Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Sync 1 to Mk3.5 sync 2 retrofit?

Luke_Anderson

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster here! I have used the search function and done as much research as I can however I’m struggling to come to a definite conclusion.

I have a 2014 pre facelift Titanium X with the Sony Nav unit installed, as it goes its not a bad system however I long for the larger screen and layout of the 8” found in the facelift focus. I would like to know if there is a step by step guide anywhere on this process. I know I can be done I’m just a bit lost when it comes to exactly what kit I need and what mods need to be done. I worked in car audio for many years and have forscan and focccus programs. If anyone could shed any light on the process I’d love to hear from you! Many thanks in advance 👍🏻

It's a very expensive job but it can be done. Requires a lot of wiring and module replacements!

Thanks for the reply! I figured it would be a lot of work but with eBay and doing it myself I should be able to keep costs down 👍🏻 Just need to find a guide or even a list of exactly what I’ll need 😂

On 31/01/2018 at 2:34 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

I have a 2014 pre facelift Titanium X with the Sony Nav unit installed, as it goes its not a bad system however I long for the larger screen and layout of the 8” found in the facelift focus.

As said it's a fair bit of work, parts and programming.   

Unfortunately  after you've done all that Sync 2 isn't great especially if your trying to use it on the move.  It's slow and the old screen tech is pretty unresponsive.  Better to go Sync 3 if you can, although it will probably cost more  as most of the major parts are different to Sync 2.

• Like 1

Unfortunately sync 3 is a little out of my price range for a retrofit, I mainly want it for the interior look as the Sony unit just has so many buttons and the sync 2 looks a lot smoother, I appreciate its a lot of work and parts but I still want it! So any ideas of what I’d need and the process of doing it? 

You're gonna need at least the following parts:

ASBuilt Data of a Sync 2 car to enable the right features.
APIM for Sync 2
Audio Control Module (The radio its self basically)
The control panel buttons
The Sync 2 touch screen
Bezel parts to house the touch screen etc.

That’s a great start thanks! I have a friend with a sync 2 focus so hopefully can get the As built data from that. There are some bundles on eBay that look to contain the modules and some even have the wiring. I guess I’d love to speak to someone that’s done it, just to find out the process. If I ever get to doing this I will be making a full guide for everyone! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club