Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault Codes Aplenty! :( Advice Needed....

AsaM

Hi. Any ideas guys? Car continues to run no 'power'

It then can sort itself out and allow me to accelerate again or if it goes on too long, I have people thinking I'm nuts etc etc I turn the ignition off and on again and all is fine again. For a while.

I have pics of the dash and all the fault codes https://twitter.com/AsaMcK/status/566902942461353984?s=02

https://twitter.com/AsaMcK/status/566903065756712962?s=02

have you wiped the error codes to see what comes back?

U0121 - Electronic Brake Control Module Issue
U0001 - Generic Comms error
U0073 - Emissions control issues - Fuel and Air monitoring problems
U0140 - As 0073
U0155 - As 0073
U0131 - Lost comms with power steering control module

If I was you I wiould start by checking the fuses

I've wiped them. Waiting for it to do it again so I can see what comes up. What do I particularly need to be checking with the fuses?

Thanks for reply.

just check if any are blown on the air monitoring, fuel system, it might sound silly but its worth checking...

Where are they located?

The car just refused to start. It's always done it while driving before. I got codes U0155 & U0073.

It could be an example of charging issues. I would say clean the terminals and apply copper grease to it

I already did that. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. Before the problems started. Auto correct put the 'just' in. The blue stuff has not returned to the terminal.

Are there any other codes as this doesn't seem right to me? I think it's a wiring issue though...

sorry, think I missed this - which two codes returned?

Any lack of power, or any drop in mpg recently...?

No. Nothing like that. I'm stuck. It went on my just now and I've been stuck for 20 mins and it won't restart

Central red light on dash flashing. Warning lights and dashes only on the mileage gauge if I turn the ignition on. If I turn it off the mileage reappears. Car won't start at all. All lights and everything working

Could be a faulty instrument panel or wiring to it. I suggest you pull the cluster out and spray it with wd40 lightly, let it dry and then electrical contact cleaner it, then reseat it. Also pull all the connectors our of the fuse board and reseat them also. I would suggest disconnecting the battery before doing this...

• Like 1

I would say it's possible. If the symptoms had come earlier on the Panel it would have helped lol, but that's cars for you. I think k it's possible, but you have two options. 1)take it out and spray the rear with electrical contact cleaner (wd40 will work but it's less recommended) see if this helps

If it doesn't... You would probably need to send your cluster off for repair, it can be done for about 99 pounds, or if it's fault free they return it to you for about 40 quid but then again I haven't heard of that happening...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club