Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spot The Poor Ford

Stoney871

Yeah space and money for any car at my location is certainly a no chance situation lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

My other mate bought this last night. Its no where near as bad as it looks.

He is hoping to get the time to have it ready for the Ford show at Silverstone next year.

He is hoping to take that, mate with the Capri is taking his. The other guy that works for him in the garage is on the look out for a mk1 Fiesta.

The plan is for us all to make Silverstone.

A few of us plan on maybe taking on an old Ford. to get them back on the road. But if I am honest. I don't know if I have the time and money as most of my spare cash goes to the ST or the pub

post-49388-0-98061000-1442262409_thumb.j

post-49388-0-18326200-1442262435_thumb.j

post-49388-0-73728000-1442262538_thumb.j

post-49388-0-11852900-1442262576_thumb.j

post-49388-0-69681600-1442262596_thumb.j

• Like 1

At least that one has been put to use

It would still be better for these old cars to be brought back to working order and used rather than scrapped, for one thing it's better for the environment than replacing them with new cars.

At least that one has been put to use

Well thats it James. Biggest majority of the Capri that was broken was put to use.

The Capri that the black one is the donor too. Is just about finished.

Will get some photos up when its complete.

The Mk2 Cortina does have a fair bit of work needing done. But its nothing to my mate in all honesty.

Im looking forward to seeing it back on the rd.

New cars just dont have the same chatacter as old cars do.

• Like 2

Still miss my xr3i that my wife made me sell in May, but she said I must keep both my mk2's so can't be all bad, hopefully one day I could swap them both for a Harrier or RS2000 flat nose

Some mk2`s are making crazy money. Prices will only go up the way for mk2`s

Been offered 4k for my 4 door and 5500 for my 2 door, will wait a few years yet, when my kids have grown up they will be able to use them, as they would never afford one by then, or a deposit for a house for them, love them both, still use the 4 door for long journeys as cheap to run, more comfortable than my Shogun and more fun, need to finish building my 2 door back up, a days work will see it back on the road 2 at the most, going into West Wales rally spares tomorrow for a few more items for it

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

An eye for an eye, I suppose... Poor Fiesta though!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Poor fiesta. Seen better days!

Shame, it actually seems to have been modified rather tastefully as well.

• Like 1

Shame, it actually seems to have been modified rather tastefully as well.

Well it was my car so of course it was!

Was devastated when I crashed it, entirely my fault and learned a lot from crashing it. Every time I get in my focus I think how good that car was, such a clean car and embarrassed many audi's at the lights. Only reason I didn't buy another is because I don't want it to happen again.

• Like 1

DVLA say it's currently SORN'd, so there's a chance it may return to the road!

DVLA say it's currently SORN'd, so there's a chance it may return to the road!

No it's in my back garden :p

Bought all the parts to do it. Then I measured the wheelbase on both sides, it's 3/4" longer on one side than the other, which in engineering terms is about 3 miles. Fantastic car to drive, hate myself for crashing it. Had a choice between a land rover and a hedge, chose the hedge. Saved killing me and my friend, but all because I was going far to fast - and the abs was disabled

Kind of glad I never bothered with my comment a few hours ago now I realised it's a forum member owner..

• Like 1

Kind of glad I never bothered with my comment a few hours ago now I realised it's a forum member owner..

Don't worry I expected abuse

You made the correct decision to hedge it instead of the unbearable alternative - at the end of the day it's just a car & not comparable in any way to the value of two lives

So, in spite of the excess speed & the abs being disabled - i salute you for taking evasive action & acknowledging your error of judgement :)

• Like 1

Well it was my car so of course it was!

Was devastated when I crashed it, entirely my fault and learned a lot from crashing it. Every time I get in my focus I think how good that car was, such a clean car and embarrassed many audi's at the lights. Only reason I didn't buy another is because I don't want it to happen again.

Oh! Good thing I didn't write anything bad about it then :lol:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club