Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St + Mp215 + What Else?

WXC79

I bet there isn't 6 In stock now either. The demand seems pretty high. Have you got one fitted yet MarkSt?

4 left about 10 mins ago, I'm waiting on them from mountune but if they can post I might take the one from Stoneacre.

How big is Yorkshire? Lol. Didn't think £50 was to bad for fitting.

• Like 1

£50 fitting from main dealer not a bad price. Can't imagine getting one posted then fitted at local place would be much cheaper tbf.. Depends how quickly you want one.. I can't wait till Thursday, like an excited school boy.

• Like 1

That's quite good but a bit more expensive labour than I've been quoted, and a bit too far for me to drive.

The postage from mountune is £25, how much can you get it fitted for?

£50 fitting from main dealer not a bad price. Can't imagine getting one posted then fitted at local place would be much cheaper tbf.. Depends how quickly you want one.. I can't wait till Thursday, like an excited school boy.

I've waited this long so a bit more won't hurt, I should be able to collect from HQ and save the postage.

• Like 1

4 left about 10 mins ago, I'm waiting on them from mountune but if they can post I might take the one from Stoneacre.

How big is Yorkshire? Lol. Didn't think £50 was to bad for fitting.

Yeah I forgot it was £450 so that's a fair price. And forgot about the postage cost lol, so I might give them a call. The only problem is getting over there, would have to do it after work or at the weekend, neither of which would be possible unless they are open late on week days.

Yeah I forgot it was £450 so that's a fair price. And forgot about the postage cost lol, so I might give them a call. The only problem is getting over there, would have to do it after work or at the weekend, neither of which would be possible unless they are open late on week days.

They've got 3 left if you are interested, ask for Adam Carr if you are interested. (Say you saw the post on STOC) or register on there and PM them.

• Like 1

I gave them a call, and I think I got the last one haha :D

Now I just have to get over there with enough time before they close, hopefully I can leave work early tomorrow.

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to push you into buying one lol, just knew you were waiting and were in that area.

Should be a loud drive home.

Some people recommend a symposer delete or blocking the symposer hose that goes to the cabin, it helps to stop the exhaust being to boomy and you hear the exhaust more. You may like the noise but worth mentioning.

• Like 2

Interesting about the symposer, I haven't heard one yet, but from videos it doesn't sound loud to me.. Who's heard one in the flesh?

I gave them a call, and I think I got the last one haha :D

Now I just have to get over there with enough time before they close, hopefully I can leave work early tomorrow.

Let us know what it's like if you get done tomorrow.

Interesting about the symposer, I haven't heard one yet, but from videos it doesn't sound loud to me.. Who's heard one in the flesh?

It's mainly the noise inside, the symposer was fitted to make up for the lack of exhaust noise, which it does quite well, so adding an exhaust could be a bit too much, you won't know till you drive it.

You have if fitted at HQ? M25 will let you notice any boom , although the exhaust does need to bed in, pity the dart ford tunnel is the other direction.

• Like 1

Yeah mines getting done at HQ, was debating removing the symposer after getting the intercooler. But will wait see what it sounds like. You can hear the exhaust over the symposer on my car, as it is.

I wasn't trying to push you into buying one lol, just knew you were waiting and were in that area.

Should be a loud drive home.

Some people recommend a symposer delete or blocking the symposer hose that goes to the cabin, it helps to stop the exhaust being to boomy and you hear the exhaust more. You may like the noise but worth mentioning.

I just realised it was the best way to get the exhaust if I would have to pay postage from Mountune, so it's cheaper and no more waiting around :)

I would think any extra "boomy" sound would be because the extra sound from the exhaust will add to the sound from the symposer. I'll see what it's like, but the symposer only activates when you put your foot down anyway so shouldn't be a problem while cruising.

I hear people saying about the symposer 'activating' when you put your foot down... But there's no on off switches, it's always on, on the Fiesta, unlike the Focus which has throttle body like device that opens. It's more a case the engine is just quiet on part load conditions, but makes more noise once the turbo is on full boost.

I hear people saying about the symposer 'activating' when you put your foot down... But there's no on off switches, it's always on, on the Fiesta, unlike the Focus which has throttle body like device that opens. It's more a case the engine is just quiet on part load conditions, but makes more noise once the turbo is on full boost.

