Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Flip Key?

Morning guys.

Im thinking of replacing my normal box standard ford key to a nice FlipKey, noticed alot on eBay but unsure if i would trust getting one and if the signal is different to the car.

Anyone done this? Will it work?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I too am interested in this - the amount of times my key had dug into me balls is unreal!

This can be done without any problems. Both the transponder and the radio frequency of the remote control are completely the same. At the moment I have 2 Original MK2/MK2.5 folding keys programmed to my car. Even a Focus MK3 folding key is completely compatible with the Focus MK2/MK2.5.

You only have to buy a keyblade which is cut to match your car and have the transponders programmed to your car. To program the transponders to the car a suitable diagnostic system which is capable to program the Ford coded PATS system is needed (for example the Ford IDS system or the FoCom diagnostic system).

Thanks for the reply, any links to the flip keys I can get? I dont want to be con'd

I also heard that you can code the fob by yourself by turning the ignition on 4 times to stage 2 within 6 seconds and it'll set to the new key. This is in the manual. Am I correct?

From the Focus MK2 it is not possible anymore to program the transponder chip yourself. This needs to be done by a Ford dealer or someone else who has a suitable diagnostic system.

The only thing you ca program yourself is the remote control of the central locking system. This is what the procedure listed in the instruction manual is for.

One of my first mods was getting a flip key for my Mk2.

As the other lads have said, you can self program the key to operate central locking but to code the immobiliser transponder chip to the cars PATS system requires the use of an IDS system.

I recommend calling a couple of Auto Locksmiths for quotes and going from there.

I can promise that whatever they charge you can at least double the cost if you get a Ford Dealer to do the job.

If anyone in Devon or Cornwall want the contact details for the guy that did my key I can post them up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club