Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Meet

poohbear

ALSO

Do not forget, If there are any number of people traveling from the south-east (Herts, Essex, London etc etc) there is a half-baked plan to converge on South Mimms services (J1 of A1(M) / J23 of M25) prior to the main meet, for a mini meet and also for a Fiesta convoy to the main meet. Will be a simple route for everybody from there just M25 then M1. Any interest?

Would also be good for people from the area who want to go to the meet but cant make it to the main meet for whatever reasons

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• Jonny87

• dannyp

• poohbear

Do not worry about the directions, its really easy, thats main reason its the venue. Literally 1 mile from the Junction of the M1. Will be posting a map either today or tomorrow. :)

Thanks alot for that, just getting there from my house will be the problem! the original directions tried to take me on the m6 toll but i don't want to do that, so for me its basically driving to utoxeter from stafford and joining the A50 from there, driving to where the radcliffe power station is in Nottingham and then joining the M1 there :)

ALSO

Do not forget, If there are any number of people traveling from the south-east (Herts, Essex, London etc etc) there is a half-baked plan to converge on South Mimms services (J1 of A1(M) / J23 of M25) prior to the main meet, for a mini meet and also for a Fiesta convoy to the main meet. Will be a simple route for everybody from there just M25 then M1. Any interest?

Would also be good for people from the area who want to go to the meet but cant make it to the main meet for whatever reasons

That sounds good, shame i don't live down south!!

after saying all this i really, really hope i pass my test by then!!!

Thanks alot for that, just getting there from my house will be the problem! the original directions tried to take me on the m6 toll but i don't want to do that, so for me its basically driving to utoxeter from stafford and joining the A50 from there, driving to where the radcliffe power station is in Nottingham and then joining the M1 there :)

Yes mate! Thats the route that I would take if I was in Stafford also. A518-A50-M1.

That sounds good, shame i don't live down south!!

after saying all this i really, really hope i pass my test by then!!!

Is it on Tuesday your test?

Yes mate! Thats the route that I would take if I was in Stafford also. A518-A50-M1.

indeed ! i am about 3 miles away from the A518 (newport road) so it's not a problem. Where abouts you from ?

Is it on Tuesday your test?

yes my test is on tuesday :)

I'm about 15 mins North of London on the A1(M)

Dont worry about the test, when I went for my second test it was like I was an old-hand at it, just put yourself in a "lets get on with this" frame of mind and all should be good.....

I'm about 15 mins North of London on the A1(M)

Dont worry about the test, when I went for my second test it was like I was an old-hand at it, just put yourself in a "lets get on with this" frame of mind and all should be good.....

i already have to be honest, i know what i'm getting into this time and i hope to be more relaxed!!

UPDATE (now includes a map)

Location: Fosse Park (East of M1-J21, Postcode:LE19 1HY (if you have a satnav))

Date: Sunday 26th July

People prepared to attend:

Baz1991

MichaelP

Dannyp (are you still joining us mate?)

poohbear

Jonny 87

JAR897

Hedgepig (yes thats right! Mr. Hedgepigs himself!)

Ballie_3

DanGull

MAP: gallery_4579_11_24436.jpg

Still need a time... (bear in mind this is a shopping park and would be busy especially as it is a sunday. General opening hours at Fosse Park on Sundays are 11am to 5pm, so I say we meet at 0830, 0900, 1700, 1730 What do you guys think?)

Time will probably be 5pm, depending on poohbears mission today...

Come on Folks, this is open to all on the Ford Owners Club, preferably with a Fiesta, doesn't matter which Mk. feel free to attend!

Thanks for that Jonny, now i am a little bit more confident about getting there without ending up in wales :)

Fosse Park will be rammed on Sundays--it always is. :blink:

So I agree with you Jon that either 09.00am or (probably better) 17.00pm are the only times which should be in the frame.

It's a good idea of Emily's to do a trial run but I feel sorry for her as she's going to have to endure eating out and then the discomfort of having to drive back to Northampton in her brand new car! :lol:

So I agree with you Jon that either 09.00am or (probably better) 17.00pm are the only times which should be in the frame.

It's a good idea of Emily's to do a trial run but I feel sorry for her as she's going to have to endure eating out and then the discomfort of having to drive back to Northampton in her brand new car! :lol:

So you are down for 1700?

it is such a shame that she has to do that!

5.00pm seems to be the time that is most agreeable with most people.

and by then, the car park can only get quieter. I'll feel crappy not being able to go with my fiesta!!

UPDATE (now includes a map and also a Finalised Time)

Location: Fosse Park (East of M1-J21, Postcode:LE19 1HY (if you have a satnav))

Date: Sunday 26th July

Time: 17:00PM

People prepared to attend:

Baz1991

MichaelP

Dannyp (are you still joining us mate?)

poohbear

Jonny 87

JAR897

Hedgepig (yes thats right! Mr. Hedgepigs himself!)

Ballie_3

DanGull

MAP: gallery_4579_11_24436.jpg

Come on Folks, this is open to all on the Ford Owners Club, preferably with a Fiesta, doesn't matter which Mk. feel free to attend!

===============================================================================

ALSO

Ooh, I'd like to come to this!

booyeah! this is going to be gooood :D

I have driven to Fosse Park this evening as I said I would. We were there around 5pm and areas of the car park were still busy but the area by M&S was not bad and there was a big amount of space we could put our cars. Some shops don't close till 5pm but cars were mainly leaving not coming in when we were there.

McDonalds across the road too :-)

Hope it has helped me checking the venue out.

I personally think we should have one contact number for everyone incase of an emergency or something. Or incase someone can't make it suddenly etc. Maybe thats just me being a worrier. I do understand why people probably wouldn't want to give their phone numbers out though - I'm not open to the idea of giving it out to people!!

I will look at suitable places to park tonight good idea. :-)

Well maybe a contact number might be good. Anybody willing to this, maybe poohbear? Also how did you get on at the shops?

Just read back about the mini convoy meet at mimms, put me down for that too :D

You sure? I can add you to the list if you like

booyeah! this is going to be gooood :D

booyeah??

I have driven to Fosse Park this evening as I said I would. We were there around 5pm and areas of the car park were still busy but the area by M&S was not bad and there was a big amount of space we could put our cars. Some shops don't close till 5pm but cars were mainly leaving not coming in when we were there.

McDonalds across the road too :-)

Hope it has helped me checking the venue out.

Excellent poohbear, definitely helped! Also I am quite partial to a maccydeez now and again :)

macdonalds ? chips ? ohhhh right!

Thanks so much for that emily, it has been very useful. I think 5.00 will be good, as i said it can only get emptier!

with the contact number, depends who would get there first!

You sure? I can add you to the list if you like

Yes sir, add away :)

booyeah??

sorry !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club