Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk. 7-The first 6 Months

ramonford

The washing machine style headlight dial is something common place on vauxhalls, never liked em myself either - thankfully I can forget about it most of the time what with auto lights - turning the fogs on while trying to drive is made risky though...

the M button answers calls alright on my n95 but you literally just need to give it the quickest of dabs, pushing to long is recognised as a double input I think, what phone do you have?

I must try that cos my mode button usually hangs up the call - I do have a new phone now (the lovely lovely iPhone 3GS) and havent tried the m button since I got that one

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ramonford

• RIIIDAA

• irononreverse

• Bashful

I do think if you had posted as a pro's and con's rather than just the bad stuff then you'd have had less defensive replys. On that note it's nice to see so many peeps stepping forward to be protective of the mk7

Point taken, on hindsight it may have been better to take that approach in the first place.

However I have already started a new topic "Fiesta Mk7- The best features" which I intended to give members the opportunity to highlight what they considered to be the best features of the Mk 7.

It's very evident from the responses on this thread that members feel most passionate about their car and I in turn feel, in spite of my initial comments, that I have made a wise choice and would not change it.

ramonford

This is my first Ford and have just clocked up six months. Its a great wee car though think the fuel flap should lock and think that point 10...about the low profile tyres is valid...i also note how the road test reports rave about the refinement of the Fiesta. I think my car kicks up a lot of road noise through the low profile tyres on anything other than smooth tarmac.... It may be worse as mine is a 3 door as you dont have the structure of the rear doors to help shut out the noise...but i dont think its as quiet as i was led to believe.

Agree with your points, mine is a 5 door and as posted i find the road noise in the cabin excessive and far noisier than my MK6.5 fiesta, My friend has a 5 door titanium with the x pack and 17" wheels with even lower profile tyres, he tells me his is worse than mine for cabin noise.

As you were lead to believe? Did you not test drive the car before you purchased it? The amount of road noise is really quite subjective - what a motoring journalist thinks is 'not much' may be very different from yourself. Re the rear doors, I would say that your 3 door is more solid at the back, not less so.

All the road tests i read raved about how quiet the new Fiesta was. Yes i road tested the car but the weather was quite bad and the test wasnt as long as i would like but that couldnt be helped. Road noise seemed on par with my previous car (mk 1 Seat Leon ), which was quite quiet. However, I find on anything other than v smooth roads the tyres kick up a lot of roar. The 3 door should be more solid bodily than the 5 door but the extra structure of the rear doors should help with sound deadening from the rear wheel arch area......tho i havent driven a 5 door Fiesta but have noticed this on other models of cars

However, I find on anything other than v smooth roads the tyres kick up a lot of roar.

It is worth noting that tyre noise on the same profile but from a different tyre make / model can alter quite a bit (food for thought perhaps when they need replacing) what with various speed ratings / compounds etc.

Also having in the past changed sets alloys for those of a different style (aesthetics) but re-used the exact same tyres have altered the pitch / volume of road noise somewhat.

@ Basfull, irononreverse

how did you get on with the suggested M button technique?

@ Basfull, irononreverse

It didn't work. :( a really quick press doesn't register and anything longer just hangs up. Maybe it's just a quirk with my model of phone. The other button on the centre dash works fine.

@ Basfull, irononreverse

Haven't tried it yet - not been in my car for a week :(

hmm

I'll just add that for me if i make a call - the M button won't hang it up. It will work the way I described for the majority of Nokias I'll bet.

hmm

I'll just add that for me if i make a call - the M button won't hang it up. It will work the way I described for the majority of Nokias I'll bet.

Strange. Will update when my leg is a bit better and I can drive again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club