Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.5TDCi power issues

suddste

Hi,

I am having an issue where the power output changes every once in a while and was wondering if anyone else was getting the same on this engine? The car starts getting very responsive etc but then it slowly goes then comes back weeks later, like it's relearning something. It's not a drastic change but very noticeable and annoying. Is it emissions related? Can anyone shed some light on this? Does anyone else with this engine (or the 1.6TDCi) have this?

Thanks,

suddste

The Ford eco-mode adjusts the engine response to how you drive it. If you heavy right foot it every day, then you'll find that it'll adapt to that, but if you are inconsistent then it'll adapt to that too.

You also have to take into consideration that you have a DPF and therefore if it starts an active regeneration your performance will be hit while the car carries this out.

I've got a 1.5TDCi with 120ps, and I don't notice much change as I try and drive economically most of the time anyway. If I need power, I get power, and she certainly pulls like a train too. 

I drive mine like a petrol. I dont do the whole evo driving and use more of the rev range.

Cant say ive noticed any dip in performance.

2 hours ago, midnighttd said:

I drive mine like a petrol. I dont do the whole evo driving and use more of the rev range.

Cant say ive noticed any dip in performance.

Has your car had an ECU update? I know there is one, and I am thinking it could also be down to this. 

Not that i know of.  Its going to be due a service soon.

It was just like the other topic of a stutter at 2krpm. I have never experienced this yet. 

Car is on 20k now

• 3 weeks later...

I experience the same issue on my 2.0 tdci Focus, 2015. I think it is related to how much de DPF is charged. After DPF regeneration, the power of the engine feels really good for a few hundred miles. Then, the power slightly reduces until the next regeneration, feels like sometimes the turbo isn't working at its maximum output.

1 hour ago, djkoss86 said:

I experience the same issue on my 2.0 tdci Focus, 2015. I think it is related to how much de DPF is charged. After DPF regeneration, the power of the engine feels really good for a few hundred miles. Then, the power slightly reduces until the next regeneration, feels like sometimes the turbo isn't working at its maximum output.

Only thing ice noticed on a regen is drop in mpg.

Driving style also changes it aswell. Not pushing car hard sometimes on a drive leads to more dpf regens.

The term good old Italian tune up springs to mind.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club