Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St + Mp215 + What Else?

WXC79

I emailed mountune about the cat back exhaust and they said it should be in the start of September I hoping it's not till the end so I can save a little bit more.

Can you not just get the car on ramp and get enough excess there to fit the intercooler rather than removing the bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I emailed mountune about the cat back exhaust and they said it should be in the start of September I hoping it's not till the end so I can save a little bit more.

Typical, that's when I'm on holiday in France lol. I might give them a call and see if I can pre-order one or something, otherwise they'll go out of stock again and it'll be another 4 month wait.

Typical, that's when I'm on holiday in France lol. I might give them a call and see if I can pre-order one or something, otherwise they'll go out of stock again and it'll be another 4 month wait.

They should be able to do that I would have thought as when I've contacted them before they said all of them were pre sold that was for end of July start of August

Can you not just get the car on ramp and get enough excess there to fit the intercooler rather than removing the bumper?

There's no room to pull it out, the underside of the bumper covers the intercooler and there's a cradle to remove.

Mountune fitting guide, there is a better guide by forge but I can't seem to find it at the mo

http://www.mountune.com/downloads/Fiesta_ST_IC_install_rev1.0.pdf

The springs are made by Eibach just sprayed mountune yellow, don't think it would void the warranty as Eibach is Ford friendly.

You need to post a few pics up.

They won't be warranty friendly as they haven't been approved by ford the same as the springs in the accessory catalogue have possibly been, the mountune springs are made by Eibach to Mountune's spec, puma speed also have some made to their spec by Eibach, these are lower than the Mountune springs, they won't be warranty ok either.

The ford eibachs aren't listed forces on the ST either.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Today I'm awaiting delivery of the Mountune Alloy Intercooler Upgrade (Black no logo) & Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit (along with the relevant hose clips) for my ST3. I went to talk to my local Dealership this morning about installing these new parts for me. This is the same Dealership I bought the car from and who did the MP215 Upgrade for me, yet they seemed hesitant about being able to do the work, which seems very surprising to me. If I had the tools and ability to 'ramp-up' the car I would have considered tackling this job myself, but as I don't want to mess around and do something silly I think it's best for the job to be done by 'professionals'. Does anyone have experience of having these parts fitted? To me they seem like relatively straightforward installations, a bit of labour of course, but quite simple nonetheless. I'm waiting to hear back from the Dealership for confirmation that they can do the work. My issue could be, what if they say they can't. who do I turn to?

If the worst case scenario arises, and they can't fit the parts, can I take it to a non-Ford garage and have the work done? Will this cause any warranty issues?

I live in quite a remote part of Wales, and there's only the one Ford Dealership nearby. I'd be happy to take my ST further-afield if this was my only option. Does anyone have experience of getting Mountune parts fitted in Wales? Any recommendations?

Of course, if the Dealership get back to me and say they can do the work then this is null & void, but I want to 'hedge my bets'; if they say it's not possible, then I would like a backup plan ;)

Regarding the Mountune Cat Back Exhaust... Still not in stock, apparently they can't give a time when it will be available again. At first I was told end of August, then start of September, yesterday i was told 'a few weeks'! Frustrating really, as the exhaust will be the final piece in my Mountuning Jigsaw, for now...

^ I'm surprised that they would say they can't do that job, because it would be no different to replacing those parts if any of them were faulty, which should be a job that any Ford garage can do. The warranty shouldn't be affected because you can even fit the parts yourself and still not affect it.

And I'm also still waiting for the exhaust, but starting to wonder if they will ever have any more of them.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing, about both the fitting of the new parts and the exhaust. I've not heard back from the Dealership yet. I would be surprised if there was an issue with getting the work done, but you never know. I often find that, although the folks at the Dealerships are nice enough, they have a serious lack of communication between one-another, so you can end up being given the run-around.

That aside, my new Intercooler and charge pipe kit arrived and look rather lovely. The black Intercooler should give the front of the car that little extra bit of 'menace' compared to the current silver one, not to mention better performance when hooked up with the charge pipe kit. I was tempted to go for the one with 'Mountune' emblazoned across it, but I think that would have been a step too far, I'm no 'boy-racer' these days, although the ST does make me feel like a kid when I'm chucking it around the odd corner or two;)

• Like 1

Drive by the dealership one lunch time and if you can speak to one of the mechanics you could get them fitted as a foreigner. I did that to get one of my cars lowered and a decat pipe fitted. Probably only charge you £30-£40 cash.

Fitting the intercooler and pipes a simple enough job for any garage with a ramp, about an hours labour should be about right. Not much holding front bumper on .

• Like 2

Fitting the intercooler and pipes a simple enough job for any garage with a ramp, about an hours labour should be about right. Not much holding front bumper on .

That's what I thought, however...

I spoke to the Ford dealership I purchased the car from (who also fitted the MP215 kit) and the quote they gave me for fitting these parts seems very excessive. I was quoted £289! 3 hours labour they claim.

Since getting this quote I have been looking for other places who might be able to fit the parts for me to get a more competitive rate. One alternative garage offered to do the work for £120, a much more reasonable fee. I will be checking out more garages tomorrow.

Also, I was wondering if there are any garages in Wales (West Wales preferably) that anyone might recommend?

