Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Conversion

Dan13

I'm new to all this so you'll have to bare with me!

I've just turned 18 and I'm looking to modify my fiesta before I get on the road! I'm about to buy a standard 1.4 fiesta LX and I'm looking to convert it but I'm just wondering what if any problems I could come across. I know insurance is going to go up when I declare my modifications but I've looked at insurance for an St and its 9,900 cheapest so it will be cheaper to do this! I'm planning on fitting a standard St body kit from a breaking fiesta on eBay, putting on cosworth wheels, getting it lowered and getting it vinyl wrapped to a matte light blue. Any comments or tips that will be helpful will be very much appreciated!

post-66085-0-90599200-1433189375_thumb.j

Also would it be easier to buy a different model such as a zetec s?

A would try get a Zs with good specs buddy ma first car was a zetec blue (thats the name of it as it was a limited edition) And was a great car! Brilliant sound system in it! Had the Sony one from the mondeo! Loved the car didn't have a kit on it or anything but a didn't want to mod that one as a loved it!

• Like 1

See originally I was going for a mk7 zetec s in gun metal grey, but now I want a mk6 with an St kit! Thinking if I put about 2000 into it I can get it exactly how I want! Just wondering where to start really aha

A would definitely recommend a mk7 58 or 09 plate Zs tdci 1.6 ma mate had one it and was great very nippy and giving 50mpg! Make sure it's a good spec and nice kit inside

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

Will do dan, and I was really tempted by one but now I've got an idea of exactly what I want on a mk6 its just how I'm gonna get there

The ST sideskirts will not fit as your car is a 5 door.

As a rule; prefacelift and facelift parts are interchangeable (rear lights need rewiring, guide on my profile)

5 door and 3 door bumpers and front lights are interchangeable. 3 door and 5 door Rear lights are a different shape.

An ST engine would require ECU, clocks, driveshaft, gearbox, brakes (front and rear) handbrake cable, and tonnes of other stuff.

Really not worth it on an LX either mate. Will always be an LX on the logbook.. Anybody does a reg check and the secrets out.

After declaring all the mods you may as well cough up for the ST insurance.

That's not mine yet just one I was looking at! I'm thinking of a 1.6 zetec 3 door after looking through, and its 5k cheaper on insurance after declaring modifications!

Cheaper after declaring an engine transplant?... Or would you not go all the way with the conversion?

The zetec is pretty poorly equipped, although If it's a 1.6 I'm assuming you're looking at a zetec S?

And I'm not trying to trick anyone with the conversion! It will just be the body kit and interior I won't be getting St badges either, just prefer that kit to any other!

I'm thinking I'll only have to tweak a few things with a 1.6 zetec engine instead of a replacement

And I'm not trying to trick anyone with the conversion! It will just be the body kit and interior I won't be getting St badges either, just prefer that kit to any other!

Ah fair enough then :) so you're not going down the replica look then! (Good man!)

• Like 1

Not at all aha! I'll have the St badge when I can afford the insurance that comes with it!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club