Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blanking Off Egr Valve?

Tee-Dogg

Cheers for the words of guidance. I've had a word through work and they are gonna pay for a full service and address that lack of power issue ready for my mot in decemberZ hopefully ford will get it all running good again for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Standard servicing is every 12.5k go to etis. Ford. Com then registration lookup and you can generate a service schedule.

If you have the money I highly recommend before you blank the egr to get a terraclean service, remove all your plugs and this will clean everything in the engine including the egr then blank it off.

I am new to this and ain't really got a clue what the egr is and what it does:-( will this improve my mpg?!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi

What engine size have you got?

And

Is your car petrol or diesel?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All again.

This weekend I cleaned the EGR after blanking the EGR because the EML light did come on as expected.

Anyway now the light has gone off after cleaning said EGR and un-blanking. Strange said I?

The question now is,even though I have ordered a stainless blank plate,I made the first on from alloy to try it, why do they put a hole in it? is it to stop the EML light? if so surely a small hole would stop the light and stop most of the gunge? Maybe I will try working up from a 3mm hole to see what gives?

Any thoughts please.

Barrie

Hi barrie, that's the idea. The hole allows a slight passage of fumes, it reduces the flow rate and allows the eml to stay off as it can register a flow. To be honest, your best bet is to put the solid steel plate on and reap the benefits

Oh yes the plate is going on LOL Felt a lot better with it but out of sheer stubbornness I just thought????? why not.

The next step is a scanner when I get a couple of guitar repairs done! Still the EGR is clean :) slowly catchee monkey.

Barrie

Very true indeed, got your eye on sent particular scanner?

Hi, just a cheapo one, maybe an Autel maxiscan ms300 or U480. I don't know yet as our kid has a body shop within a garage set up so could get major scans done there so a cheap one just to reset codes will do.

Need to spend money on the Fazer600 so pennies are tight and just been SWIMBO's birthday ooops

Any recommendations gladly accepted.

Barrie

Can't see the pics very clearly on profiles as they are scaled.

As for the code readers, have a look at my signature click 'got an error On your car' for more details it should hopefully answer all your questions.

• Like 1

Ok will do. Thats where I first got all these ideas. problems ha ha

Cheers Barrie

• Like 1

Haha well glad to hear it was of some use. For thorough diagnostics I go with forscan and elm but for portability, bluetooth and torque are best

• Like 1

Hi James, new day. I keep trying to find bluetooth that would work with windows phone and laptop win8 so a lot of reading.

If I get anything sorted I will put it up.

Barrie

• Like 2

Yeah not come across any Windows phone software yet (I'm an android man myself).

Any recommendations you can make I will update my guide to use them as a suggestion

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well for now I just got a hand held scanner Autel Maxiscan MS300. Does what I want for now ie deletes Mil light and all for the princely sum of £2.31 + post. Well chuffed.

Will keep looking for a Windows app for my phone though.

Barrie

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club