Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Rs

jcs95whufc

Hi All,

Does anyone have any leaked pictures of the new RS?! I cannot wait to see it, I hope they continue the previous colour ways of Green/Orange etc...

Please post any information you have on this please!!

Cheers

James

Fords FB page said its coming but nothing has been confirmed yet. I hope its lairy with 5 doors, wide arches, big rear spoiler, 400 bhp and AWD to start with.

Couple of things that aren't in any doubt - it will have 2 doors too many :rolleyes: and won't have AWD.

Reason for both of these is cost.

Couple of things that aren't in any doubt - it will have 2 doors too many :rolleyes: and won't have AWD.

really need to offer 2 door only it would cut down on weight of body shell/glass

After recently seeing the Kia proceed gt in the flesh I must admit ide dump the rs for it anyday it was gorgeous and so nice inside add to that it was way cheaper than the ford and with a 7 yr warranty if i had the cash ide have bought it.

The new rs looks too boring its like all the other focus out there a few bodywork tweeks but nothing special not like the old rs which was big bold and you knew what it was

The spec is way beyond fords offering £20,000 you get everything from stainless kick plates painted calipers recaro interior heated steering wheel and seats

On the ST forum most are adamant that it will be a 5 door....unless you KNOW something we dont!

Weight isnt the main issue as there are many 5 door cars out there...Scooby Evo Sapphire Cossie etc

5 doors is not an issue from what I've read there will not be a 2 door at all its all down to practicality and cost now ford maintain awd is unnecessary and too expensive so again it wont happen

On the ST forum most are adamant that it will be a 5 door....unless you KNOW something we dont!

Weight isnt the main issue as there are many 5 door cars out there...Scooby Evo Sapphire Cossie etc

My comment was tongue in cheek as I'm not a fan of the 5-dr body style of the mk3 Focus. Totally agree there's no way it'd be a 3-dr, as the cost of doing that purely for an RS model wouldn't work if Ford still wanted to actually make a profit.

Similar goes for running an awd system, lot more development costs, maybe a lot more unique body panels needed, and extra weight which would hurt some aspects of performance unless there was still scope to get more power out of the car.

For ford the way it works best is to make the RS distinctive while still sharing as many parts as possible with the standard models. That worked lot better with mk2 RS compared to the mk1 imho.

oops my bad Troy.

I really really want Ford to say F you to the other manufacturers and make the RS a BEAST!

oops my bad Troy.

I really really want Ford to say F you to the other manufacturers and make the RS a BEAST!

No worries at all matey :)

It's a bit of a catch 22 for Ford, a 4wd fire-breathing RS would cost a lot more to produce so they'd need to shift lots more of them to make money and most likely still sell it at a higher price. But if the price went up significantly would they still be able to sell the numbers needed?

Seems to work for VW golf, Merc, Audi RS3 etc but buyers go for a Focus RS priced well over 30K (RS500 excluded)?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club