Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Boot Opening Kit Anyone?

Paramanic

Alot of the kits you can purchase off eBay warn say they may not work due to Weak struts.. so could the seller not wriggle out of the refund and say that his products fit for purpose, but the struts aren't? Just intrigued! Considered this before but never went ahead with it

Only reason I purchased is there's about 4vids on Facebook of them working but obv for first few mins

Yeah mate mines too worked for 1day then not working either

The compression isn't the problem it's the fact that the load of the springs are sh*t

So just through PayPal Willy?

It's a shame I was looking forward to these :( ...know how many times ma hands being really full at ma mates farm and him having to run over to open it for me :(

Wow, these springs must be really soft then?

Like I said as soon as my springs arrive, i'm going to try and see if they work (fingers crossed). I opted for purchasing my own springs (as mentioned previously).

I'll keep you all updated on my progress.

• Like 2

A saw this a while back, website for springs at start of clip.

A saw this a while back, website for springs at start of clip.

This is where I got my idea from. But I've ordered V20x30 springs, from eBay

Just received this message from the seller on eBay regarding the fiesta mk7/7.5 springs,I've decided to cancel my order. post-56845-143004840616_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Convenient......I sent two videos of before and after and he's saying because it has spoiler ..... Check the Facebook page and click on posts to page to see videos and what he said to me

www.facebook.com/mollebaule

Convenient......I sent two videos of before and after and he's saying because it has spoiler ..... Check the Facebook page and click on posts to page to see videos and what he said to me

You shouldn't have such a PHAT spoiler then!! :P

• Like 1

Naw a shouldn't have how dare I have a amazing looking car ......tut tut tut

2bh guys the guy does sound awright as he did reduce the cost of postage and also send a message to cancel order before it gets sent out

SGS are good for these springs & they last.

I've requested a refund too as I can't see a way of getting it working with these springs. Keep us posted on how your DIY build goes Lee, if it works I might give that a go myself

See mines will open if I just slip my finger under at the sides near the lights so gonna try with washers first been speaking to guy a do believe the springs are strong enough as when I push down they push the heaviest part of the boot opening up with ease a believe it's not compressed enogh so will be trying tomorrow

This is literally how much a gotta put up till spring catches haha

post-50202-143005912675_thumb.jpg

Have you tried using some rubber tap washers?

3/4"?

post-62796-0-46456100-1430060266_thumb.p

• Like 1

Good idea Lee

Where from?

I tried buyin this kit and seller refunded me money as they had complainants that the boot was opening after the boot being shut for long periods of time

A will look around shops tomorrow Lee

And yeah he is doing this am talking to him atm (Thomas is is name and he is Italian) I sent images of the springs and they are not compressing as they should so gonna twiddle with them bud

He is a good seller as he's asking all sorts of questions videos and pics to try n help me fix it

A will look around shops tomorrow Lee

And yeah he is doing this am talking to him atm (Thomas is is name and he is Italian) I sent images of the springs and they are not compressing as they should so gonna twiddle with them bud

I added in some metal washers and used WD-40 on the hinges and strut pivot points and mine is now working again. It seems very odd though as it wasn't yesterday, i'm wondering if maybe the cold weather makes it just slightly too stiff for the springs.

Disconnecting the parcel shelf also helps it open faster.

• Like 1

I added in some metal washers and used WD-40 on the hinges and strut pivot points and mine is now working again. It seems very odd though as it wasn't yesterday, i'm wondering if maybe the cold weather makes it just slightly too stiff for the springs.

Disconnecting the parcel shelf also helps it open faster.

Nice one mate! A will try this tomorrow he does state it probs won't work under 10℃ but will give it a go tomorrow when off work bud

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club