Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 leaking boot

kathb

wifes on way home with it now, she's says they re-sealed it and have thoroughly tested it, she was given some paperwork so I'll enjoy reading exactly whats been done and report back shortly.

My dealer said it was the rubber stoppers each side of the boot when water tested with high pressure hose they leaked, but when the car stands still its fine, if it has rained or the car is valeted as soon as you pull away the water appears from somewhere? must collect then on movement pours into the spare wheel well.

Hi limbo. Your post above is quite interesting, certainly the most interesting reason so far. Did they fix this and did it solve the problem? cos it would be the easiest problem to solve ever!

Hi limbo. Your post above is quite interesting, certainly the most interesting reason so far. Did they fix this and did it solve the problem? cos it would be the easiest problem to solve ever!

Hi, No is the answer they thought it was the rubber bungs either side of the wheel well because when water tested these leaked as they are a lose fit, But if you read my previous bit the car would only leak when you drive it in the rain or after a valet. When the car is stood still the thing is bone dry, I purchased the car to drive????

well its back and its dry, repair report states - "inv water ingress, sealed tailgate wiring grommet, re water tested and test ok" guess time will tell if this has solved the problem or not. not sure if this is the same grommet you found limbo? repair invoice etc appears rather professional surprisingly and they also performed a free visual health check documenting tyre treads and pressures, brakes, fluid levels, exhaust/susp/steering, lights/electrics. rather impressed if im honest but i'll be even more impressed if they have fixed the leak lol!

Hi, No is the answer they thought it was the rubber bungs either side of the wheel well because when water tested these leaked as they are a lose fit, But if you read my previous bit the car would only leak when you drive it in the rain or after a valet. When the car is stood still the thing is bone dry, I purchased the car to drive????

lol funnily enough they asked me a series of questions when i booked mine in namely, is the car garaged, is the car kept on an incline, does it leak after rain? i thought these rather specific to be on the spot questions thus raising my suspicions ford know fine well about this issue but are attempting to dodge an almighty recall!

lol funnily enough they asked me a series of questions when i booked mine in namely, is the car garaged, is the car kept on an incline, does it leak after rain? i thought these rather specific to be on the spot questions thus raising my suspicions ford know fine well about this issue but are attempting to dodge an almighty recall!

Since returning the car ten minutes after collecting 12:20pm I am still waiting for ford customer care to call me to tell me the next move. Interesting to see if your fix works, Could you run the hose over it and then drive it down the road for me????????

Only joking.

Since returning the car ten minutes after collecting 12:20pm I am still waiting for ford customer care to call me to tell me the next move. Interesting to see if your fix works, Could you run the hose over it and then drive it down the road for me????????

Only joking.

might not need to looks like its away to pish down so may find out soon lol

might not need to looks like its away to pish down so may find out soon lol

Just looked under New KA discussion forum and what do you think they have a problem with, yes you guessed it WATER LEAKS IN REAR!!!!!!!!!!!

!Removed! fords, i was considering a new focus or mondeo but i think i shall stick to looking at the mazda 6 and passat!

Just looked under New KA discussion forum and what do you think they have a problem with, yes you guessed it WATER LEAKS IN REAR!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha :lol: >>>> I think that the Ka has always leaked, like forever, ever since it was invented. Always leaky.

The fact that Ford only offer a 1 year water ingress warranty is an absolute disgrace. Not leaking is such a fundamental quality criteria for a brand new car, for it to be 'expected' after a year of its life is ridiculous.

ha ha ha ha ha :lol: >>>> I think that the Ka has always leaked, like forever, ever since it was invented. Always leaky.

i heard it leaked even before it was invented. ;)

i heard it leaked even before it was invented. ;)

Well Everyone i have heard enough, i purchased my car to drive not to sit in fords workshop, so as of this minute i have e-mailed bbc watchdog to inform them of the issue and if more of you get on board we might get this sorted once and for all.

go to bbcwatchdog click on complaint put in ford motor company and the issues you have had and some one will contact you, tell them the facts and issues you have had with the dealers then we wait and see?

Well Everyone i have heard enough, i purchased my car to drive not to sit in fords workshop, so as of this minute i have e-mailed bbc watchdog to inform them of the issue and if more of you get on board we might get this sorted once and for all.

go to bbcwatchdog click on complaint put in ford motor company and the issues you have had and some one will contact you, tell them the facts and issues you have had with the dealers then we wait and see?

cant see the link for complaint on website?

cant see the link for complaint on website?

Just for you.

www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

done, will even send them photos. ford, prepare to feel the wrath of foc!

done, will even send them photos. ford, prepare to feel the wrath of foc!

Good man, now all we need is the rest of the club with the same issue to do the same and we might all get upgrades from ford or perhaps a rubber duck to put in the back?

i'll take the rubber duck lol. i shall start a thread for others to add there names to.

Hi, No is the answer they thought it was the rubber bungs either side of the wheel well because when water tested these leaked as they are a lose fit
well its back and its dry, repair report states - "inv water ingress, sealed tailgate wiring grommet, re water tested and test ok"

I can assure you 100% that any leak is not related to the wiring gromits which you mention - my dealer used this as the reason as well. It is an obvious and quick excuse to get them out of fixing it. I fully sealed the gromits with silicon and duck tape for a couple of days and the leak was still there.

i'll take the rubber duck lol. i shall start a thread for others to add there names to.

Maybe PM some of the earlier posters so they get an email to come back to the forum. I'm liking the idea of getting this on watchdog. atm I cant help cos I'm still dry...

Hi

I havent got the leak yet but wanted to say as i saw a comment about a rubber duck.

I had a mate with a car (not a ford but a Rover or VX) that the water poured in though the boot and swamped the back seat, after a year of no joy and a the car endlessly in the garage, the garage was going to walk away from it so he sent a picture of the rubber duck floating in the boot with a tape measure to show the depth to the manufacturer they replaced the whole car due to the damage to the whole inside, im not saying it will work but its worth a shot, and send the picture to watchdog im sure it will give them a better story!

Best of luck!!

Maybe PM some of the earlier posters so they get an email to come back to the forum. I'm liking the idea of getting this on watchdog. atm I cant help cos I'm still dry...

Guys this is not a vendetta but as soon as your car is 1year old you will foot the bill maybe a gesture from Ford if your lucky, if we highlight this then maybe Ford will extend the warranty on this issue, I am only thinking of your wallet's and mine of course!

We all take pride in our cars and spend fortunes with Ford and their partners, we recommend other people to purchase these cars. Its about time ford and the dealers that represent them gave us the customer, "good customer service".

Off my soap box now.

Ok Guys/Girls,

Spoke with the dealer who has got my car and they have found the problem, Yes they have found the leak.I do not have detailed photo's but the water ingress is coming from the roof channels either side, under your trims there is a water channel which should be sealed and then your trims put in place on mine this is not the case, I have no seal or cracked sealant which in turn lets the water into the roof and when you pull away the water runs to the back of the roof and down your c pillows. I will try and get more details but the dealer/Ford are not letting me take photo's

Story of health and safety in workshop?.Will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Now three weeks on,The roof channels although now sealed have made difference to the leak, the dealer found that water was coming through the double skinned roof panel, sealed this up and collected car today, ford paid 90% towards the cost and i was happy man, got home and guess what yes the boot had water in, went back to dealer and they tell me it is water that was left in the roof panel they could not get to???

Ford customer services have agreed for the car to be driven for couple of days by myself if water keeps appearing then it wil have to go to there body shop to have the roof taken off!

How's every one else doing with their's.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club