Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical Glitches ST500

BrynC1994

Hi guys, couple of weird things have happened on my ST lately, so last night I was driving home and for about a second both indicator indicators on the dashboard lit up simultaneously then went off, now this isn't the hazard bracing flashes because I turned that feature off and they didn't flash and I wasn't braking, now I didn't think anything of it but then I remembered when I unlocked the car before I got in it the indicators didn't light up just the side lights, so when I got home I unlocked it and locked it a few times and only once did the indicators light up with the sidelights which is weird, I did run the battery flat the other day but I have gone on a couple of long drives since then to get it charged up again so I don't think it is that but I could be wrong! Also unrelated I think but my drivers door lock rapidly unlocks and locks for about a second sometimes when I lock it, thinking it needs a new door lock?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

4 hours ago, BrynC1994 said:

Hi guys, couple of weird things have happened on my ST lately, so last night I was driving home and for about a second both indicator indicators on the dashboard lit up simultaneously then went off, now this isn't the hazard bracing flashes because I turned that feature off and they didn't flash and I wasn't braking, now I didn't think anything of it but then I remembered when I unlocked the car before I got in it the indicators didn't light up just the side lights, so when I got home I unlocked it and locked it a few times and only once did the indicators light up with the sidelights which is weird, I did run the battery flat the other day but I have gone on a couple of long drives since then to get it charged up again so I don't think it is that but I could be wrong! Also unrelated I think but my drivers door lock rapidly unlocks and locks for about a second sometimes when I lock it, thinking it needs a new door lock?

Long shot but I've changed all my indicators on my old Zetec before and completely left one out,

On one side the other indicators wouldn't work, on the other side they flashed out of sync/faster than usual, all I did was put the missing bulb in and everything worked as it should.

Might be worth checking the bulbs, for the lock I would speak to a auto locksmith about that just to get an idea.

Checked all the lights, all working :/

1 hour ago, BrynC1994 said:

Checked all the lights, all working :/

Hmm not sure what else to suggest! Indicators literally only flash up on the dashboard if you use a turning signal, or put your hazards on, have a burnt out bulb or you turn the car on!

When you say you ran the battery dead did you disconnect it at all? i'm guessing its all connected up fine, are the terminals clean?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply and yea all is fine no other issues and it hasn't done it since, maybe the battery wasn't white up to full charge and that was causing it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club