Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full beam turns on while it's off

Kyle barber

I was sat in my car eailer and knocked my hi beam on, while the car was off which turn my hi beam on and my main lights on not knowing locked my car and went in my house and seen the light all on, as I was looking they all turned off. Any idea why it does it, it's a fiesta zetec s 2013 

Sounds like you activated the courtesy lights. After getting out the car push the stalk as if putting high beam on. You'll hear a beep. This means they are on and stay on for about 30 seconds before going off. It was implemented to help you find your way after stopping, such as pulling onto a driveway - simply activate them and lights stay on whilst you get your key to open the door for example. They turn off automatically after 30 seconds. 

• Like 4

Found on a few Volvos decades ago, it's a 'getting you home' light which will stay on for a short period of time so that if your car is parked at the front of the house you can see the door and get door keys etc if you park up at night.

• Like 2

I use that feature a lot, I get home from work around 2am so find it very useful. Is there any way it can be coded to do it automatically? I think you may need auto lights which i do not have, but I don't mind if they come on during the day too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have to look in the menus. Pretty sure it's in the dash menu and not on the screen menus.

Settings-Vehicle-Lighting-Headlamp delay-off, 10s, 20s, 120s or something like this.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I will have a look later @B0V0 see if I have that option, I don't think I do though

8 hours ago, B0D0 said:

You have to look in the menus. Pretty sure it's in the dash menu and not on the screen menus.

Settings-Vehicle-Lighting-Headlamp delay-off, 10s, 20s, 120s or something like this.

Hope this helps.

that will just alter the time the lights remain on , dont think theres any way of automatically switching them on without pulling the control stalk first

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, biff55 said:

that will just alter the time the lights remain on , dont think theres any way of automatically switching them on without pulling the control stalk first

Yes but if you don't have that option that means that you don't have the coming home function. 

On my Focus I don't have do to nothing. Not pulling the stalk or somwthing similar. But I have autolights.

A look in the manual can help too, although the manual sometimes can be a pain to understand, or it's to vague.

I don't think I have auto lights on my car, I was wondering if it was something you could activate via Forscan. I don't have the option in the menu that you suggested @B0D0

9 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't think I have auto lights on my car, I was wondering if it was something you could activate via Forscan. I don't have the option in the menu that you suggested @B0D0

Probably cheaper to just have a small LED torch on your keys! 

12 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

If you look at your lights switch, the last position should be a light bulb with an A inside it. If you don't have it that means that you car doesn't have auto lights.

What trim level do you have?

Play with the menus on the infotainment screen too maybe it is there the coming home function. Those settings that i told you  earlier were from a Titanium. 

If not....bad luck. 

• Like 1

I have bad luck I don't have auto lights which is no great disappointment really as I kind of know when I should have my lights on, it's taken me a while but I'm getting there [emoji3] I like to have control over the lights and wipers so if I had either function I wouldn't use it. I turn them off on the wife's fiesta tit x

I have a zetec mk5 but it has a few extras that nearly take it to the tit spec, it was the sales managers car before I got it so they added some toys [emoji16]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club