Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Worked out manually, over 1500 miles my 09 fiesta with 23k on clock when i bought it is now doing avg 35mpg - high of 39 on one fill up. Mind you, a lot of motorway/dual carriageway and speeds i shouldn't have been doing. :P

+1

Pretty much all the engines in the fiesta could benefit from a 6th gear.

Adds a bit of weight, but gives a nice long gear for cruising without messing up the short ratio of the other gears.

Hopefully we'll see a 6-speed manual or at least 6-speed powershift on the facelift.

I can't get my head round why they don't because most of the competitors do (exclding the Clio, but that has been around for a while now so I'll let it off). The equivilent Corsa to my Zetec S has a 6 speed box, the MINI does on all models now and the 95bhp Mito that I looked at had a six speed box as well. It just seems a bit daft for a newish car not to - the previous generation Punto had some models with one!

How cars have changed ! I once had a 'sit up and beg' Ford Popular (94E ?) with the 1200cc (?) side valve engine and only three gears at a time when all other cars had four speeds! I think Ford were the last volume car manufacturer in the UK to change from three to four speeds. It was already old fashioned when I had it and would do about 28mpg if you were lucky !

Ford should definitely have introduced a six-speed box on the Mk 7 Fiesta from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting 33 MPG, city drive only....expected more, not bad though!

Did an extra long drive for a wedding over the weekend. Newport (S. Wales) to Wrexham (N. Wales) and back again, over 380 miles I achieved an average of 46.4 MPG. 48 MPG on the way up, and less on the way back due to having air-con on and wanting to get home as quickly as possible! The whole trip drained my tank to only 10 miles left from near full, and was mainly A Roads with a few B Roads, and a short stretch of motorway.

Was pretty impressed because my dad's diesel Renault Espace only managed 43.4 MPG over the whole journey.

I was carrying 2 passengers at all times. We also Averaged ~60-70MPH on the way up, and 75-80MPH on the way back.

I'm getting 33 MPG, city drive only....expected more, not bad though!

Which engine have you got ?

Did an extra long drive for a wedding over the weekend. Newport (S. Wales) to Wrexham (N. Wales) and back again, over 380 miles I achieved an average of 46.4 MPG. 48 MPG on the way up, and less on the way back due to having air-con on and wanting to get home as quickly as possible! The whole trip drained my tank to only 10 miles left from near full, and was mainly A Roads with a few B Roads, and a short stretch of motorway.

Was pretty impressed because my dad's diesel Renault Espace only managed 43.4 MPG over the whole journey.

I was carrying 2 passengers at all times. We also Averaged ~60-70MPH on the way up, and 75-80MPH on the way back.

That's extremely good for a 1.6 petrol engine. I see the Ti-VCT is a twin cam variable timing unit. Is the standard 1.4 a twin cam (but presumably not VCT)?

I've now put about 3000 miles on the car ( 10 plate 1.4TDCi ) since I got it with about 7000 on the clock, weekly average varies between 64 to 67 MPG driving mostly country A and B roads, very very pleased with this :)

Did a trip from Glossop to Derby the weekend before last in my petrol Zetec S (Just over 50 miles). I arrived with the computer showing 53 mpg. Arrived back home in Glossop and it was still on 51 mpg. Did 113 miles on a quarter of a tank. You can get some incredible figures through the Peak District as your able to cruise along at 50 and 60 mph for miles and miles. I had the air con mostly off and the windows open just a pinch. The only real big uphill was the climb out of Glossop valley into the Peak District.

Back to my normal driving now and its still reading 44.9 mpg. Ive done 212 miles and the needle is just a little below half.

It's worth checking the actual consumption against the trip computer reading by filling up and noting the miles. Mine is about 1 to 2 mpg optimistic.

It's worth checking the actual consumption against the trip computer reading by filling up and noting the miles. Mine is about 1 to 2 mpg optimistic.

I agree. My trip computer is 2-3 mpg optimistic on my new Fiesta.

So far I am averaging about 62 mpg and a lot of that is urban driving. I'm not trying to get good results either because I'm told that you should give a diesel engine some stick while you are running it in. This is much better than I expected and at least 5 mpg better than I was getting from the Skoda Fabia I just part exchanged.

