Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical Buzzing Noise In Rear - Stops When Ignition Turned On

cullenrc

An electrical buzzing noise has started to happen in the rear of my Ford Focus.

The noise is constant when the car is turned off, but when the ignition is turned on, the buzzing noise stops.

I have recently had the spare tyre swapped, so suspect something may have been knocked which has damaged/dislodged something.

The noise seems to be coming from inside the wheel arch (opposite side from petrol flap), so is quite awkward to get into to see what is causing it.

It sounds like a wire loose or electrical connection problem.

Any ideas what it could be, and how I can get in to the wheel arch to see what it is?

Thanks

i can remember on a different forum, someone complained of the same thing. anyways long story short he was told that it was the fuel pump priming or something to that effect.

im not sure if this is accurate for this make and model of car.

sorry for not editing previous thread...for some reason my pc wouldnt load it to edit.

anyways i forgot to ask, is the buzzing there when you remove the key or when you turn electrics on with key (before engine start)

Thank John.

I've seen that other post you're referring to, and I don't think it's that, as it's not in the same location in the car.

The noise was happening all the time, apart from when the ignition was actually turned on.

Thankfully the noise has now magically stopped after a couple of days, but would be useful to try and find out what was causing it, in case it comes back again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club