Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St2 Hid Kit Help Required

Philf1

Hi guys hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having fitting my H7 55w HID Kit to my ST2 dipped beam bulbs.

Before anyone starts with all the arguments about legality and blinding other drivers I know all of that but in my previous car a 2012 Fiesta ZS I never had any issues as they are projector lenses as are the lenses in the ST2.

So I had this kit in my ZS and it worked with no problems at all. When I changed cars I removed the kit and have today tried to fit it into my ST2. bulbs into lenses no problem all connections OK. However when I switched them on the HID bulbs came on for a second or two but never got bright then went out completely. When I put my indicators on they flashed!

I thought that was sounded like an earth fault so removed and checked all the connections. Everything was OK.

I have now had to replace my original halogens so I can drive the car and they are working fine so not a fuse issue.

So my question is why are they not working? Do I need canbus in the ST2? Can I still use 55w or should they be 35w?

Any help would be much appreciated, especially from any ST2 owners who have fitted HID kits.

The only thing i have in mind did you connect the hid on the battery or bulb conector.

The only difference is my hid are 35W yours 55W maybe that should do the trick.

The one i have worked right away no probs at all.

The lighting on both cars are the same there is no canbus on the lights .

55W can sometimes cause interference, but not sure if to this level, check your wiring I'd say. Also are they DC or AC ballasts?

55W can sometimes cause interference, but not sure if to this level, check your wiring I'd say. Also are they DC or AC ballasts?

Thought cars were DC only?

I have messaged HIDS-DIRECT who I bought them off and they think the 55w are too much for the ST. Also suggest that I get terminator ones which appear to be more adaptable for cars that are sensitive to HID kits, like audi and the like and have super canbus ballasts so should be OK.

I didn't think the Fiesta required canbus. Does anyone know?

Of course this will mean buying a full kit again.

You definitely don't need canbus ones, and cars are dc but it's simply just the HID Kit ballast that is ac or dc, personally I think and have had both that the dc ones are better and seem more reliable from knowledge. You should be fine with a 35w dc HID Kit like I have in mine atm

There ac ones also I think ? Have the little black boxes as well as the ballast. If I'm honest I'd just buy a set of dc 35w non canbus ones but it's all down to personal preference I guess and what works for you :) I always use ultra vision or phillips kits too

Cheers Nathan I will do a bit more research before I buy

No worries, hope you get a decent kit and all works out. Nothing more annoying than stuff that's faulty/doesn't work or cheap

I agree. Luckily I can fit my old kit in my daughters car so she will be pleased as she has been nagging me to buy her one for ages.

They only supply AC ones which is what are needed, DC are terrible. The ballasts chance the current from DC to AC.

Best going for 35W, I have those on both the ZS and the ST and they work fine, at 6000K.

Does anyone have any troubles with there hids?? I had some they caused radio interference so i got some from hids direct but still got the radio problem?? Can one help?

They only supply AC ones which is what are needed, DC are terrible. The ballasts chance the current from DC to AC.

Best going for 35W, I have those on both the ZS and the ST and they work fine, at 6000K.

David any chance you could post a linky to the ones you have, thanks.

Just got those ones dave but the dark lines are a put off.

Well I have ordered a new set from HIDS direct hopefully they will be OK otherwise I am another £60 pout of pocket.

Will let you know how they go once fitted.

where have you guys fitted yours hids or secured them out of interest to solve my problem ?

I haven't work out where to put the ballasts but sticking them under the light is possible. If I can't get rid of the dark shadow lines then I'll have a brand new set up for sale soon.

rotate the lights 180 degrees the shadow lines are gone

It is possible i did it in my car mk 7.5

i turned my bulbs and the problem was gone

bxf3.jpg

It is possible i did it on my car mk 7.5 titanium

bxf3.jpg