I have the 1.25 82 only had it a week and in the first couple days only did town driving got about 35 but now I'm commuting to work on the motorway it's hitting about 46 which is quite adequate for a petrol engine really. My last car was that 1.0 107 that was supposed to do 65 and that only ever managed 55 on the same run.

Ok turns out I did the sums wrong and I am actually getting 38 not 46 (got the cost of the petrol wrong)

So actually not adequate at all I think theres something wrong.

Which engine have you got ?

I have 1.25l petrol 82 PS

Honestly speaking...the 33 MPG I get is with A/C on, city drive only

I haven't found that the aircon makes a lot of difference actually. Biggest influences on mpg I have found are air temperature. distance, type of road and style of driving, probably in that order. Low air temperature is a huge influence if like me, you do very short distances, of course.

I haven't found that the aircon makes a lot of difference actually. Biggest influences are air temperature. distance, type of road and style of driving, probably in that order.

As for the A/C opinions varies, air temp is well over 30 C for 5 months a year, roads are fair, distances short, driving style...well, mood depending but mostly moderate. After collecting vehicle in march 2011. for the first month I was somewhat disappointed, even went to a Ford dealer to check out if it is ok 30-35 MPG. I was convinced it is. Friend of mine has a Mazda 2 1.3 75 PS and getting the same figures, which is comforting....still I think Ford could have done better.

As for the A/C opinions varies, air temp is well over 30 C for 5 months a year, roads are fair, distances short, driving style...well, mood depending but mostly moderate. After collecting vehicle in march 2011. for the first month I was somewhat disappointed, even went to a Ford dealer to check out if it is ok 30-35 MPG. I was convinced it is. Friend of mine has a Mazda 2 1.3 75 PS and getting the same figures, which is comforting....still I think Ford could have done better.

I'm sure Ford could have tweaked the design to get a few more mpg but at the expense of something else. Car design is something of a balancing act and no manufacturer gets it 100% right.

My car is up to 61.6 and seems to stay there. That's with the air con on, and not particularly driving like a granny. Sticking to the speed limits etc. Pretty pleased with that from a 1.4 TDCi.

Hopefully the Zetec S will be a bit better when I get that. One of the chaps at work is getting a smidge under 67 out of his Titanium.

guys how can i figure out what the average of all the diesel results is in this thread (excluding that of my own) without manually adding everything up post by post...

guys how can i figure out what the average of all the diesel results is in this thread (excluding that of my own) without manually adding everything up post by post...

You can't from this thread but using SpritMonitor we can narrow it down to Fiesta's with our engine (I've selected 90+95)

http://www.spritmoni...=95&powerunit=2

You can't from this thread but using SpritMonitor we can narrow it down to Fiesta's with our engine (I've selected 90+95)

http://www.spritmoni...=95&powerunit=2

i have an issue with that site though, i find they use the wrong titles for different figures and there's issues with users confusing metric and imperial. for example i've seen so many users with figures better than mine, like more than is normal. hence i am reluctant to base my figures on that website....

i was going to use something between 50 and 55 mpg from the data shown in the chart but i want to link something live and updating, i suppose i could use spirit monitor somehow.

reason being is i want to work out how much money i've saved driving how i do.

if i use the figure 55mpg then over 7 months i've saved over £220 which i'm sure you can agree is a great figure. But i want to make this as honest as possible and use absolute average figures rather than grabbing the 55mpg figure.

As people only vote x-y in this thread and not a specific number I don't think it's gonna do what you want.

Looking at the poll, I don't see how anyone could get as low as 20 - 30mpg from a diesel or petrol unless they've got a hole in the tank !

there are some right mongs on spirit monitor who seem to think that 3 gallons of diesel gets them 500 miles, its throwing the average out massively. however with that in mind i can at least say that the average i'm using is very conservative and in reality i've probably saved a bit more. the figure on spirit monitor is 55.4 mpg, search parameters 'ford', 'fiesta', 'diesel', '90-95ps', '2009 onwards'.

fair test if you ask me

Looking at the poll, I don't see how anyone could get as low as 20 - 30mpg from a diesel or petrol unless they've got a hole in the tank !

Quite easily, I do it without even trying, I actually got 26mpg with last tank. However I think I may be changing car to something with even lower mpg very soon if my finance goes through :oP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club