Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Module

chw1

Hi All , Need help!!!!!! I have just put a bluetooth module in my car (mk2 07 plate) the guy I got it from said it came from a 13 plate focus and it will fit,,,,, Well just put in into the car and now my locks don't work !!!!! un plug it and they work via key fob ...Whats going on !!!!! Would a bluetooth voice module affect my locks (if its the wrong one ) or am I pluging it in the wrong place,,,,, help.... chris

Probably because it's a much newer module it is crossing conections that are feeding back to the GEM.

The guy that sold it to you was talking crap.

• Like 1

Hi Clive .... Yes I think your right i'm taking it out now , it did not work (still audio mute on my stereo) do you know what module I need

got the mike , got the stereo (sony gen2 ) now I need another module but which one ? can you help ,,cheers chris

Hi Clive yes I think your right going to remove it now do you know which module I need ...because I have the mike , the stereo (sony gen 2) but which module ??? if any one out there got one for sale post to this ,,,(one that lets me lock my car would be nice lol)

cheers chris.

A 13 plate will be a Focus MK3. This type of module is not compatible with your MK2.

The Focus MK2 and very early MK2.5 did have the old mono Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This was basically the 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This system did only support bluetooth and Voicecontrol. The software of this system can not be updated. This system has a fixed language that can not be changed.

After about 04-2008 during production of the Focus MK2.5 this system was superseded by the newer stereo Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This was basically the 2nd generation of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This system did support bluetooth and Voicecontrol. USB, Ipod and bluetooth Audio support (Ford Sound & Connect) was optional on this system. The software of this system can be updated. This system has a fixed language that can not be changed. This system is also used on the very first Focus MK3.

During production of the Focus MK3 a new type of module was introduced. This is basically an updated version of the 2nd generation of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. The modules of this system are backwards compatible with the 2nd generation modules. This type of module does have USB, Ipod and Bluetooth Audio support as standard. The language of this type of module can be changed (Most European languages) are supported.

The radio's wiring and modules of the 1st and 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system are not compatible. All part need to be of the same system.

• Like 1

thank you Wilco , So what you are saying is I have to buy all the system from a mk2 ,, my focus is on a 2007 plate so would a mk2.5 system work?? I have a Sony stereo (gen 2) the one with a green button and a red button, so if I get a module from a focus mk2 2005 up to 2007 then it should all work ,, but do I have to have a voice button on the steering control or just use the one that is there now (no voice button ) or will a module from a mk2.5 early 2008 work ..... cheers chris...

A 2007 Focus is an MK2. This basically means that you need the old type (1st generation) Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. The part number of this module starts with 3M5T, 4M5T or 7M5T.

Installing the newer (2nd generation) Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is also possible but this will require some wiring modifications and a different radio.

Basically there were 3 Generations of Sony radio used on the Focus MK2/MK2.5.

The GEN 1 Sony is the square shaped Sony radio with green illumination. This type of radio is used on the early MK2 versions and is based on the 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

The GEN 2 Sony radio is the oval shaped Sony radio with red illumination. This type of radio is used on the late MK2 and early MK2.5 versions and is also based on the 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

The GEN 3 Sony radio is the oval shaped Sony radio with red illumination. This type of radio is used on the MK2.5 versions from about 04-2008 and is based on the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. USB and bluetooth Audio is only supported on firmware versions 05-XX-XX and higher.

The GEN 2 and GEN 3 Sony radio's look identical. these radio's can only be identified correctly by the part number and/or the production date.

The 1St generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system was pretty rare. Very few people did order this (expensive) option. This also means that used parts of this system are also rare and relative expensive. The 2nd generation system is much more common and finding parts for this system is much easier.

Without the radio remote with VOICE button the functionality of the system is very limited. Personally I would always install the radio remote with VOICE button.

Note that both the 1st generation and 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system are no longer supported by Ford. Only the latest type of module (which is used on the Focus MK3) is still supported. This basically means that this system becomes outdated more and more. Many times newer phone types have compatibility issues. You should consider this before installing the system.

An aftermarket bluetooth carkit will have better functionality and probably will also be cheaper.

cheers wilco sorry so long in getting back.... its a lot of work just to get hands free in the car .so have been thinking maybe "Parrot "

will be my best choice also not so expensive... thank you chris...

