Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 Cruise Control Fitting

JamieSMcC

I am hoping for someone's assistance here. Following this forum post, I decided to take the plunge, I bought a steering wheel with cruise control buttons and a Vgate vLinker FS USB (As recommended by the ForSCAN website) and got a 2 month free licence for ForSCAN. I have a 64' Ford Focus 1.5L Petrol Zetec S Mk3.5.

I followed a tutorial on YouTube regarding the ForSCAN side of things, connected to the vehicle, saved a profile of the vehicle, went to the DTC, deleted the errors, turned the ignition off and then back on and rescanned, went to config and programming, opened BCMii Central configuration, turned ignition off as prompted, searched for cruise control, enabled cruise control, then searched for adjustable speed limiter, enabled that through engineering mode, saved a copy of the configuration, then clicked write, turned ignition on as prompted, loaded blocks and blocks programmed successfully, stopped service procedure. 

The next step was to open the PCM Module Configuration but I did not have that option without (AS BUILT Format) next to it. And therefore I have been unable to change the Adjustable Speed Limiter (to With ASL, Less ISA) and Cruise Control (2 - Cruise Control). HOWEVER At this moment in time, cruise control and adjustable speed limiter work absolutely fine like a dream, I have no issues apart from in the DTC I have the following error that I cannot seem to get rid of in the IPC:

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible

- DTC Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

My question is, is this a problem, or can I carry on about my business, it doesn't appear to have affected the vehicle in any way, drives the same, no error lights on the dash and cruise control/adjustable speed limiter are working as expected. If it IS an issue, how would one deal with this?

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, DjRathbone said:

I am hoping for someone's assistance here. Following this forum post, I decided to take the plunge, I bought a steering wheel with cruise control buttons and a Vgate vLinker FS USB (As recommended by the ForSCAN website) and got a 2 month free licence for ForSCAN. I have a 64' Ford Focus 1.5L Petrol Zetec S Mk3.5.

I followed a tutorial on YouTube regarding the ForSCAN side of things, connected to the vehicle, saved a profile of the vehicle, went to the DTC, deleted the errors, turned the ignition off and then back on and rescanned, went to config and programming, opened BCMii Central configuration, turned ignition off as prompted, searched for cruise control, enabled cruise control, then searched for adjustable speed limiter, enabled that through engineering mode, saved a copy of the configuration, then clicked write, turned ignition on as prompted, loaded blocks and blocks programmed successfully, stopped service procedure. 

The next step was to open the PCM Module Configuration but I did not have that option without (AS BUILT Format) next to it. And therefore I have been unable to change the Adjustable Speed Limiter (to With ASL, Less ISA) and Cruise Control (2 - Cruise Control). HOWEVER At this moment in time, cruise control and adjustable speed limiter work absolutely fine like a dream, I have no issues apart from in the DTC I have the following error that I cannot seem to get rid of in the IPC:

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible

- DTC Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

My question is, is this a problem, or can I carry on about my business, it doesn't appear to have affected the vehicle in any way, drives the same, no error lights on the dash and cruise control/adjustable speed limiter are working as expected. If it IS an issue, how would one deal with this?

I may have potential answer for you as I am trying to do the same except with a 2017 1.5 TDCI Zetec. I have yet to access FORscan however I have been checking the wiring of the steering wheels. Something has come to my attention in doing this...

It appears that there a two different layouts for the cruise control buttons, the Cruise on and LIM buttons swap with RES & CAN buttons. Seen some photos on eBay and the wiring does appear to be slightly different as well. Auto-trader cars in my yr group vary wildly too but this can't just be a coincidence surely?

IMG_6037.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:50 AM, allsomatt said:

I may have potential answer for you as I am trying to do the same except with a 2017 1.5 TDCI Zetec. I have yet to access FORscan however I have been checking the wiring of the steering wheels. Something has come to my attention in doing this...

It appears that there a two different layouts for the cruise control buttons, the Cruise on and LIM buttons swap with RES & CAN buttons. Seen some photos on eBay and the wiring does appear to be slightly different as well. Auto-trader cars in my yr group vary wildly too but this can't just be a coincidence surely?

IMG_6037.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

**UPDATE** Have access to a computer with FORscan, can confirm my Mk 3.5 Face Lift TDCi 2017 Focus has PCM module access, I believe Petrol variants do not need to access the PCM unlike Diesels will be fitting the Cruise Steering Wheel and Programming either today or Sunday will post an update on the results.

SUCCESS! INSTALL/UPGRADE COMPLETED CAN CONFIRM FULLY FUNCTIONAL CRUISE CONTROL AND SPEED LIMITER WORKING! 

All for under £100.00 Fully OEM vs Third Party who wanted £500+ I cannot confirm if this guide will work for everyone but having spent a month researching then performing the procedure it has worked for me. **Try this at your own risk** I have attached a full PDF guide to my process, please ensure you buy a genuine V-Linker Cable, absolutely recommended.

Good Luck.

**FINAL POST REGARDING CRUISE INSTALL**

Guide Cruise Control Install Ford Focus_01.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, allsomatt said:

SUCCESS! INSTALL/UPGRADE COMPLETED

A very good result well done.

Now for the next upgrade convert it to Adaptive Cruise Control 🤣

• Haha 2

will be doing his on may. think i will need alot of luck 😄 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello, does anyone have UDCS in the vicinity of Essex/London and could enable cruise control for my 1.5 TDCI C-MAX please? Happy to pay!

I just did this on my brother on laws car, couldn't believe how easy it was, only took something g like 30 mins to program it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club