Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 1 Focus Auxillary Belt Tensioner

Jaiimez

Hey I am just curious I have a 2002 Mk 1 Focus 1.8 TDCI, my mother however is about to scrap her Mk 1 1,4zetec Focus, and my tensioner just broke on mine, I am just curious, are the tensioners the same, as I am on a bit of a budget i'm wondering if I could just strip her tensioner off and fit it to mine, then fit a new belt.

don't know.  go to eurocarparts website put each reg. number to identify car model and look at : Drive Belt Tensioners, Idlers & Dampers 

does it have same part number?

Might depend on aircon and power steering. I know that on the 1.6 petrol mk1 focus it is different if you have aircon. Because if it has aircon they then moved the power steering to make way for aircon .  the power steering moved to be mounted on the belt tensioner. The belt tensioner bolted to the engine and then the power steering was bolted to the tensioner (so that tensioner was different to have the power steering mounting point on it.).    I know this when I had to buy a new tensioner on my old 1.6 petrol. The plastic wheel melted because the bearing siezed and the belt was being pulled around the plastic wheel which wouldn't move.  Shame I couldn't just but the wheel/bearing  part but it seems buying the whole thing is the only way and it seemed quite expensive for what it is.

8 hours ago, isetta said:

don't know.  go to eurocarparts website put each reg. number to identify car model and look at : Drive Belt Tensioners, Idlers & Dampers 

does it have same part number?

Might depend on aircon and power steering. I know that on the 1.6 petrol mk1 focus it is different if you have aircon. Because if it has aircon they then moved the power steering to make way for aircon .  the power steering moved to be mounted on the belt tensioner. The belt tensioner bolted to the engine and then the power steering was bolted to the tensioner (so that tensioner was different to have the power steering mounting point on it.).    I know this when I had to buy a new tensioner on my old 1.6 petrol. The plastic wheel melted because the bearing siezed and the belt was being pulled around the plastic wheel which wouldn't move.  Shame I couldn't just but the wheel/bearing  part but it seems buying the whole thing is the only way and it seemed quite expensive for what it is.

Yeah this is the thing for me, the pulley has seemed to have sheered off the tensioner, I looked at tensioners and your looking around £110 for the tensioner and rang everyone to see if I could just buy a replacement pulley but like you, no luck, it's either the full tensioner or nothing, it's just a case that my mum is going to scrap/sell her Focus for parts anyway, and she only wants 80quid for the entire car, and I figured I could strip more than enough parts off to store for my car, then sell the rest online and scrap whats left.

They are are not the same, the diesel tensioner has always been an issue on the engine and the cost is ridiculous from Ford and euros. I found one on eBay for about £40 when I needed one so that's where I'd look. 

I've just had a look and found this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201925891362

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club