Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Wind Deflectors For Mk7

josh.smith94

32 members have voted

1. 1. best wind delfectors

• Team heko
    • Climair

At least they can be removed, but I'm going to keep mine on for at least a few more days before I decide whether to keep them.

One thing I forgot to mention, is that they are great at doing what they were designed for, which is to deflect air lol. I had the windows open a could of inches below the deflectors, and even at almost 70 I could only feel the slightest breeze on the side of my head. I think they could do with more than 2 clips though, because I noticed they seem to be a bit loose, moving noticeably when the windows open and close.

Sounds like you lost takyness of the tape that's on them did you shuffle them in and about when putting them in? Just add new double sided tape on full deflector s and they won't move mate ma mate had same problem a fixed it with doing this when you loose takynes it does make them move (nack to putting them in first time)

Don't know about the breeze as I've not experienced this on long journeys and I done one recently to Dundee and was -3 didn't feel anything again could be cause there not stuck down properly as they shouldn't move at all

• Like 1

Good idea James, do you know which kind of double sided tape would be best?

Edit: It might just be that they need to bed in for a few days or more, because the window seal is quite flexible so maybe that's why the deflectors move a little bit.

Good idea James, do you know which kind of double sided tape would be best?

I used sellotape doublesided but it's weird almost like a gel but looks likes this

post-50202-142684073593_thumb.jpg

and very sticky! Held up mines and mates and cousins well!

Here is a link to what to look for

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/sellotape-double-sided-dispenser-15-x-5/564454-1000

But what I did before I put mines on I looked for any gaps where the original tape didn't cover and added it there use a Stanley knife to cut to size then when putting in car try to do it first time or practice a little before peeling back off then do it then put Windows up and keep them up for a about a hour so glue sets a thing most people do is roll window down straight away to see how they look lol

And will last a life time I put mines on first time with it pouring down! And mines ain't budging lol

I gave Mental_Atom same advice when he got his lol

Cheers James, if they keep moving about I'll get some of that tape ordered, unless I decide not to keep them. The extra blind spots are starting to annoy me lol.

Cheers James, if they keep moving about I'll get some of that tape ordered, unless I decide not to keep them. The extra blind spots are starting to annoy me lol.

You get used to it

actually I learned to look through them lol

Does anyone know if you can buy extra clips for Heko deflectors? I looked on eBay but couldn't find any. I think they should really come with 3 clips per window instead of 2, when you look at how big the windows are on the 3-door Fiesta.

Edit: I just noticed my vote was still for Climair, so changed it to Heko. Now it's really clear that most of us prefer Heko :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you can buy extra clips for Heko deflectors? I looked on eBay but couldn't find any. I think they should really come with 3 clips per window instead of 2, when you look at how big the windows are on the 3-door Fiesta.

Edit: I just noticed my vote was still for Climair, so changed it to Heko. Now it's really clear that most of us prefer Heko :)

A got some years ago a canny mind where I got them but was like a tenner for 6 but a have 3 left if ye pm yer address al send ye them for free

• Like 1

Had extra for last car

post-50202-142686213785_thumb.jpg

A got some years ago a canny mind where I got them but was like a tenner for 6 but a have 3 left if ye pm yer address al send ye them for free

Cheers that's great, I'll send you my address :)

• Like 1

Hekos fitted very simple,cleaned the rubber first with white spirit, then just slipped them in place ,agree as someone else pointed out may 3 clips per side instead of 2 may be better.

first impressions ,1:create a blind spot not sure about that will see how i can manage with that,2: may be my imagination but i keep thinking the windows are not fully up (due to outside noises)

may be me lol i dont know.

they do look the part i must admit,

i will let them bed in and see how i get on with them.

(if anyone has any spare clips i would like a couple please)

Just a quick update on the Heko wind deflectors.

i noticed today that the metal clips where they have been pushed in firmly, the black plastic coating on the outside of the door had been pushed out and looks a bit tatty.

i think its some kind of heat applied coating all around the top of the windows.

anyway its done now,just a word of caution maybe it might be worth trying to fit the Hekos with just more tape instead of any metal clips.

just have a look along the top on the outside see if you can see what i mean. :wacko:

(if anyone has any spare clips i would like a couple please)

If you still need them let me know, I can send you the ones Paramanic sent me, because I bought some off eBay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370473346862?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The ones from eBay were the same, so I have a few spare. Just PM me if you want them.

