Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Wind Deflectors For Mk7

josh.smith94

32 members have voted

1. 1. best wind delfectors

• Team heko
    • Climair

It's the clips that separate the window from the deflector. The window will sit inside the clips as a pose next to the deflector if that makes sense?

Yes that makes sense, so the clips push the deflector into the edge of the window channel? So that will protect the window and secure the deflector at the same time if I understand it right. And are the clips made of plastic?

Heko clips are metal.

Here's my car with 5door heko

post-50202-142597829658_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've decided to go with the crowd and ordered a pair of Hekos from eBay :). I might not get them til next week but I'll put some photos up when they're on (if I can fit them without too much trouble). Are the instructions that come with them any good?

Can't wait to start driving everywhere with my windows open, and it's actually getting warm enough to do that :)

Fitting instructions are not that good, just a few basic diagrams printed on the polythene packaging. Watch the Heko YouTube video posted earlier on this thread this has some good fitting tips which should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

And what about insurance, did you guys tell your insurance companies that you have wind deflectors or is there no need? I can't see how they would affect insurance, unless you drift sideways into someone and they injure themselves on the deflector lol.

I've decided to go with the crowd and ordered a pair of Hekos from ebay :). I might not get them til next week but I'll put some photos up when they're on (if I can fit them without too much trouble). Are the instructions that come with them any good?

Can't wait to start driving everywhere with my windows open, and it's actually getting warm enough to do that :)

Woop!

Plus you can sneak the window open, even when it's raining to avoid the misting of windows!

Let me know how you get on, and this will be the next thing to purchase for Shiesta :rolleyes:

• Like 1

When ordering mines from eBay mines days 7days a got it next day

Not really concerned with notifying insurance it's only a minor mod, they didn't seem that bothered when I informed them of fitting my winter tyres. Might just double check my policy just in case....

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not really concerned with notifying insurance it's only a minor mod, they didn't seem that bothered when I informed them of fitting my winter tyres. Might just double check my policy just in case....

I need to renew / change my insurance in a couple weeks anyway so will mention it to them and see what they say.

I need to renew / change my insurance in a couple weeks anyway so will mention it to them and see what they say.

Ma insurance don't care to be honest lol av told them everything and its nothing added on lol

Better to be safe, than sorry. ^_^

Ma insurance don't care to be honest lol av told them everything and its nothing added on lol

Which insurer are you with? The only other mods I've done so far are changing most of the bulbs and wiring in the dashcam and didn't bother telling them about those (although I can hopefully get a discount for the dashcam). Not including the Mountune upgrade which most insurers recognise as an additional trim level.

If you've not told them about the camera and bulbs then why are you worried about the wind deflectors? They're far less of a modification than the other two.

Which insurer are you with? The only other mods I've done so far are changing most of the bulbs and wiring in the dashcam and didn't bother telling them about those (although I can hopefully get a discount for the dashcam). Not including the Mountune upgrade which most insurers recognise as an additional trim level.

Am with admiral last November a renewed my insurance and said well gonna be a load of changes and to save in the paper charge a announced them before I get them so I said I put grills on and spoiler ....does this make it more attractive a said yes he said ok then said got wind deflectors changed my bulbs put a sticker on central brake light but still works well...ok also said I will be lowering it and adding more power plus induction kit right ok ......calculating how much a increase of power by per cent anything under 15% free anything upto 25% it's £5.00 a year extra lol a said just add it in a also said about maybe changing the colour of wheels and adding body kit or styling and because he already put down sticker for light and grills spoiler and it's classed as appearance mod it's already added in

• Like 1

If you've not told them about the camera and bulbs then why are you worried about the wind deflectors? They're far less of a modification than the other two.

In my mind they are more likely to be noticed, and considering the Hekos do not have any kind of safety certification I bet insurers would jump at the chance to not pay out because of something like that. Still I'd think they would have to prove that the wind deflectors somehow contributed to an accident, which is almost impossible.

Am with admiral last November a renewed my insurance and said well gonna be a load of changes and to save in the paper charge a announced them before I get them so I said I put grills on and spoiler ....does this make it more attractive a said yes he said ok then said got wind deflectors changed my bulbs put a sticker on central brake light but still works well...ok also said I will be lowering it and adding more power plus induction kit right ok ......calculating how much a increase of power by per cent anything under 15% free anything upto 25% it's £5.00 a year extra lol a said just add it in a also said about maybe changing the colour of wheels and adding body kit or styling and because he already put down sticker for light and grills spoiler and it's classed as appearance mod it's already added in

Oh also said I was lowering it and said a don't know yet but anything upto 30mm is free

I'm waiting for Adrian Flux to get back to me! Provisionally offered £270 but only 1 mod declared [exhaust system] - 7 Yrs NCD. Have emailed them asking to add on all the mods as seen in my signature, just to get a rough idea. My policy is with Esure at the moment, renewal due in May.

Did a quick quote on comparison sites. Cheapest quote with exhaust declared was £397!!! Flux came in over £130 cheaper.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for Adrian Flux to get back to me! Provisionally offered £270 but only 1 mod declared [exhaust system] - 7 Yrs NCD. Have emailed them asking to add on all the mods as seen in my signature, just to get a rough idea. My policy is with Esure at the moment, renewal due in May.

Mines with 3yrs NCB

And also business insurance is 630 lol all mods declared last year was 740 with no mods and business insurance lol

Heko clips are metal.

climair are the same metal clips

climair are the same metal clips

I thought Climairs didn't come with clips, or are they just supplied in case you need them?

My climairs didn't come with any clips

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club