Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 1.6 ti-vct bogging down in 1st

2010powen

hi all, I recently purchased a 2005, 1 owner, full history, focus 1.6 ti-vct from an elderly couple. At 1st I fought I had  found a perfect car but seems the more I  drive it then the more things I seem to find.

At the moment I have noticed at a certain junction I use every day ( hill start ) as I start to pull off in 1st the car seems to bog down ( almost like a flat spot ) so I have to push the gas down harder to get it going, or as ive been doing lately is pull off at 3-4000 revs rather than the more sensible 2000.

is now become a bit more of an issue as now the wife has past her test, she is the one who is going to be using it the most an last thing I want is it bogging down an cutting out on her.

I have notice that it has got the ti-vct rattle on cold start up an my miles per gallon are awfull! The engine is always cold at this junction ( I haven't tired it when warm yet) and I am doing a lot of short cold trips lately. I have recently had the thermosat changed. I also notice some one had bent what looked like a vac pipe over and zip tied it. I undid it, not sure were it came from or went to. going to zip it back up tomorrow.

anyone any ideas? thanks paul

• 1 month later...

Mods... This needs moving to the focus forum.

For the issues... How low is your mpg?

We have a 2006 tivct with the rattle, but is fine and operational (you can disconnect the solenoids to see what driving without the tivct is like!). Any issue there and you'd get an engine light.

Mpg can be bad in cold weather and short trips, especially if you have a thermostat stuck open issue.

There are a few flat spots due to the tivct, but not any as bad as needing 4000rpm. What happens if you don't rev it?

This could be the throttle body in need of cleaning.

Post pic of the vac pipe and where it is in eginne bay and I'll see if I can identify if.

James.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club