• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• welshie_miles

• DanGull

• Silent Shark

• Flic

There is a start button on the dash to replace the ignition barrel on the side of the steering column.

Correct, -- the car can still sense the immobilizer chip in the keyless remote, and allow the start button to work so long as you don't throw the unit out the window, ( same situation as if you left the car without locking it, and went out of range of the car's sensors to go indoors, which results in the car self-locking itself. It wouldn't lock-up if you left the unit inside the car somewhere.) Also, the internal boot-release press-button on the dash will still work, with the chip within range, as the chip is not powered by the internal battery, but by the car's sensor system, and the car battery.

Cheers gents. As it happens I've been sowtting up on the Handbook = very sad but I'm make no excuses for being very excited!

Correct, -- the car can still sense the immobilizer chip in the keyless remote, and allow the start button to work so long as you don't throw the unit out the window, ( same situation as if you left the car without locking it, and went out of range of the car's sensors to go indoors, which results in the car self-locking itself. It wouldn't lock-up if you left the unit inside the car somewhere.) Also, the internal boot-release press-button on the dash will still work, with the chip within range, as the chip is not powered by the internal battery, but by the car's sensor system, and the car battery.

Really?! That's fantastic! I remember an old Top Gear where they discussed keyless stuff on cars and Clarkson complained that they didn't self lock, and you have difficulty checking that it is actually locked (because of course, go near your car to check the lock, and you trigger the unlock!).

But if the car self locks then I never need to get my key out of my pocket B) !

Really?! That's fantastic! I remember an old Top Gear where they discussed keyless stuff on cars and Clarkson complained that they didn't self lock, and you have difficulty checking that it is actually locked (because of course, go near your car to check the lock, and you trigger the unlock!).

But if the car self locks then I never need to get my key out of my pocket B) !

I think you can also make sure its locked by just pressing the little buttons on the door handles to lock/unlock as long as you are in range - which is a few feet from either side or the rear of the car (I think there is a diagram of the 'zones' in the handbook - a PDF of which someone found here: http://issuu.com/stalker1971/docs/new_fiesta_manual)

Well, as an update I've spoken to the dealer today on the phone, on the system he says delivery date 5th October, but they may be able to bring that forward....

Fingers crossed!

Well, as an update I've spoken to the dealer today on the phone, on the system he says delivery date 5th October, but they may be able to bring that forward....

Fingers crossed!

:o

Can I get my order from your dealer instead please? They seem far more efficient than my lot. ;) I don't have a build date, let alone a delivery date!

Sounds good. Lucky you! Keep us informed.

Cheers Michelle! As an update, went in to dealer today to give my updated log book for the old Panzer, apparently build date is pushed back to 25th September, delivery approx 10th October.

:(

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

"....we will be registering your car before the end of this month.

If its ok we will be taking your Audi from you on the first and we will be letting you take one of our demonstrators until your car arrives."

Get in!!!

:huh: :) :D

UPDATE:

"....we will be registering your car before the end of this month.

If its ok we will be taking your Audi from you on the first and we will be letting you take one of our demonstrators until your car arrives."

Get in!!!

:huh: :) :D

In "dealerspeak" this means :

We are desperate to hit out third quarter sales target,we are pretty close,so by moving your reg date forward we hit target all get our bonuses!!, :lol::lol::lol:

As a thank you we will let you have one our demo cars for a few days as this doesnt cost us anything.

dave

pike you are wrong, what it really means is that the dealer has found a buyer for the Audi or is going to give it to his wife as a present

Pike, that is fine by me! They even mentioned this right at the very start they may have to register it on the way over. To which I replied, "What does this mean to me in idiot speak". They replied, you get the car either before or after the end of the month.

Either way, very excited...

Oh, and the Audi Panzer is going in for scrappage.

Sad times :( Said my goodbyes to the quattro. I have an interim Zetec 1.25 in vision blue while my car makes it's way to me. Not bad - 4.5 weeks after ordering!

Not impressed with this 1.25 tho - glad I ordered a diesel with some guts! With this car, it's like the accelorator pedal doesn't work. I have been spoilt by a 2 litre panzer but still ...

It's feeling very wierd trying to get used to a new car - can't hear the engine over quiet music, very strange handling feel, a clutch you could operate with your tounge rather than a man's thigh, brakes that seem to be on or off and no in between... a wierd feeling gearstick ....

Ah well!

I'm loving mine - loving everything about it and can't park it up with looking back at him as I walk away . . .

I'm loving mine - loving everything about it and can't park it up with looking back at him as I walk away . . .

Get a room! :P

Just had my log book through the post! :o :D VIN not shown on ETIS but yet, but it's getting closer!

Miles, they really do know how to tease you.

what next, a vile with essence of new car for you to sniff. may be they will send you a key to hold as well.

If your car was a woman I think she would be called Chastity Neva Gonahappen.

Anyway fingers crossed you will get it soon, Ocean Blue is the next in colour :D wished mine was in that colour, oh wait it is.

Miles, they really do know how to tease you.

what next, a vile with essence of new car for you to sniff. may be they will send you a key to hold as well.

If your car was a woman I think she would be called Chastity Neva Gonahappen.

Anyway fingers crossed you will get it soon, Ocean Blue is the next in colour :D wished mine was in that colour, oh wait it is.

Ah, maybe you're right! Now they've sent me the logbook (well Swansea have at least), so Monday morning I'll probably come home to find car parts on my front door mat! Maybe the day after possibly some seats, a few wheels :P

Nah it's fine, I have a korma version to play with so when the vinadloo arrives next week it will be worth the wait.

Checked Etis again today... Voila!

Primary Features

Build Date: 27.09.2009

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-

Body Style: 3 Door Saloon

Version: Series 50

Engine: 1.6L Duratorq-TDCI (90PS) - DV6

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 3.37

Emission: Stage IV Emissions

Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Ocean Blue (Metallic)

Interior Fabric: B1 -B-C -DOTTS/TRUDIE NEW 4

:D

Checked Etis again today... Voila!

Primary Features

Build Date: 27.09.2009

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-

Body Style: 3 Door Saloon

Version: Series 50

Engine: 1.6L Duratorq-TDCI (90PS) - DV6

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 3.37

Emission: Stage IV Emissions

Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Ocean Blue (Metallic)

Interior Fabric: B1 -B-C -DOTTS/TRUDIE NEW 4

:D

hello. i was just wondering .. my build date is the 10th october (this saturday) will i get a log book in as soon as the car is built or will i get it nearer the time of delivery ? any help would be good :)

Hello, well my log book arrived 3rd Oct, build date as you can see 27/9. Delivery date no idea. Some time this week apparently.

Hello, well my log book arrived 3rd Oct, build date as you can see 27/9. Delivery date no idea. Some time this week apparently.

are the new fiestas made abroad ... i was meant to get my fiesta the end of september lol but seems like im gonna get it end of the month .. really frustrating as i see loads of them about ..

are the new fiestas made abroad ... i was meant to get my fiesta the end of september lol but seems like im gonna get it end of the month .. really frustrating as i see loads of them about ..

Answered in other thread...

It's here!!! :lol: I've waited a billion years for this.... I had to forget I had even ordered it because it was eating away at my soul... now I have to wait another million years till 5 o'clock this evening when I can get out of here!

Pictures to follow.... :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club