Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Brakes Fit A Mk5?

Eddicus

Hi,

I've recently bought a mk5 fiesta, due to my mk6 being written off. I was wondering if the front discs/calipers/carriers from the mk6 would fit straight onto the mk5? As the mk5 runs 240mm and the mk6 runs 260, so I'd get a stress free brake upgrade?

Thanks

Ed

Honestly I would air on the side of caution and say no. The mk6 had things like ABS as standard and the mk5 had it only on top spec models... The brakes on a mk5 aren't all that had when they're new anyway, decent pedal feel with nice progressive action and the car has a way of telling you when you're about to lock up. But I say go for the standard parts. The mk5 isn't a big car.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

To add something else I've just realised. The Zetec-S (hot mk5) had 260mm vented discs. That could be a shot to you. My freestyle has as set of vented ones which is why I found they perform well. Especially at motorway speeds.

Now I'm not sure what car you have but this bloke is excellent. Give it a read.

http://www.mwstewart.co.uk/articles/mk5finesse/

Thanks for the reply! The 260 is the size I wanna up to, you'd recommend vented as well? I just find my brakes quite sloppy really, they don't have the bite I'm after? I know ford aren't big on changing things all that much, so I was hoping for just a straight swap? I am thinking about a puma engine conversion at some point as well, so I'd need the bigger brakes then!

Ed

Nice car in the link as well! Looks good man!

Ed

start with changing your brake fluid...

It's new fluid, did a complete service on it recently, brake fluid, coolant, gearbox oil, engine oil and filter, sparks, leads and coil pack, thought it was best to look after it!

Ed

It's new fluid, did a complete service on it recently, brake fluid, coolant, gearbox oil, engine oil and filter, sparks, leads and coil pack, thought it was best to look after it!

Ed

Sounds like you're set. Also, what model do you have? I.e Zetec. If it's a 1.3 it will have solid discs, but the more sporting models have vented discs anyway. Not sure on the size but they're vented.

Sorry, should have said! A 1.3 endura

Ed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club