Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring Led/bulb To Come On When Headlights Are On

andy_1984

as the title says, wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to wire about 4 led's so that they switch on when the headlights are switched on.

basicly ive been trying to find a problem with my climate control backlights for some time and havnt figured it out yet and rather than buying a new climate control unit i could wire some leds to take place of the bulbs in the back of the unit for temporary lighting because i cant see my knob in the dark, no not that kind! the ones on the climate control.

so lets have it, whats my best bet ?

as the title says, wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to wire about 4 led's so that they switch on when the headlights are switched on.

basicly ive been trying to find a problem with my climate control backlights for some time and havnt figured it out yet and rather than buying a new climate control unit i could wire some leds to take place of the bulbs in the back of the unit for temporary lighting because i cant see my knob in the dark, no not that kind! the ones on the climate control.

so lets have it, whats my best bet ?

leds can be tricky the best way to do it would be leds with built in converters and connect them to the headlight switch but remember anything wiring wise goes wrong it in the best case wioll blow a fuse but potentially a big enough spark will fry the gem module. what about a led bar that simply sticks on thats battery operated so you can switch it on and off no wires no hassle

sounds like a good idea, i suppose i could put battery powered(double A batteries) leds in the back of the bulb holders on the unit with a small switch somewhere. not as clean a mod as id like but i see your point with the sparks and its simple enough.

what i just realised earlier is the backlights for the aircon, recirculated air and window demisters still work and those buttons are all part of the same unit cant see how it could just be the knobs not lighting up ?

do you reckon i could safely take a feed from those bulbs and supply it to the other bulbs, they dont even need to be led's i just want the lights working again when i turn on the headlights

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club