Just a quick update on the Heko wind deflectors.

i noticed today that the metal clips where they have been pushed in firmly, the black plastic coating on the outside of the door had been pushed out and looks a bit tatty.

i think its some kind of heat applied coating all around the top of the windows.

anyway its done now,just a word of caution maybe it might be worth trying to fit the Hekos with just more tape instead of any metal clips.

just have a look along the top on the outside see if you can see what i mean. :wacko:

I was going to give an update on mine too, and I've also got the plastic bulging out from around the windows. I didn't realize it was the clips that caused it though, but that makes sense. The thing is you need the clips to stop the glass from being scratched from what I've heard. I might have a go at re-fitting the clips and maybe not forcing them up so hard like I did the first time lol.

Anyway some other thoughts on the Hekos, I think they're growing on me :). I really like the way they look from the outside, and I'm getting used to the extra blind spots they cause, just moving my head around a bit so I can see what's about to crash into me. After fitting an extra clip (3 on each side) I think they are more secure. Went for quite a spirited drive with the windows cracked open the whole time, up to 70 and also along some country roads. When I got back the deflectors hadn't budged, so that's good. They do tend to rattle a bit with the windows open but that's probably due to the clips.

If you still need them let me know, I can send you the ones Paramanic sent me, because I bought some off ebay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370473346862?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The ones from eBay were the same, so I have a few spare. Just PM me if you want them.

I was going to give an update on mine too, and I've also got the plastic bulging out from around the windows. I didn't realize it was the clips that caused it though, but that makes sense. The thing is you need the clips to stop the glass from being scratched from what I've heard. I might have a go at re-fitting the clips and maybe not forcing them up so hard like I did the first time lol.

Anyway some other thoughts on the Hekos, I think they're growing on me :). I really like the way they look from the outside, and I'm getting used to the extra blind spots they cause, just moving my head around a bit so I can see what's about to crash into me. After fitting an extra clip (3 on each side) I think they are more secure. Went for quite a spirited drive with the windows cracked open the whole time, up to 70 and also along some country roads. When I got back the deflectors hadn't budged, so that's good. They do tend to rattle a bit with the windows open but that's probably due to the clips.

yes just thinking about it when you take the clips out the damage has already been done to the plastic by the looks of it . wonder if just tape will suffice ? :(

yes just thinking about it when you take the clips out the damage has already been done to the plastic by the looks of it . wonder if just tape will suffice ? :(

Have you already tried taking the clips out and pushing the plastic back in, or fitting the rubber seal back over it? If it's permanently damaged, we could always take off the deflectors and go to a dealer, see if they'll fix it under warranty lol.

Maybe this is why the Climair deflectors don't come with clips, because they can damage the window trim and Ford had to approve them, unlike the Hekos. Anyone else had the trim damaged in this way?

I might try taking the deflectors off and see if I can fix the bent plastic around the windows. Can anyone else with the Heko deflectors check if the clips have bent the plastic around the top of the window?

You guys are finding problems that I've never even experience d or heard of before with deflectors lol I've never had any of that with ma cars or parents

The thing is it's hard to see the problem, and 2 of the clips on my left window have only caused the plastic to bulge out. Try running your fingers over the rubber seal on the outside, in front of where the clips are and maybe you'll notice where it bulges out.

This thread has put me off buying wind deflectors now :wacko:

Very odd - I've never had a problem with 4 sets fitted to 4 different Fords.

This thread has put me off buying wind deflectors now :wacko:

Don't be put off buddy there worth it

As I and am sure others haven't had this issues either

Very odd - I've never had a problem with 4 sets fitted to 4 different Fords.

Yeah same here :s

If I had anticipated the clips causing this problem I would have been looking at the outside of the window when fitting the clips and raising the window. I think it makes sense because it took several attempts raising the window before the safety mechanism wouldn't send the window back down. I can only assume that once the plastic bent enough after several attempts, the window could then get up high enough so the safety mechanism accepted it.

Edit: I'll try and get some photos showing the problem, and then if you guys who don't have this problem could do the same that would be great, then we can figure out why it happens. If the plastic is bulging around the clips it should be easy to see and feel it.

What are you thoughts on this... a 5-door Fiesta, but only have wind deflectors on the front doors.

Yey or ney?

What are you thoughts on this... a 5-door Fiesta, but only have wind deflectors on the front doors.

Yey or ney?

It could be ok, at least it's easy to try it and see what you think then attach the rear ones later.

• Like 1

Nay !

Haha, subtle. Thanks! :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club