Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Our Very Own Yplac Thread..

Ianb

2 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Same way people just drive using sat nav without actually looking at signs. And the actual direction

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

So true Ken and I always believe signs over my sat nav especially when I know it's wrong, thought TomTom's were 'supposed' to be good?

• Like 1

He has actually taken up FOUR spaces there...  Quite an achievement!! :thumbdown:

• Like 3

Hardly an achievement in a huge van, he'd have had to take 2 anyway....its when you see an Aygo parked across 4 spaces, that's an achievement! :laugh: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Hardly an achievement in a huge van, he'd have had to take 2 anyway....its when you see an Aygo parked across 4 spaces, that's an achievement! :laugh: 

What's worrying is I'm sure that has happened...

• Like 2

BOGOF at the hospital...

1479399479553.thumb.jpg.882b8b45436c826b

1479399508519.thumb.jpg.2eefb23843e779c5

1479399533493.thumb.jpg.0e2f8c4d12c6643b

I reckon 9 out of 10 for the Rover which has been abandoned with a certain flair. The Lexus only deserves a 5, losing marks for being straight and pulling fully into the parking berth.

• Like 1

I was going to say people have probably got a need to park with extra door room at the hospital and most likely have bigger things on thier mind...  But that Rover 25...I mean...how did they even do that unless it broke down during the manouvre!? :laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I was going to say people have probably got a need to park with extra door room at the hospital and most likely have bigger things on thier mind...  But that Rover 25...I mean...how did they even do that unless it broke down during the manouvre!? :laugh:

It's a 200 actually... :tongue:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

It's a 200 actually... :tongue:

Good eyes! :laugh:  Same car anyway, just a different badge on the newer ones! :whistling:

On that note...  A year later, I'm still trying to shift some ZR/R25 parts...  Mostly new or refurbed as well, even at well below half RRP I can't get rid of them on eBay or gumtree. :sad:  /plug :wink: 

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Good eyes! :laugh:  Same car anyway, just a different badge on the newer ones! :whistling:

On that note...  A year later, I'm still trying to shift some ZR/R25 parts...  Mostly new or refurbed as well, even at well below half RRP I can't get rid of them on ebay or gumtree. :sad:  /plug :wink: 

Well, the front headlamps are completely different, and there are a few other little differences...  But yes, to somebody who has never owned a 200/25 you wouldn't really see the difference.

True, never owned either as I'm not an 80 year old lady... :biggrin: 

Worked on quite a few of the 'fancy' 25s though...aka ZRs. :laugh:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

On that note...  A year later, I'm still trying to shift some ZR/R25 parts...  Mostly new or refurbed as well, even at well below half RRP I can't get rid of them on ebay or gumtree. :sad:  /plug :wink: 

I'm having the same trouble with my remaining crates of Astra parts, All the Volvo, Peugeot and BMW parts I had, found buyers. The only Astra part that anyone wanted was a exhaust middle box that went for 99p on eBay, it's start price

Given the frequency that vauxhall parts fail, I would have thought, if anything the Volvo parts, would've been the hardest to shift:unsure:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

True, never owned either as I'm not an 80 year old lady... :biggrin: 

Worked on quite a few of the 'fancy' 25s though...aka ZRs. :laugh:

Shush, you! :nono:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GMX said:

I'm having the same trouble with my remaining crates of Astra parts, All the Volvo, Peugeot and BMW parts I had, found buyers. The only Astra part that anyone wanted was a exhaust middle box that went for 99p on ebay, it's start price

Given the frequency that vauxhall parts fail, I would have thought, if anything the Volvo parts, would've been the hardest to shift:unsure:

Well you say that...but it's more likely that people keep old Volvos going when they break, whereas people just scrap old Vauxhalls in the same situation...

To be honest, I don't do 99p starts anymore, as that's almost always the end as well lol!  After eBay fees and paypal fees you're down to 50p, then have to wait around for the buyer too.  I tend to go with a BIN or best offer now.

The other thing I find hard to shift is aftermarket headunits, even for a tenner no-one wants them...yet people steal them for some reason!!  Can't be very lucrative for them! :laugh: 

A great example of teamwork bellendery! Pickups with trailers are parked on the pavement of a well used walking route either side of an entrance to a multi-occupancy residence. Also note the entrance to a field directly opposite. I presume the owners of the vehicles are shooting geese up the hill to the right and have been given permission to shoot but not to park in the field. 

IMG_20161118_102825683.jpg

41 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Typical Tesco parking! 

IMG_20161126_140158306.jpg

It might have been a very slow and boring getaway car and you were witnessing a robbery! If it was then they should get life for using a boggo Vectra never mind the actual robbery!:laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Typical Tesco parking! 

IMG_20161126_140158306.jpg

They could have at least moved forward and parked in the disabled bay!  Given their driving (or parking) skills, it is fairly certain they have some sort of disability... 

Probably best place for lighting

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just looked outside to see this, I know they are visiting my next door neighbour, I know my street is narrow but that does not excuse them parking across MY driveway.

IMG_20161202_183114.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club