Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IAC Valve 1.4 Duratec SE

Mafiatounes

Dear all, i just bought my wife a Fiesta with the 1.4 Zetec SE engine from 2003, i am having revs going up and down between 1000-1500 rpm. What i did is clean the throttle body by taking it off (did not help) and also cleaned the PCV which still works well however did not help the cause. Next up on my list was to clean the Idle Air Control can someone please show me it's location on a picture i had a look from top and the bottom of the engine but it seems to be hidden somewhere...

Please help thanks in advance!

Sent From My Huawei P9 Lite

Did you take the whole Pcv hose off to check for splits? Does it sound like there is any air escaping anywhere?

mine was the same and it was the Pcv hose was split.

if it's not that it could be MAF sensor. 

Have you tried plugging it in for fault codes?

On the focus 1.4  zetec se its directly behind the dipstick if that helps

Thanks all. The pcv valve was checked by myself it still works (clicks), the hose was not split after a quick check. I found out that the iac is incorporated in the throttle body on the fiesta's not on the focus mk1. I cleaned the throttle body, pcv, tmap sensor. I still need to check the brake booster hose or other hoses for possible leaks. It really seems strange i cannot find what is wrong. Maybe the throttle position sensor/electrics are not working.

Sent From My Huawei P9 Lite

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club