Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Estate Boot Won't Open

SFO

The boot on my focus won't open since yesterday, I've also tried using the boot release button on the key fob but nothing works. It makes the noise you would expect when pressing the button but won't open. I did take the rubber seal off from the actual boot handle and some water came out which I assume might be part of the problem. Any ideas anyone?

switch aside, if your using the fob and its popping the boot, that would suggest its possible that the mechanism is seized, so the motor goes to release it, but never unlocks?

I found recently in hot weather my boot sticks to the rubber seals, it pops up but just takes a bit more persuasion to actually move the bootlid, have you tried a bit more vigerous opening?

Not yet but that's the plan when I get home

definately worth it, I did wonder the same, thought mine had seized up on the mondeo, but realised it was just sticky. Myght try applying some vaseline or similar to the rubber to try and prevent it bonding!

It did seem stuck like it was locked though. I'll try again later

best thing to do is watch it carefully, click it with the switch or fob, it should lift about 1-2mm . If it doesnt and you hear the click, its possible that the solanoid is seized, in which case you will have fun trying to pull back the plastics enough to spray it and lubricate it enough to release it.

Managed to fix this last night. I took the interior boot panel off and levered the lock open with a screw driver to find one of my kids loom bands stuck in there! (small elastic band for those who don't know). It's now working perfectly, just got to keep the kids away from it!

how on earth did the kids get that in through the interior panel! lol

That is a new one!

Never the less an excellent result!

It wasn't behind the panel just in the bottom part of the lock. Although they do get everywhere!

Mine has stuck a couple of times, the first time for a few days before I worked out that if you push down at the same time as holding the switch then it disengages the lock and opens. It happened again a couple of weeks ago, years after the first time and the same trick did it. It must be a design flaw, or mine is just dodgy.

so press the switch on the handle and push the bootlid down (as in closed) and it helps?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club