Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Woolyford

woolyford

The oil filler cap on my Focus 1.4 CL ,and also the breather pipe from the Rocker Cover  , are both contaminated with a mustard coloured  gunge . Looks like water/oil emulsified . Any thoughts please ??

head gasket water in the oil get a pressure test to confrim

• Like 1

this can be head gasket problem (coolant getting in the oil) and some people are very quick to say it must be that, but in my 36 years of driving I have had a few cars with that emulsified stuff round the filler which have not had head gasket problems at all. I think on some cars it is just from condensation in the rocker box area. Although I do a lot of miles now, years ago I often left the car for a week without use and did very little mileage (as I also had a motorbike) and i think that contributed to it. 

i had a car like that years ago pug 806 2.0hdi every time I wiped it clean it would come back drove it for about 2 years np at all

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club