Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 tdci titanium 2011

Choudhrysuk

Hi Guy, I need some help. I have a few faults with the car  It is a 2012 focus  1.6 tdci. Every so often the interior light and headlights will come on automatically while parked and fully locked. The lights will not go off until the engine is started. 2nd fault every so often will struggle to go up hill with turbo lag. Foot down all the way and no power for a few seconds. Thirdly the stop- start seems to be. Intermittent and does not work. Finally it seems there is some loss of oil from the turbo, my mechanic seems to think this is normal. Overall it a nice car want to keep it.

many thanks.

37 minutes ago, Choudhrysuk said:

Hi Guy, I need some help. I have a few faults with the car  It is a 2012 focus  1.6 tdci. Every so often the interior light and headlights will come on automatically while parked and fully locked. The lights will not go off until the engine is started. 2nd fault every so often will struggle to go up hill with turbo lag. Foot down all the way and no power for a few seconds. Thirdly the stop- start seems to be. Intermittent and does not work. Finally it seems there is some loss of oil from the turbo, my mechanic seems to think this is normal. Overall it a nice car want to keep it.

many thanks.

I have the same engine so might be able to help that department, the light situation not so much, you should not be having enough turbo lag to cause issues as it's more or less instant unless you're changing too early I think that fault is due to the loss of oil from the turbo, you shouldn't be having any oil loss from turbo or anywhere else so if you keep having to top up you might want to inspect the turbo further ensuring everything is plumbed in tightly into and from the turbo, replacing your fuel filter every 6-12 months is good practice too as that will cause significant power loss is it did me, my start stop has not worked in over a month then suddenly tonight it's decided to start working again, the start stop system has to meet very strict parameters to enable it to function so don't be alarmed when it doesn't work.

So in short, replace fuel filter & check that all the pipes and connections into and from the turbo are tight.

I hope I somewhat helped I'm no mechanic by any means but loss of oil is something that should not be occurring, it doesn't on mine I don't even have to top up.

our family 1.6tdci fiesta now at 150k miles has never needed oil top up between oil changes. I have always changed the oil at 15k intervals (which I know is beyond what ford say and way beyond what others reccommend on that engine).

34 minutes ago, isetta said:

our family 1.6tdci fiesta now at 150k miles has never needed oil top up between oil changes. I have always changed the oil at 15k intervals (which I know is beyond what ford say and way beyond what others reccommend on that engine).

you can never do too many oil and filter changes :w00t:

10 hours ago, Choudhrysuk said:

many thanks.

Hi guys. Thanks for help. It is greatly appreciated. thanks once again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club