Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless start

Ricky donoghue

My 2016 fiesta titanium x starts without the key in car u need key to unlock it but it doesnt have to be in car my focus titainium 2010 needed key in car surely this is not normal  i got the wife to walk around the block with key and it still started also if i start car and step out with key it doesnt warn me the focus did help please 

Mine says key not detected if key not inside car when I press the Button even placing key on roof will prevent it starting.

Hi cjay1 yes my focus was the same if u stepped out the car with key in pocket it would beep and tell you key outside car  that was a 2010. Titanium the fiesta is a 66 plate only bought it 3 months ago it was a ford ex demo so been ford owned till thn i wS curious to see if it would start without key so asked the wife to walk away from car while i tried it she gt around the block before she got bored playing my (silly game)  as she put it lol gona try ringing fords today but with working 6 days aweek dont know if can get it there in there work hours but heres hoping thy can advise me 

• 2 weeks later...

Update  evans halshaw ford collected car today ! when i bought car thy lost one of the keyless fobs so cut me a new one . Turns out the problem was the lost fob had slipped down the hand brake into the notourios black hole  (when u click hand brake on it leaves a hole big enough to fit a fob or keys down ) so reason could start car was a key was inside at all times  all sorted now and i now have three fobs  bonus 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Result! Those keysless fobs cost hundreds, the previously lost key should have been deactivated once locked in the car though meaning it shouldn’t be able to start the engine not sure why it did.

3 hours ago, SPRAGGYY said:

Result! Those keysless fobs cost hundreds, the previously lost key should have been deactivated once locked in the car though meaning it shouldn’t be able to start the engine not sure why it did.

Yes i read that as well so i placed a key in the car and used the wifes to lock it in which  it did when i reopened it the fob still worked i thn sat in car with my fob and tried locking my self in with fob it wouldnt let me so you can only lock fob in car using another fob when ford returned my car i tried the third fob it works fine just glad the problem is solved and hopefully helps if any one else as similar sittuation 

Christ, didn't they un-pair the missing key before flashing a new one?  That could potentially have left a live and functioning key at large.

No thy told me the last guy who used the car had lost the fob so they just cut a new one on the day i collected it if i had left doors open anyone could of just drove off init dont think my insurance would of been to happy just glad thy found it so quick thy even said it had thm baffled it was only when thy checked the computer and seen it had a new key cut because they  had lost it that they looked down the handbrake so must be a very common thing i believe the focus may have similar problem 

What a story, bet it had you baffled. 

I too have lost my keys (not keyless) down that same gap, including a massive fob of other keys. Took ages and a lot of swearing to retrieve them. 

I spent all saturday afternoon trying to see if key fob was in there i managed to access the back of of the arm rest but couldnt see in so used my phone to see if anything was in there i gave up after nearly 2 hrs searching turned out fob had slipped down the side you couldnt access luckily ford found it 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club