^ Some dealers will try to rip you off like that. My local dealer quoted just under £60 to fit the cat-back exhaust which I would think is a more complicated job. As long as you find a decent garage to do the job for you then you should have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

The same Ford Dealership quoted me £145 for fitting the Cat Back exhaust!

That's the main problem really, finding another garage that I can trust, it's always a bit of a risk taking it to somewhere new, but a saving of £169 on labour is not to be sniffed at. That money can go towards getting the Cat Back, if it ever appears in stock again;)

Do you not like having jobs done as a foreigner for cash? Most Ford Technicians do jobs on the side for a fraction of what the garage would charge you through the books. Its still the same individuals doing the work for you but without the large bill.:)

• Like 1

I certainly like the idea of that, but would not be sure how to instigate it really. I do know which Technician did the work for the MP215 Upgrade, so perhaps I could go and try to seek him out and have a quiet chat with him;)

2 hours is more than enough to fit these which is what mountune charge for @£60/hr.

Not possible to do them yourself? The hardest hoses are the symposer and throttle body hoses between the rad and engine.

Mountune have a guide for the intercooler fitting, there is one by Forge which is a better guide.

WR Davies in Welshpool are (or were unless they changed hands) a Mountune Pro Dealer.

• Like 1

W R Davies Welshpool (& Newton ) are now Greenhous Ford

They are still in Llandudno & Rhyl & Llangefni as Fraud stealers & are a good company to deal with from my experience

Spoke to a local Garage this morning. Booked it in for next Monday. Even if they charge for 3 hours of labour it will be a saving of £109 over the Ford Dealership quote.

It's not normally the sort of work they do (mods), although the Intercooler is a straight 'like for like' and they didn't think there would be any issues. The main 'concern' was the Charge Pipe Kit; if that too is a 'like for like' then they didn't see any issues.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any guides for installing the Charge Pipe Kit? I already have the Mountune Intercooler Installation Guide, but if anyone knows of a better one then please let me know.

I don't think there will be any issues with them fitting the parts, it will just be a little bit fiddly;)

Hthe pipes are just a straight swap, once the cars up on a ramp they won't have any issues.

Hthe pipes are just a straight swap, once the cars up on a ramp they won't have any issues.

Cheers Mark

Had the Mountune Alloy Intercooler & Charge Pipe Kit fitted this morning by an excellent local garage. The work took a little longer than expected, but they did a great job and moved the wheels front to back (& vice versa;) for me while she was up on the ramp, free of charge; much easier than me having to do it! I now have some nice red silicone hoses throughout my engine-Bay to match the already installed High-Flow Induction Hose Upgrade. The addition of the Intercooler in Black has also given the front of the car a bit more 'presence', looks slightly 'meaner' now;)

Now just have to 'wait the long wait' for the Mountune Cat Back Exhaust to be back in stock.

I'll post a few snaps of the new parts when the rain stops;)

• Like 1

Does it feel a quicker with it installed? It's something I will be doing to mine it's just £700 odd I don't have at the moment haha!

Can't wait for the pictures!

Does it feel a quicker with it installed? It's something I will be doing to mine it's just £700 odd I don't have at the moment haha!

Can't wait for the pictures!

Hard to say really, it's been a very wet day, so I've not had the chance to put it through its paces yet. I could easily fool myself into thinking it does;) It does sound a little throatier to me, yet cleaner turbo sound too!? I guess the improved airflow would lead to some noise changes. I'll let you know more tomorrow when I can take her out for a proper spin.

Hard to say really, it's been a very wet day, so I've not had the chance to put it through its paces yet. I could easily fool myself into thinking it does;) It does sound a little throatier to me, yet cleaner turbo sound too!? I guess the improved airflow would lead to some noise changes. I'll let you know more tomorrow when I can take her out for a proper spin.

Haha, yeah typical weather for the UK though! Ok Mate let us know how you get one!

Was able to get out for a nice long (dry) drive this evening. I have to say, the car feels and sounds great, really sharp, that little bit more eager. Thankfully before heading out I checked my tyre pressures, as the garage had forgotten to alter them accordingly after switching the wheels front to back!

I think it does feel a bit quicker, whether it's my imagination, or it actually is, is debatable;) I had noticed before that in 3rd she would start to top out at about 5,500 rpm, but now it seems to just keep pulling all the way to the red line. I was chucking it around some awesome Welsh B-Roads; dropping it down a couple of gears and firing it out of a corner never gets old. I think the sound in the cabin is a tad louder too, the note that little bit more 'gruff'. Again, this could be my brain tricking me, but no matter, it feels and sounds great to me.

From a purely cosmetic point of view, I really like how the front-end looks now I have the black Mountune Intercooler installed. I took some pics earlier but haven't transferred them from the camera yet. To be able to see the silicone hoses in all their glory I would really need to have it up on a ramp to get a 'proper' shot, but just knowing they're there makes me happy;)

Can't wait for the Cat Back Exhaust to be back in stock. I have a feeling that when they do come in, they won't be around for very long, so I hope I'm one of the lucky one's who is able to grab one. To be honest, I think it sounds great with the stock exhaust anyway, but as with all these little Mountuning tweaks, having their Cat Back will just make it that little bit more special.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club