Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About car

Amanda mills

Hi guys I bought  my focus estate 07 plate 1.6 diseil  mileage was 100,07 miles on the clock I've had the dpf changed and turbo , but still having problems it's going into limp mode after I start driving it for a while the limp mode only stays there for a few min plus I can smell distil from my exhaust with these problems no lights come up on dash board any suggestions please x 

I had a non ford diesel which was doing the exact same, during me troubleshooting it I suspected a faulty fuel pump, and the injectors, but before I bought any parts I decided to get a terraclean done, which cleared up the problem, I'm not saying it will sort your car's issue but I wouldn't dismiss it.
Here's a link for you to read up about it..... http://www.weldbankgarage.co.uk/decarbonising.html

Also try getting a code reader on it. There may be fault codes stored despite having no warning lights on the dash.

I wonder if it could be that someone has reset the Eolys fluid level without actually filling it?

• Thanks 1

I don't know the same garage has done all the work he's done so many diagnostics on it they can't pin point what the problem is , so that's why I'm asking for any suggestions as I can't afford to keep spending money in it x

I totally understand but the problem is that the garage have had you replace the two most expensive parts of your engine and it hasn't cured the problem. 

It sounds like they're just guessing and that an expensive way to repair a car.

It can be difficult to diagnose an intermittent problem so the more info you can get about exactly how, when and what happens when your problem strikes, the easier it will be to figure out what's wrong.

Keep posting back cos we really want to help you get sorted.

Edit: we'll have to ask Clive @Stoney871 or Alex @alexp999 very nicely if they would please mind moving it? Amanda, please don't make a new thread, just stick with this one😊

When you say 'limp mode' but no lights come up on your dash, what exactly do you mean? What happens when this occurs? What exactly can you smell from your exhaust? Diesel fumes (as in, how it smells when you fill up at a fuel station), or diesel smoke like you get, say, from the back of an old van? Or a Vauxhall(😆) How can you tell it's from your exhaust while you're driving?

All this will be helpful if you can provide it!

• Like 2

When I drive over 70 miles an hour for a good 15 miles it starts too loose power and it starts to jerk for a few minutes but then it drives normal for a while and goes back too loose power it feels like the engine is shaking , when I'm driving it at night you can see either smoke or exhaust fumes from exhaust from car lights as the come up close behind me 

Thanks Clive,

Amanda that's good helpful info. I'm not as mechanically minded as others here so I don't want to give you inaccurate advice, but I'm keen to get more info if possible so someone else can help you.

I take it you regularly do longish journeys at 70 - part of a commute? 

Is this when cruising at 70 in 5th (or 6th) or if you get over 70 in a lower gear? Only after a prolonged stint at 70? Jerky if you keep accelerating or even if you just try to hold steady speed?

Your first post sounds as if you bought recently?

I had a mk3 mondeo which had similar symptoms but went into limp after accelerating hard or reaching motorway speed. Cleaned the egr valve and that helped a bit but didn't entirely cure the problem before I sold the car anyway. I can't believe that a garage that has advised you to replace a turbo and a dpf wouldn't have checked this first though.

Sounds more like a throttle problem tbh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Surely the garage would pick that up though with formidable type telemetry?

Amanda, have you had a second opinion from anywhere?

No not yet money a bit tight but will due in a few weeks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club