Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter Confusion

ryan1995fiesta

Hey all I recently looked into new air filters and found the K&N 57i kit for just over £100. However I have looked at the online manual and from other people I have found out the cone itself is going to sit right over the manifold of my 1.4 mk6 fez. This to me sounds like im going to get heat soak from the heat off the manifold? 

I then had a look round and found a company call pipercross. They have this http://www.pipercross.net/pipercross-performance-induction-system-pk252_p24037983.htm and i love the way it looks. Could I and this is a long shot take out the panel filter install this instead of the induction pipe at the front but leave in the filter box? I want to paint the filter box to match the car and detail it myself.

I also plan on cutting a hole in the grill i believe that allows more air through directly to the air filter. Will look like a proper racing car (Joking XD) 

Any help would be fantastic 

Cheers Guys

Ryan

You're going to gain 0 power with the 1.4 duratec engine without spending some serious cash..

I'm talking from experience mate!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Okay to in theory the 1.4 duratec is a waste of space :) See what I would do is use this as say my drive around piece of fun then get a car for my project. Not sure what though. I mean if its going to cost more to get what I want from it I may as well find something better. Saves spending money on modding this and then figuring i should go elsewhere.

Also I am not aiming for power gain as its first car :) However I would love a car to put some time and money into and have some fun building.

What is the question though? It don't need to be expensive at all. just something for me to work on over a period of time. 

Cheers

Ryan

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club