Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol Ford Edge

philipj604

Hi all, Im new to the forum as I'm interested in buying a Ford Edge. Does anyone know if and when a petrol version will be released here in the UK. My local dealer doesn't know and I contacted Ford directly and got told to ask my dealership!!!

I think if Ford are serious long term about the Edge in Europe/UK and the u-turn on diesel 'frendliness', then they have to offer a Petrol in yhe next 18 months. Be nice to see the 2.3 ecoboost (315bhp) used in the Mustang or Focus RS in the Sport/ST-Line as it is in the US/Canada.

ford in usa use the 2.0 ecoboost twin scroll, 2.7 ecoboost v6 and 3.5 v6

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/09/2017 at 10:49 PM, iantt said:

ford in usa use the 2.0 ecoboost twin scroll, 2.7 ecoboost v6 and 3.5 v6

Indeed, had the 2.0 Ecoboost Edge as a rental car recently, was the Titanium loaded with options, great car. Was a bit sad to return to my Focus after that lol

• Like 1

With the government coming down hard on diesels, I think it’s a matter of time before we get an Edge petrol model. The problem in the uk is the cost of running a big heavy petrol powered car. My diesel only maintains about 33-34 mpg. That being said a 2 litre ecoboost might be economical enough. 

5 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

With the government coming down hard on diesels, I think it’s a matter of time before we get an Edge petrol model. The problem in the uk is the cost of running a big heavy petrol powered car. My diesel only maintains about 33-34 mpg. That being said a 2 litre ecoboost might be economical enough. 

Can't be too bad surely. The same engine in the Mondeo is quoted at 48 or 49 MPG extra-urban cycle or something, so it should only be a little under that. Around town it will obviously drink fuel however. That said if you're buying a car for £35k+, I doubt you will care about a few MPGs difference :)

• Like 1

I think the Edge weighs a bit more than a Mondeo. Oh and the official fuel figures bear no resemblance to reality. My Edge is quoted at about 47 mpg but I’m lucky if I get more than 34. 

Our 180 Mondeo current hits the heady heights of 41mpg combined on a 20min journey so a petrol powered Edge say 25mpg combined if you don't go too mad. Bearing in mind the lack of Torque that you get in the diesel will mean a heavier foot is required to move the thing.

As for being able to afford. On PCP finance 35K for a car of his type is average at best. If you can literally pay 35K up front then yes, maybe don't worry about the cost of fuel. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club