Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus gone, Fiesta here!

FMC

Capability Green is a funny one - quite a nice business park ... in Luton? Odd.

I know! Weird huh? It is on the outskirts I suppose though...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FMC

• Flic

• AndrewL

• Jonny87

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on finally taking delivery of the Fiesta, looks good :D

I know what you mean about the downgrade in power.. I've driven a Mk7 TDCi ZS since I've owned my petrol one, and even between them two noticed a great difference in power. But now I drive my Mum's 1.5 diesel Clio regularly, I appreciate diesel power more :P

I suppose you'll get used to how the diesel drives etc and it will be more than powerful enough once you're used to it :)

If you can't possibly cope with the diesel, i'd be willing to do a swap :lol: purely because I should have bought a diesel, and prefer the Frozen White :P

Thanks Chris :)

It's possibly going to be for sale in 9 months' time so give me a shout ;)

I've had a diesel before - a 2.0 Volvo S40, which had loads of grunt. Mid range torque was immense! I've not even driven the ZS today, but the missus drove it for the first time and was disappointed to have only reached *cough* 75mph up the dual carriageway bypass (which is uphill at about 15%, so fairly steep lol). So it's hardly a slouch, although, as we all keep saying, it's no Focus ST :P (which would storm up the same hill at nearly 120 lol (allegedly ;))

Some more observations on the Fiesta after a 30 mile run this morning:

The visibility through the rear window, although very clear and ample, is a little distorted by the severe curvature of the rear window glass. Can't be helped i suppose, but it's a little offputting (like being in the weird mirrors fun house at the fair lol)

I miss a card holder slot lol - i believe there is one in the models without an ESP deactivation switch - i used to use this in the Focus for parking meter cards, even my credit card if just going out for fuel lol

The upper radio control "dial" top button (the "up" arrow) is difficult to reach. I find the design of that control quite disappointing - they should have made it a proper "joystick" with a rotating centre, or like an ipod wheel.

It really needs a centre armrest, again a feature i miss from the Focus. I will definitely be buying an aftermarket armrest once i get some spare cash

Lack of any elastic straps in the boot is really a !Removed!-poor penny pinching nonsense - there's space both sides, little cubby holes suitable for a tyre inflation kit or fiest aid kit, but t=no straps to secure them. Again, Focus had these and i miss them. I'll be exploring adding something myself i think :)

MPG is getting better all the time. Average is now up to 40.0 - and the car has now done 100 miles lol

Oh, and i still hate the shape of the steering wheel - whatever happened to making the rim round, and not a square-chamfered trapezoidal alien-hands-ergonmical shape FFS? :(

:)

i took a photo of the 100 miles odometer reading - can i join the "i'm sad enough to take photos of my dash club" now please? :P

:lol:

S8003591.jpg

I think I'm sadder! I took one at 1001 miles, seriously considered stopping at the side of the road for the 1000 mile shot, but didn't... It makes me sad I can't document this magical moment :( ;)

I think I'm saddest when it comes to dash picture taking :lol:

I have loads of the Fiesa at 10k, 15k, 20k, 22,222

The best one I have though is a picture of the mileage "66,666" on my Mini :blink: needless to say, that was probably the most careful mile of driving iv ever done :lol:

I think I'm saddest when it comes to dash picture taking :lol:

I have loads of the Fiesa at 10k, 15k, 20k, 22,222

The best one I have though is a picture of the mileage "66,666" on my Mini :blink: needless to say, that was probably the most careful mile of driving iv ever done :lol:

Haha, you're not the only one mate! Can I be vice admiral of the sad photos club? :lol:

img00185200911212239.jpg w2048.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club