Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking to purchase a OBD Scanner

auldreekie

Should do as it states EOBD compliant which is what the Mk1 Focus is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is not entirely true.

The EOBD/OBD2 standard was mandatory for all Petrol cars produced from 2001 and all Diesel cars produced from 2004. All focus MK1 Petrol versions produced from its introduction in 1998 fully comply to the EOBD/OBD2 standard.

However the Diesel versions that are produced before 2004 do not always comply to the EOBD/OBD2 standard. Some of the diesel versions produced before 2004 do comply while other versions do not comply to the EOBD/OBD2 standard. 

43 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

However the Diesel versions that are produced before 2004 do not always comply to the EOBD/OBD2 standard. Some of the diesel versions produced before 2004 do comply while other versions do not comply to the EOBD/OBD2 standard. 

Ah, classic Ford! :wallbash:

Not just Ford, it's the same with most manufacturers around the crossover year.  

If it's a TDDI I doubt it'll be OBD compliant.  TDCi might be as they were kept after the 04 crossover bit not sure they were made as early as 01.

You'd be better off with FORScan tbh.

Does all this mean the Foxwell NT200 wil not work with the 02 Mk1 Focus 1.8 tddi, it is a Endura engine? 

The car is not mine but belongs to a relative, I thought purchasing the Foxwell NT 200 would do other (newer) cars in the family, not all  Fords.

The honest answer is we don't know, just advising from experiences with similar age diesels.  As the TDDI wasn't kept after the crossover I wouldn't expect them to bother making it OBD complaint, manufacturers don't tend to spend money on development where they don't need to.  

I've got a generic scanner myself, similar to that one, but I rarely use it, the manufacturer specific tools pick up far more codes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club