Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warming the car before you get there...

Afternoon,

After having my Mk 3.5 focus for about 10 months now I actually looked through the manual properly and found something about Aux heaters which use fuel to heat up the car before you get in, so I can set the time for 6am and the car will be at the set temp for that time...

Sounds great! but I seem to not have this fine extra yet I picked everything on the list I could apart from the Sunroof, key less entry and Dynamic Cruise control...

Is this something I should have in the settings on the MFD or is this just for bigger engines etc?

Or on the other hand am I being a tit...

Cheers

It's not fitted to the UK spec afaik.

Probably only for countries which get properly cold, like the Scandinavian ones.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's not fitted to the UK spec afaik.

Probably only for countries which get properly cold, like the Scandinavian ones.

Well I guess that makes sense...

But I want it... Now haha

Cheers buddy

aux heaters are fitted to most of the fords now but they are electric ones that help with a quicker cabin warm up when cold with engine running

Webasto have been making auxiliary heaters for donkeys years. That is what is fitted in trucks to keep the cab warm when sleeping in the truck. They run off diesel and sip the diesel using very little fuel compared to having the engine running. Diesel cars have been fitted with them usually as an option for some time now. Generally as an engine coolant pee heater to improve MPG and warm the car up quicker, they often have the option of a timer to pre warm the engine and also to pre warm the cabin like a night heater in a truck.

A webasto auxiliary heating system can be retro fitted to any diesel car if you really want to and can afford to have it done.

Kenlowe used to make electric preheaters which preheated the coolant which meant that you got instant warm air heating when started.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club