You may be right, but it certainly sounds like the symposer only gives you the louder engine noise when you accelerate, even activating the cruise control can give the same effect. Maybe that's just the way the symposer is designed - if it's always on then it varies the amount of sound depending on the revs and engine load etc.

^ Lol that's the exact video I was going to post, until I watched it again and realised he didn't say whether it activates with the throttle.

It just a tube from the intake, with a vibrating diaphragm. The vibrations cause extra noise, and some foam of a special density makes the tone deeper. Believe me rip out the resonated hard pipe and put the none silienced Mountune one in, go to a under ground car park with windows down. Car in second and floor the pedal listen to how the turbo and boost build and your realise how it all works. The symposer on fiesta just amplifiers what's there. Off boost there just isn't any sound to amplify. On boost there's lots of sound waves to amplify

The focus and mustang use this butterfly valve to open, there normally be tube connected to this into the car.

we don't have that.
  • Like 1

All sorted, getting it done about 4pm today :). I just need to remember to get it added to my insurance, but I think there's just a small charge to make a note on the policy because a stainless-steel exhaust doesn't really make much difference.

Edit: called insurance (AXA) and there was no charge, they just added a note on the policy :). He asked if it was a full system and I just said it's a cat-back so the cat isn't changed, and he also asked if it will increase the power, to which I said no (even though I'm not sure about that lol). There's no way to know if it will increase the power or not anyway unless I took it to a rolling road before and after.

• Like 3

All sorted, getting it done about 4pm today :). I just need to remember to get it added to my insurance, but I think there's just a small charge to make a note on the policy because a stainless-steel exhaust doesn't really make much difference.

Edit: called insurance (AXA) and there was no charge, they just added a note on the policy :). He asked if it was a full system and I just said it's a cat-back so the cat isn't changed, and he also asked if it will increase the power, to which I said no (even though I'm not sure about that lol). There's no way to know if it will increase the power or not anyway unless I took it to a rolling road before and after.

Bet you can't wait for it now mate! You'll have to make a video up with it all on!

That's not bad then atleast it didn't cost you for the exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It won't increase power by more then a couple hp if any with the cat in place. But even with a sports cat or decat you won't see hp increases without a remap after fitting. The turbo will spool quicker after though, so throttle response will better.

• Like 4

Got it done yesterday and it's amazing as I expected :)

I think it sounds best at low revs when you can actually hear it over the road noise. It's not rediculously loud and that's a good thing, especially when cruising on the motorway it doesn't seem like there is any extra noise.

It looks like it was worth waiting this long because apparently the back box has been redesigned, which might be why so many new exhausts went to people with warranty issues. And I think you might be right about the throttle response but I'll have to try it out in different gears to be sure. It feels faster but I'm sure that's just the extra noise and the placebo effect lol.

Edit: I might do a video after work today. It sounds really nice when you do a cold start so might have to do a separate video for that too.

• Like 4

Yeah I was I told it was only a slight change, but a different supplier as no-one in the uk or Europe could make the resonator. Not many manufacturers use that type of resonator. There's no conventional muffler, so shouldn't get a buzz or raspy sound from it.

What's it like windows down?

• Like 1

I think it sounds best at low revs when you can actually hear it over the road noise. It's not rediculously loud and that's a good thing, especially when cruising on the motorway it doesn't seem like there is any extra noise.

It looks like it was worth waiting this long because apparently the back box has been redesigned, which might be why so many new exhausts went to people with warranty issues. And I think you might be right about the throttle response but I'll have to try it out in different gears to be sure. It feels faster but I'm sure that's just the extra noise and the placebo effect lol.

Edit: I might do a video after work today. It sounds really nice when you do a cold start so might have to do a separate video for that too.

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous;) I'd heard that about the back box redesign. Can't wait for them to be back in stock. I'm loving all my mods so far, the exhaust will be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Any photos of the new design then? I was under the impression it was just a different supplier.

Look forward to the video mate!

Im going to have to wait to get mine as I think I may got for the intercooler upgrade first! But the video could change me mind possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club