• Like 1

If you get the MKI9200 model then you get full audio input as well.

Is it possible to use a mono module in a car which has the stereo wiring? I think some pins needs to be moved around and then you should be all good?

It is not possible to install an older mono module to the newer stereo system without modifications.

The audio communication between the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module and the radio is different. The newer stereo system uses the AUX wiring for audio communication (this is not noticeable) while the older mono system uses a specific mono input of the radio.

The older radio's do not support the stereo input of the newer system and the newer radio's do not support the mono input of the old system.

To make this work you have to change the pinout of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring and install a different radio which is able to communicate with the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module.

this is all way over my head just wanted blue tooth in my car will just pull over to make a call ....lol.

now I have another problem just tried to fit my new rear lights (honey comb one's) not L E D ....

And guess what they don't fit ..removed all the panels on one side looking for the little grey plug

NO little grey plug to just plug into just a wiring loom that what looks like go's down the side of the back seats

so have anyone got any suggestions do I just cut into loom and splice wire's but one thing I did notice was the loom thatis there now has five wire's and the new lights have only four wire's coming from the plug...so what is going on with my car ....

The tail light wiring of the MK2.5 is different from the MK2. The MK2 does not have the grey connectors.

The easiest solution is to solder the MK2.5 tail light wiring loom directly to the MK2 wiring. The extra wire on the MK2 wiring is a ground wire. The MK2.5 tail light wiring loom does only have one ground wire which is connected to both bulb holders.

I've bought the retrofit loom, mic, bluetooth unit to fit to my 2008 facelift titanium (as wiring is not present) I have enabled voice control using elmconfig, it all works except I have no sound? How do I fix this?

Mic is working as if I press voice button and say a command, e.g. Cancel it cancels and returns to the radio. I also phoned my wife and she could hear me but I could not hear her

This problem is most likely caused by incompatible parts. All Bluetooth/Voicecontrol parts (radio, wiring loom and Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module) needs to be of the same system. If one of these parts is not compatible there will be no sound communication between the module and the radio.

If you can post the part numbers of the radio, wiring loom and Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module I can check them for compatibility.

Info as follows

Radio - 7m5t-18c939-eb

Loom - 6s6t-14c007

Module - 8m5t-19g488-af

Also have 8m5t-19g488-ak but that does not let me push voice button

Radio 7M5T-18C939-EB = old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This part number is used in both the late Focus MK2 and early MK2.5

Wiring loom 6S6T-14C007 = wiring loom from a Fiesta MK6/Fusion. To determine the system of this part number I need the suffix of the part number.

Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module 8M5T-19G488-AF = newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Based on the part number of the radio I guess the car is an early 2008 model. The early 2008 MK2.5 did have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Parts of this system are not compatible with the newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Wilco if your out there have fitted lihts they do look nice,,Have also fitted another bluetooth module to car ...phone paired up dials out .also have in coming calls but no sound out of Speakers ...have not fitted voice control to steering as yet still got old one on .. would that make it not have sound from Speakers ..????

right then I have fitted module , mike , the phone is paired but no sound is coming from Speakers it dails out and it gets incoming calls

but no sound ..have not fitted the voice control on steering yet still old one fitted.. would this matter????? chris...

Even though my fw is recent and had May2008 sticker on head unit

Can I modify my wiring since the unit is talking to my radio, names from my iPhone are displayed on display when I dial and my instrument cluster shows voice control etc, and the unit is actually listening to my voice it's just the sound that's missing

You could check the wiring and try to rewire it.

Below the schematics I made of both the old and the newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system:

Bluetooth%20Voicecontrol%20schematics%20

Old Mono Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Bluetoothschema_zpscxpnth6u.jpg

Newer Stereo Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Note that the wiring colors may be different.

• Like 1

do you reckon it could be done, altering the loom?

Nice work on all you have done btw, have had a good look through all of your projects, very impressive!

Wiring loom 6S6T-14C007-AC = wiring loom from a Fiesta MK6/Fusion from 24-10-2005 to 19-04-2006 = old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club