekend. Not telling which one but cost me an arm and a b100dy leg ;)

Having the seats all steamed within the week.

New overlays are on order which are carbon and chrome.

And finally alloys are being refurbed and resprayed :D

Stay tuned!!

Looking forward to future updates mate :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club